2.0 Skill trees

Krayshawn

Thanks. I hadn't seen this yet. Looks like I'm going to have to go all madness, or all lightning, as they've pushed Electric Bindings WAAAAAY up the lightning tree...Unless they've given sorcs a root elsewhere. I reallly appreciate the useless talents I have to pick up to move up the trees now, too. Also, is polarity shift something we won't have to spec into anymore? I thought that was a lightning tree ability...

On second thought, it might be time to run to the sorc section of the forum. :rak_02:

I hear that Crist. Been debating a hybrid build for huttball only that involves switching to shien just before a leap, push, leap. But overall I like the look of the tank tree for Pvp. Was dueling earlier and felt like my output was much more significant as a tank, plus there's all kinds of little goodies for survivability the further you go in the tree. Now I just want to see what it can do with appropriate gear.

Losing instant force lift on Shadows is a bummer. Oh well Phase Walk FTW.

Hobi

Same for sorcs/sages. Although, we don't get the cool phase walk... :(

My op healer's happy though; don't have to spec into slip away for the speed bonus. Now we get to use it with shiv. So, that's pretty cool. And, the new talents in the op healing tree don't suck.

Oh, and bigger bonus: Alacrity should actually be useful now! Yay!

I hear that Crist. Been debating a hybrid build for huttball only that involves switching to shien just before a leap, push, leap. But overall I like the look of the tank tree for Pvp. Was dueling earlier and felt like my output was much more significant as a tank, plus there's all kinds of little goodies for survivability the further you go in the tree. Now I just want to see what it can do with appropriate gear.

I too was bummed out about the nerf top unremitting, being a 29/12. But that being said, then revised immortal tree looks very promising, they seem to have combined a lot of talents and added newer, more interesting ones. What is your take on the full tree?

Pretty sure i could come up with something hybridish when its live, but a mixture of tank/dps gear with defense tree spec and flirting with the other trees will probably be the guardian's ideal pvp spec opposed to the dps branding.

like ~70% tank gear ~30% crit surge dps stuff.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/guardian/225/?build=021222120012120222122100023000100320002100000000000000000000000000200000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

The guardian strike AOE knockdown...thats interesting if it translates to pvp.

focus just seems like they have too little to work with, vigilance will depend on how much the dots are boosted by gear and whether they can be neutralized with basic healers.

Edited by CristChiLu

This was what I was thinking for a build. Picks up what are (imo) the best new goodies in the tanking tree and the survivability should be unparalleled. Master Strike talent isn't necessary for a tank, and I miss momentum, but there's no way to get it anyway since it requires Shii-Cho. Expeditious Protector is a garbage talent, can't see it being helpful.

Depending on how things turn out, I'd be willing to move the 2 points from Guard and Thrust either to Accuracy, Improved Sundering Strike, or Swelling Winds. I'm thinking the Accuracy talent would probably be the best option, would allow to stack more defensive stats onto the gear since Absorb and Shield will finally be viable.

It all depends on how the gear ratings shape up, just have to wait and see.

not only is shadow losing instant force lift but sage is as well, which kinda sucks for those oh noes moments, and i was watching a person stream a full vigilance guardian spec and he seemed to be doing good, so id imagine itll be nice, preparation at the top looks like an awesome skill to have

This was what I was thinking for a build. Picks up what are (imo) the best new goodies in the tanking tree and the survivability should be unparalleled. Master Strike talent isn't necessary for a tank, and I miss momentum, but there's no way to get it anyway since it requires Shii-Cho. Expeditious Protector is a garbage talent, can't see it being helpful.

Depending on how things turn out, I'd be willing to move the 2 points from Guard and Thrust either to Accuracy, Improved Sundering Strike, or Swelling Winds. I'm thinking the Accuracy talent would probably be the best option, would allow to stack more defensive stats onto the gear since Absorb and Shield will finally be viable.

Since I haven't had chance to test this stuff and I know you use similar gear, but is the current high HP and def rating stuff in use now thrown away in favour of shield/absorb gear?

