Were OPs intended to be this way?

My guild completed both Operations in 16man and 8/10 on hard mode in 8man on the first night of raiding . Is this really what the devs wanted their end-game to look like?

Am I right to think raiding might be a little bit too easy as it is now? I am not saying that my guild sucks and should not be downing bosses, but one shotting some of them without prior knowledge leaves a weird taste in my mouth, I don't know if I like it or not. I would like to hear from other raiders what is their take on this.

Edited by Cynistra

The short answer is, hard mode is easier than nightmare mode, and 8m is easier than 16m. If you want more difficulty, either up the # of people or up the difficulty setting (or both).

So one shotting bosses on both normal 16man and hard 8man seems perfectly normal the first time everyone in the group runs the operation? Just want to make it sure that we understand each other here. Maybe I am wrong, but I think the normal mode and hard mode are...free loot mode and easy mode as it is.

EDIT: Forgot about NMM - that should be called normal mode.

Edited by Cynistra

My guild completed both Operations in 16man and 8/10 on hard mode in 8man on the first night of raiding . Is this really what the devs wanted their end-game to look like?

Am I right to think raiding might be a little bit too easy as it is now? I am not saying that my guild sucks and should not be downing bosses, but one shotting some of them without prior knowledge leaves a weird taste in my mouth, I don't know if I like it or not. I would like to hear from other raiders what is their take on this.

Sounds like Dragon Soul : /

Sounds like Dragon Soul : /

DS is pretty sad also, but even DS took us longer to beat (2 nights on normal, granted mostly because we didn't care to clear it in one night, since you can't attempt HM until a week after), which is PRETTY sad for SWTOR...

You got to know that most of the serious guilds came to DS with heroic FL gear. Most of us were fresh 50s with a couple of green pieces still before attempting EV.

Edited by Cynistra