You whiners actually did it. (General Edikar)

Day after day I come here and have my jaw drop at the sight of "Nerf General Edikar" posts. This boss on whom I have never wiped on, nor have i even had a party member die on, is now being nerfed because he is too hard for the average player to handle.

What was nerfed? His enrage timer was removed. A 60k health boss with a THREE MINUTE enrage timer and people couldn't handle it.

60k people. At 30-35 as a shield spec vanguard I could practically do that much damage in 3 minutes by myself.

Why would I make this post if it doesn't effect me at all? I'm no elitist, I never did any WoW hardmode raids and I'm not rushing to clear operations first on my server.

I made this post because it truly saddens me.

It saddens me because a fairly easy boss with a couple mechanics to make it actually seem like a boss fight (such as the enrage timer) is too much for the average SWTOR player to handle. It saddens me that Bioware is WILLING to enable these players rather than telling them to suck it up and try harder.

So congratulations, those of you who roll your face on the keyboard and complain on the forums when a boss won't die fast enough. You win.

Edited by Duradel

I lol'ed. I admit I never even noticed he enraged, he was that easy. If he did, he didnt live long enough to do much damage.

But I guess the saying goes, it was a bug having him enrage in normal mode so thats the reasoning behind the fix.

Day after day I come here and have my jaw drop at the sight of "Nerf General Edikar" posts. This boss on whom I have never wiped on, nor have i even had a party member die on, is now being nerfed because he is too hard for the average player to handle.

What was nerfed? His enrage timer was removed. A 60k health boss with a THREE MINUTE enrage timer and people couldn't handle it.

60k people. At 30-35 as a shield spec vanguard I could practically do that much damage in 3 minutes by myself.

Why would I make this post if it doesn't effect me at all? I'm no elitist, I never did any WoW hardmode raids and I'm not rushing to clear operations first on my server.

It saddens me because a fairly easy boss with a couple mechanics to make it actually seem like a boss fight (such as the enrage timer) is too much for the average SWTOR player to handle. It saddens me that Bioware is WILLING to enable these players rather than telling them to suck it up and try harder.

So congratulations, those of you who roll your face on the keyboard and complain on the forums when a boss won't die fast enough. You win.

Unfortunately it's G-damn inevitable for devs to listen to whiny little cockroaches and nerf things that were easy in the first place. Even Bioware is going to do it. It sucks, but it's a fact.

To be honest, I don't plan on enjoying this game for more than a year. At that point there will be so many nerfs this will just be another care bear game for low intelligence gamers who are too weak to handle a simple boss fight.

Unfortunately it's G-damn inevitable for devs to listen to whiny little cockroaches and nerf things that were easy in the first place. Even Bioware is going to do it. It sucks, but it's a fact.

To be honest, I don't plan on enjoying this game for more than a year. At that point there will be so many nerfs this will just be another care bear game for low intelligence gamers who are too weak to handle a simple boss fight.

Did you just call a bunch of people cockroaches because a totally non-factor boss was made a bit easier for the more inept players?

Sir, you need to calm down and go outside.

Or it COULD have been just an unintended bug, possibly even tied into the bug with hardmode loot, just like the patch notes mentioned.

Y'know.

Just a thought.

Exactly... I bet all you "he's so easy" people will be crying when they fix the bug allowing him to be pulled out of the room.

Exactly... I bet all you "he's so easy" people will be crying when they fix the bug allowing him to be pulled out of the room.

Because the two turrets with 2k health made a difference. Yea right.

Whether it was intended for normal mode or not, it should have been a NON FACTOR for any group with DPS who had half a clue what they were doing. Things like these should be tests for players to show them "Hey, you suck. Step the **** up." instead of "Oh god terrible players can't clear it, nerf it immediately!"

LOL I'm not sure if I should feed the trolls or not. In case you aren't trolls, your arguments make no sense.

If he was so easy that you never noticed the enrage timer, what difference does it make if it's gone?

Let me get this straight...

You got so mad about Bioware nerfing a boss fight for people level 32-36 that you decided to rant about it on the forum? Look, it's not a level 50 boss, he doesn't drop the phatest loot ever. This is going to make the game less of a headache for casual players. No one is going to get a leg up on you by killing normal Edikar. If you want to worry about them handing out gear, do it on the lvl 50 bosses where it makes a competitive difference.

Stop complaining and l2l, you see, the whiners had way more real life dps on the devs than you, so they win, you lose.

As always you have two options, well three. Live with it. Leave the game for it. Make a post and then forget about it, since... well, it is some level 30-35 stuff nobody really cares about anyway.

Let me get this straight...

You got so mad about Bioware nerfing a boss fight for people level 32-36 that you decided to rant about it on the forum? Look, it's not a level 50 boss, he doesn't drop the phatest loot ever. This is going to make the game less of a headache for casual players. No one is going to get a leg up on you by killing normal Edikar. If you want to worry about them handing out gear, do it on the lvl 50 bosses where it makes a competitive difference.

This is the problem with MMOs. Casual players, you want good **** you dedicate yourself to getting that good **** and learning the fights - not have your arse wiped for you.

Pretty sad... This doesn't affect you in one single way and you're mad about a bug fix? As people said, patch notes even said so. BUG fix, not nerf. Never was intended to enrage and most people probably never noticed he could. Even if it WAS a nerf, what makes you so high and mighty to decide what is fair for a LEVELING FP that is mid range? Calm down, get a drink, and try to enjoy something. Anything!