Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate beating a dead horse.....but this is much too vague. The only new information I really see here is about SGR, and that we'll finally see some things on Makeb. Otherwise, this is all the stuff we've seen before with no definite dates and only the roughest of details.

If you're going to be devoting resources to new warzones and open world PVP on Ilum, then please tell us what your plans are for class balance.

Good stuff, hope some bug fixes come with 1.7 too.

By the way, open world PvP wouldn't make any sense at all on this game. All WoW children should just drop the idea of "invading the Senate Tower", since both factions don't own the same planets and it took an entire fleet to distract Dromund Kaas' defenses so my Jedi Knight could land there. So yeah, please stick with PvP open areas and warzones and quit whinning already.

Yeah and SGRs make sense in SW universe?!?! Call me old fashioned and old, but I would rather see some good world PVP than my female powertech making out with Mako...

While I do agree this does not to be in the game, it is, unfortunately. So, just don't take the 'flirt' options with someone of your gender (I certainly won't), and it'll be fine. I would like an option to turn it off, but it won't happen. So we'll just have to live with it.

Sadly, the game's engine just can't handle it.

The engine is in much better shape compared to how it was back at launch. We have had some large PVP battles on our server and there were no framerate drop issues at all.

Seems some people can't get old ideas out of their head no matter how many improvements are made.

Just go out and try it, then you will see.

Really hope Ilum will work out for the better, there must be a reason for pvp there.

Also it is so sad that they cant talk about minigames and chat bubbles etc.

But it's really good that they are focusing on new raids.But plis no new daily areas.

Fix the bugs first and class balance.

Wow, I saw a lot of new ways to say "New" and "Soon" in there... but no definitive answers for anything. This is all stuff we've been told before in other posts. I just want something more concrete, not just vague hints... I love this game, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but I just want a little more information.

Also, and its a BIG ALSO... FIX THE BUGS.... What's the point of new content if there's bugs that don't let you play it properly. I would love for you guys to forgo a whole 6 week patch cycle just to fix bugs. Just clean up the amazing game you guys have here.

Funny thing is SGR is just enough to put the final nail in this games coffin. We have been fine without it, now I expect bad press and another reason for players to quit the game.

Why add something so controversial when you should be trying to get more players in the game?

Just another example of management prioritizing the wrong game elements when they should be looking into adding things into the game that make current players happy and wanting to keep subscribing.

I would rather see bugs being fixed (Companion light sabers still showing, crew skill missions being consumed if you already have the same one active, memory leaks, and a bunch more...) than getting new content or features.

But that is just my opinion.

I play MMO's for the "massive" world and artificial economies. I don't play to be forced into grouped combat. Certainly don't care about becoming -short lived- 'friends' with guildies. Just give us an economy where we can actually be a productive 'society' without having to make me do group content. Group content doesn't increase the fabric of our social responsibilties. I hate driving through daily traffic, twice a day, as it is! Plus, its not like wasting 15 minutes of my time fighting a pre-made group is doing my long term subscription any justice.

Once again Hickman ignores the question of future class story content.

"I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character."

That sentence makes no sense and can only be logically interpreted in one way -- no SGR companion romances. Which makes sense, because that would involve investing in voice actor talent and producing future class story content and we all kind of get that that won't be happening.

(Fine for me, my sub is already lapsed anyway... no class/companion story = no sub)

So erm, you missed you missed the sentence about new storylines and such for the new planet then?

we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones.

aka same warzones cloned forever

Sadly, the game's engine just can't handle it.

a well known fact since 2011 now confirmed for the naives, also from same reason you will never see warzones higher than 8 vs 8.

and for the guy who recently experienced 'large pvp battles', what was that 15 vs 15 perhaps ?

lmao. theres fdrops even around auction house with 10 ppl so try harder, put together around 50 vs 50 ppl with different setups, then come back to talk about 'large pvp battles'.

Edited by tzagheru

Funny thing is SGR is just enough to put the final nail in this games coffin. We have been fine without it, now I expect bad press and another reason for players to quit the game.

Why add something so controversial when you should be trying to get more players in the game?

