50 sage pvp question

Dharton

Hello all! I am recently returning to the game from being gone for a extended period of time and just wondering if some one could provide a cookie cutter build for both dps and healing for warzones. I've heard that a hybrid build for dps is best but was wondering if there's a cookie cutter that I can start with and I havnt been able to find any real healing pvp spec for the sage so if any one can help me out with that it would be great! Thanks

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGdRrd0dGzZf00MZ0M.2

This is a fairly common build for straight healing in Warzones. This is typically the base, take what liberties you want with it.

Some people like to put points in Concentration (in the Telekinetics tree) because casting Disturbance then improves your Force Regen.

Others like to put points into Egress (in the Seer tree) as it provides more mobility and frees you from roots.

As for the bubble spec, really you just want to make sure you have Preservation (lower cost of Force Armor), and Kinetic Collapse (Force Armor stuns enemies when it ends). The rest is yours to toy with.

Thank you for the healing spec, does any one have a good dps pvp spec? Is telekinetics the way to go or should I go balance?

Here's an example hybrid build that gives instant Disturbance, Mind crush and TKWave, but revolves around disturbance and TKThrow and require decent Alacrity to pull off. If you have more power than speed, you could invest more points in balance and drop Momentum and Tremors.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600Zrsb0dRruzZdRbRs0z.2

Your basic rotation would start with weaken mind, then Mental Alacrity, then TKThrow or Disturbance and proc into instant MindCrush or TKWave as appropriate, then Force in Balance (and forcequake if AOE) and repeat.

Edited by Ycoga

Im not so sure; I can use AOE's in WZ and get top of the damage charts as sage.

cause thats important right?

sorc dmg doesnt make a difference in warzones, its not bursty enough

whats sad is a mara can run around smokin kids with single target dmg and match or beat our aoe dmg best case scenario if we get untouched. that same mara' can ravage you for 2/3 of ur health at least,

i didnt roll this class to sit back and aoe.

compare us to snipers.. snipers have AMAZING burst, cant be charged/grappled.. u truly dont want them to focus u without los

sorc dmg is laughable. its not a threat... we have no big crits, our dots are a waste of a gcd

so keep sitting back and spamming force storm/forcequake cause ur making us look bad

Healer: Don't go higher than Healing Trance. There's no point in going for salvation. Combine with Kinetic Collapse and the bubble boosts in the Tele tree

DPS:Go up to Force suppression in the Balance tree. Combine with Kinetic Collapse in the Tele tree. Remaining point(s) can be put into Tele Wave, for a bit more burst the time it procs, or to boost your dots.

For DPS it's almost a given to pick telekinetic effusion (since you will spec high for bubble stuns anyway), same applies to heal hybrids that dps a lot. You will never run out of force. Telekinetic effusion is less important if you are on a facerolling team where you are allowed to free cast from the back.

DO NOT channel disturbance in a warzone, LIKE EVER, but use it the times you've already applied Mind Crush on a PoM proc and PoM instantly procs again. It's not uncommon that this happens and I use disturbance to proc an instant tele wave.

Edited by MidichIorian