Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new achievement system, players will want/need to get these bugged entries.

I've also had several others not in this list that were bugged at the time, or simply didn't work for me.

For example, I have a Jedi Sentinel I've played since launch, and I never got "Jedi Weapon" on Tython when I got my saber. I've put in support tickets and they never unlocked the codex entry for me.

I logged my ticket with my 60 odd missing entries the other day - I know it'll take awhile for them to go through my data but I was wondering from those who have had their entries fixed, how long between logging and fix did you have to wait.

Also I am loving the look of the new achievement system - and it's legacy wide... This would be the perfect time for them to fix the codex once and for all...

With the new achievement system, players will want/need to get these bugged entries.

I've also had several others not in this list that were bugged at the time, or simply didn't work for me.

For example, I have a Jedi Sentinel I've played since launch, and I never got "Jedi Weapon" on Tython when I got my saber. I've put in support tickets and they never unlocked the codex entry for me.

Same situation here with my Sentinel. If they don't fix Codex with 2.0 and people won't be able to get achievements... well, that will be another fail from BW. Like fixing something like Codex for more than a year isn't.

Not to spoiler anything, but there are achievements based on # codex found? I tested 2.0 Sunday and all I saw were "use of companion" ones... Al thought I do think I remember a "locations" based one.

Codex chasers out there are going to looove the achievement thing. Start outfitting your comps if you are one of those "got to have them all" OCD people. :-P

I logged my ticket with my 60 odd missing entries the other day - I know it'll take awhile for them to go through my data but I was wondering from those who have had their entries fixed, how long between logging and fix did you have to wait.

Also I am loving the look of the new achievement system - and it's legacy wide... This would be the perfect time for them to fix the codex once and for all...

Ok had an email to say that they are happy to announce they have sorted out my problem... standard CS reply but when I logged in I found that most of the entries have been added. So now at 669/812.

Like other consulars although I asked for them I wasn't granted:

Satele Shan

Cathar Settlers &

Gundark

Not sure why these were left out - will log another ticket about them in particular.

As an aside I now see that the entries for the Gree event are at the top out of the way in the codex... Also did anyone get the "Combat Specimen" title during the event for defeating all the WBs?

Edited by Childofbaahl

Ok had an email to say that they are happy to announce they have sorted out my problem... standard CS reply but when I logged in I found that most of the entries have been added. So now at 669/812.

Like other consulars although I asked for them I wasn't granted:

Satele Shan

Cathar Settlers &

Gundark

Not sure why these were left out - will log another ticket about them in particular.

As an aside I now see that the entries for the Gree event are at the top out of the way in the codex... Also did anyone get the "Combat Specimen" title during the event for defeating all the WBs?

In the help interface in-game, which area did you submit this ticket to? I have never had any luck with any of the areas I submitted to.

Awesome you have been leading out on this issue for so long!!!

I have been with the game since launch... Can't believe this is not fixed.

I am going to start submitting tickets!! I hope this works 2.0

Keep up the good work!!

VOLT

So following previous suggestions, I submitted another in-game request for codex entries to be granted. I got an email response:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issues with the Codex.

We are aware that there are issues with certain Codex entries not being granted when the player is eligible. Unfortunately, in this instance I am unable to grant the specific entries you have mentioned to your character.

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) responded to a question about the Codex in one of our Community Q&As. He stated: "The Codex will get a clean-up pass in the not-too-distant future, and at that time, we'll be either removing the entries that are no longer obtainable or re-enabling some of those removed entries if it makes sense to do so."

The full Q&A can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-july-13th-2012

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause. Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

WOW. Just WOW. They reference a 9-month old thread, with the quote "not-too-distant-future." No changes were made to my codex.

Interpretation is left to the reader.

/rant off

Edited by WolfpackAW
Added information

Wow indeed - I got a completely different reply to my resubmission ticket when 4 of the 50 odd entries weren't added to my account. And I had a few other things to ask about titles...