Just another example of management prioritizing the wrong game elements when they should be looking into adding things into the game that make current players happy and wanting to keep subscribing.

This is nothing but a huge waste of time just to satisfy the fantasies of some people here. Unbelievable!

Like you said, BioWare is using their time for something that's not needed at all instead of working on things that should be fixed and added. There are so many other things that should be worked on far more important then this.

Wish they would get their priorities straight.

Edited by RikHar

So erm, you missed you missed the sentence about new storylines and such for the new planet then?

Gee, one generic Empire story and one generic Republic story with no new companion dialogue, no new companion quests, and no new class storyline quests. 5 whole levels of linear theme-park quests with not one bit of class story content, the one thing that makes this game interesting and unique....where do I sign up?

You guys seem to forget, that there are many players who DON'T want natural occuring world PVP... When im leveling my toon, I don't want to fight Republic gankers as well... That's what I like about this game... I can level in peace.

Don't know about Ilum, but I suppose I don't want to be disturbed while doing dailies either.

When I want to PVP, I go to WarZones, or special Open World PVP Zones... (I know there aren't any yet... I meant in WoW)

I hate beating a dead horse.....but this is much too vague. The only new information I really see here is about SGR, and that we'll finally see some things on Makeb. Otherwise, this is all the stuff we've seen before with no definite dates and only the roughest of details.

If you're going to be devoting resources to new warzones and open world PVP on Ilum, then please tell us what your plans are for class balance.

Typical of BioWare.

They never address the real important issues players want to know and / or are needed. Instead they refer to unimportant and trivial stuff or no importance.

So basically, the entrire "State of the Game" speech was only about SGR. Then they wonder why the game is in such disarray.

Edited by RikHar

Seriously, SGR is one of your top priorities? I think you need to check your priorties there are many other things that take precedence over something so ignorant.

1. Graphical inconsisancies - dead mobs standing up, kira/jeasa/ashara lightsabers not turning off or leaving a phantom blade behind.

2. Lack of single player endgame - For players who do not have time to spend hours grinding for this or that how about brining something to the game to help solo players? Mini-Skirmeshs sort of following the lotro type model that you can run solo.

3. Cross faction chat - having to use the /say command to talk to an imp player standing next to you is stupid. I know there would have to be some restriction on how this works but a better method of it would be appreciated.

4. Cross faction play - a jedi and sith working toward a common goal is not unheard of in the SW Universe.

5. More playable races - Nautolan, Kel-Dor, Voss, Togruta just to name a few.

6. Better Outfits - We need a hood up/down option, better more representitive outfits for sith and jedi alike some of the outfits in the game are just laughable. I am a little ticked I got to end game thinking my Jug was going to have some cool looking armour and it is for the mara not the jug, when it shows it on the jug in the video.

7. New Ships - We can buy speeders why not a newer/better ship?

All of thee above I would classify as more important then SGR.

Seriously, SGR is one of your top priorities? I think you need to check your priorties there are many other things that take precedence over something so ignorant.

1. Graphical inconsisancies - dead mobs standing up, kira/jeasa/ashara lightsabers not turning off or leaving a phantom blade behind.

2. Lack of single player endgame - For players who do not have time to spend hours grinding for this or that how about brining something to the game to help solo players? Mini-Skirmeshs sort of following the lotro type model that you can run solo.

3. Cross faction chat - having to use the /say command to talk to an imp player standing next to you is stupid. I know there would have to be some restriction on how this works but a better method of it would be appreciated.

4. Cross faction play - a jedi and sith working toward a common goal is not unheard of in the SW Universe.

6. Better Outfits - We need a hood up/down option, better more representitive outfits for sith and jedi alike some of the outfits in the game are just laughable. I am a little ticked I got to end game thinking my Jug was going to have some cool looking armour and it is for the mara not the jug, when it shows it on the jug in the video.

I have to agree with this 100%. I'd take any of these over an SGR.

I agree with this. All of these would take preference for me over SGR and would add more to the game than another PvP Warzone where I get to be ganked by people with PvP gear (which I can only get by PvPing, which I dont want to do because all that happens is I get ganked. )