Although looking at the trees it seems like it would suit a shien build for huttball.

Edited by JohraTon

What do you think about the increased movement speed while guarding, is it a total waste? Guard and thrust might be cool, idk what would be the main use of it...

I don't understand why Bioware hates hybrid specs so much...and my smasher is only level 21...can anyone say if 2.0 will make smashers meh?

Smashers do more damage, they nerf the talents for it but buff the base damage and make smashing boost our other abilities damage, vicious slash also becomes a viable ability to use often as it got a nice buff.

I don't understand why Bioware hates hybrid specs so much...and my smasher is only level 21...can anyone say if 2.0 will make smashers meh?

We will need actualt testing to show if its true, but smasher potentialy have alot more sustained damage, on top of this, Shockwave still gives 100%, just over 3 stacks instead of 4, also force choke no longer grants stacks. But, this 3 stack method is potentially more powerful. A smasher will potentialy get all of their stacks (3) from a force crush before a good healer has time to react.

There is now new utility, for instance, obliterate can be used while immobilized, it can also cause an AoE snare. As xamot said, there is now the 9% buff to damage after smash, Slash now can cause extra force damage, Dark Resonance on live 1, causes 30%crit dmg bonus to FORCE, Now it has been reduced to 15% but it effects ALL SCOURCES OF DAMAGE. This could be huge for sustained damage. It will be interesting to see.

Edited by Krayshawn

If range on guard was 30m it would be worth it. I think its 15m?

The thing is, I can be guarding some one even if they are far way, I just wouldnt be taking their damage, If the effect applies, it could be usful in Huttball, or if a team is seperating you from your healer well.

Personally I like the idea of a movement speed increase. If someone pushes you out of guard range and intercede is on CD then a speed boost to get back to your guard is going to help.

I think I ended up with something like 37/7/2 when I had a play with the skill trees

The thing is, I can be guarding some one even if they are far way, I just wouldnt be taking their damage, If the effect applies, it could be usful in Huttball, or if a team is seperating you from your healer well.

I'd assume if your out of range the speed proc because of damage affected it wouldn't kick it...or maybe it would like the armor set bonuses.

I'd assume if your out of range the speed proc because of damage affected it wouldn't kick it...or maybe it would like the armor set bonuses.

Exactly it is very vague, "When your guarded target is attacked, your movement speed is increased by 30% for 6 seconds."

I just don't see it (Expeditious Protector) having much use. It's two points that could be used elsewhere. %30 movement speed isn't that amazing of a movement speed increase, and if you're CC'd in any fashion it's totally wasted talents. One thing I am glad about, the Vigi tank build and people who spec that way claiming its actually a tank build will be gone.

Also my mixed feelings about Guard and Thrust are related to this. Riposte is great, can't miss, now has a bonus crit talent, hits like a truck in the current build, and increases my defense. With Saber Ward up, it'll constantly be in use, so why not reduce its CD by a further 3 seconds? Because that talent will only be effective when Saber Ward is up. I'd rather have a static bonus elsewhere if you catch my drift, I'm not a fan of situational talents, I like to have full effect of all my talents. If putting points in Accuracy allows me to work accuracy out of my gear so I can stack more defensive stats, I'll end up stick with that.

@Rhigus, yeah, it doesn't take much to put a build together for the sole purpose of Huttball, but I also can see a skilled team stunning you when switching to squishy mode and pushing your **** in. Have to see what happens.

If anyone was curious Sages still get instant force lift, you just have to play the better than balance, hybrid.

i thought at least from the pts talent calculator that the balance side only say 0.50 seconds off, and that the telek side was the same for a 1 second total reduction, but i cant transfer my sage over to test it and on my shadow the balance side is listed as 0.60 reduction and not 0.50, so im not sure now, but if sages still get instant lift then thats gonna nice i guess

i was using the pts talent calcy to figure out a spec, i came up with http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-sage/224/?build=230000010000000000000000000000000323020002120212000200000000000003020122013120010000000000000000&ver=20 but i dunno how itll play out, seems good on paper

Edited by JowyyKazza