Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

this right here is what you guys need to do. see this guy here took the nerf and then from there adjusted the way he plays AND STILL IS MAKING A PROFIT

You still make a profit ... BUT NOT ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY SLICING TAKING UP A CREW SLOT. To illustrate with 400 slicing if I send 3 companions on two rounds of missions per hour, I get 2-3k of credit from it. If I stand near a chest that respawns every 7 minutes, I get 5k credits per hour from it.

Edited by Repefe

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, but this nerf is going opposite way. Strongly freezing it, because with too nerfed slicing, people will simply drop it and sum of money will drop even more.

Im not saying it shouldnt be nerfed...Im saying that this version of slicing is useless. And will have conseqences.

Stop being reasonable! Can't you see we're having a flame war! :)

Back to seriousness, I can at least partially agree with you here. A nerf was clearly needed. If it went too far, though, then it should be re-adjusted. At this time, I don't believe it went too far, but I'm open to reasonable arguments to the contrary.

Edited by Obi_Ron

To everyone saying you are quitting... YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED. Believe it or not, EA/BW doesn't care about you or your money. they tried to reasonably please you, and you were unreasonable, it would be too costly for them to keep you. you tried to ruin SW and got tired, have fun going back to ruining WoW and rift

These quotes were quite frequent on the Star Wars Galaxies forums after the Combat Upgrade and NGE... just saying...

These quotes were quite frequent on the Star Wars Galaxies forums after the Combat Upgrade and NGE... just saying...

What the hell does that mean?

Are you honestly trying to say that this nerf was on par with the game breaking qualities of NGE?

Edited by VioletZero

What's most worrying, is Bioware's implementation. We all knew slicing was overpowered, but:

1) Bioware didn't run the simplest of number simulations on slicing before release to show how overpowered it was, despite plenty of beta data and feedback

2) When they found out, they didn't 'fix' the problem, they overcorrected, effectively removing slicing entirely as a skill by making the longterm balance = null

Players will always find ways to min/max in the game, but something so obvious being followed by something so knee-jerk and over-reactionary, doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

what's most worrying, is bioware's implementation. We all knew slicing was overpowered, but:

1) bioware didn't run the simplest of number simulations on slicing before release to show how overpowered it was, despite plenty of beta data and feedback

2) when they found out, they didn't 'fix' the problem, they overcorrected, effectively removing slicing entirely as a skill by making the longterm balance = null

players will always find ways to min/max in the game, but something so obvious being followed by something so knee-jerk and over-reactionary, doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

^^this^^