'Kate' the agent dealing with both of my tickets was polite and very very helpful - she has now added each and every missing codex I have asked for. I now have 677/812 for my consular and am mainly missing H/M and N/M ops epic enemies entries.

Also she confirmed this:

"We are aware of the issue with the Contraband Collector title being incorrectly awarded, and this should indeed be the Combat Specimen title. This should be fixed the next time the Relics of the Gree event returns to Ilum and you should then be able to gain the correct title."

Here's hoping they do indeed sort out the codex in 2.0 to remove some entries we cannot get, apply entries we do have or are entitled to and make everyone happy

Just to update the original list:

Tython - Lore: Jedi Weapons

This lore entry appears to have been fixed for Jedi Knights. My guardian has it and I just started her shortly before Patch 1.7. How an older JK is to get this I dunno, but any new chars made will get this upon making their first lightsaber. :D

Still no entry for Darth Angral though :(

Also the Ord Mandell entry for Cathar is granted for Smuggler/Troopers when u talk to the Cathar thief who stole the medical supplies. I've gotten it on both my 'slinger and commando this way :)

Edited by Allysaala
forgot to add information

I have just noticed that all of my codex entries that i received during the gree event are now a blank dot at the relevent sections of the codex with a picture, but no actual text of any kindon the entry itself :( this appears to have happened as soon as the event was "switched off".

• 2 weeks later...
So following previous suggestions, I submitted another in-game request for codex entries to be granted. I got an email response:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issues with the Codex.

We are aware that there are issues with certain Codex entries not being granted when the player is eligible. Unfortunately, in this instance I am unable to grant the specific entries you have mentioned to your character.

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) responded to a question about the Codex in one of our Community Q&As. He stated: "The Codex will get a clean-up pass in the not-too-distant future, and at that time, we'll be either removing the entries that are no longer obtainable or re-enabling some of those removed entries if it makes sense to do so."

The full Q&A can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-july-13th-2012

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause. Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

WOW. Just WOW. They reference a 9-month old thread, with the quote "not-too-distant-future." No changes were made to my codex.

Interpretation is left to the reader.

/rant off

This disturbs me to no end. It's at the BOTTOM of their list right now, but with where the game is I understand why.

I think the codex is going to finally get the respect it deserves from BW soon.

Did anybody notice that the new 2.0 achievements don't work because the codex doesn't work in many cases?

It's gonna become a priority real quick when it scuttles that system. Who knows, maybe BW will let that one exist for a year broken as well.

I honestly don't think it's fixable, which is why it hasn't been fixed. To tired to explain that statement, maybe tomorrow :)

Please join my campaign to get the Codex fixed through social media. Tweet @swtor with #brokenswtorcodex. Let's see what happens :mon_biggrin:

#neverforget #brokenswtorcodex.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm if any of these entries are no longer bugged or missing?

I was excited to see a champion Sand Demon wandering about in the Rage Seed area of Tatooine, but it did not give a codex entry when defeated :(

Apparently because it's a Dread Seeded Sand Demon, it is NOT supposed to give you an entry.

Just though I'd add a few things not said yet.

According to Swtor-Spy, Markus Thul (Alderaan - Persons of Note) is a Trooper-only entry that is currently unobtainable. My Commando has 3 codex entries listed as obtainable, but I have only been able to find Captain Cormac.

There are four entries on Tython available for Jedi, marked as available to everyone, but unavailable to Troopers and Smugglers: Satele Shan (Persons of Note), Twi'lek Pilgrims (Organizations), and Zabrak and Flesh Raider (both Species). Terentatek (Beastiary) is the only one unavailable for anyone.

On Ord Mantell, Kel Dor and Mon Calamari (both species) are the only entries unavailable to anyone, everything else is obtainable by at least Troopers and Smugglers.

Also, I'm not sure if the Achievement: Epic Enemies section is working anymore, as I killed Darth Severin, Darth Malgus, Commander Lk'Graagth, and Doctor Lorrick in their respective Flashpoints but have not gotten the codex entries for them.