Stop whining about huttball.

Smashbrother

Well this weeks Q&A pretty much ends the issue of whether a ball carrier should be allowed to leap/pulled. The devs have confirmed it is intended and that it's not going to change. It also ends the myth that the team with more force users usually wins.

"Gidoru: Currently in Huttball, certain classes have huge advantages, to the point where, without them, you have a considerably lesser chance of winning. The classes I speak of are namely Sages, Guardians, and their Imperial counterparts that are able to leap and pull across the map granting great mobility. Any chance of changes that prevent the ball carrier from using abilities like leap or being pulled?

Gabe Amatangelo (PvP & Endgame Designer): It is something we considered early in development of the map. However, we aimed to ensure every class had a role as opposed to effectively turning classes off when they carry the ball. Granted, some of those roles are not as obvious or have a steeper learning curve than simply getting the ball over the line (i.e. controlling the middle, cover defense, controlling hazard lines, etc.). The team composition win ratios suggest those roles are playing out for the most part. For example, teams with all Sages and Guardians do not even appear in the top 100 win ratios and the composition with the highest win ratios include a fairly even distribution of Advanced Classes. That, of course, is not an absolute conclusion, especially considering full team compositions rely on matchmaking. We’ll pay close attention to the variance in composition win ratio considering rating when full team queuing is enabled."

TLDR: We can't all be the superstar quarterback/runningback. Learn your role and learn to play it.

Edited by Smashbrother

TLDR: We can't all be the superstar quarterback/runningback. Learn your role and learn to play it.

My sentiments exactly. This forum is filled with whiners that need to learn their roll and stop trying to be the star quarterback.

I play a Jedi Shadow, you don't see me trying to get the ball, my role is to kill the things that either heal or guard healers. If I do get the ball it's called looking for a passing position.

A win with the team > John Rambo style

However, we aimed to ensure every class had a role as opposed to effectively turning classes off when they carry the ball.

What exactly would that be for a Scoundrel?

Edited by Parali
avoiding language filter

Controlling mid and the upper ramps on the opponent's side using the superior mobility stealth gives you. Essentially controlling the flow of traffic and keeping people preoccupied or locking down tanks and healers.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

I think as soon as more teams figure out where to set up shop as sorcerers or marauders the issue will be more apparent.

A well placed team can cover too much ground. As long as the marauders are holding middle enough to grab the ball thats all that really matters. The rest is just team pulls and team leaps.

I think as soon as more teams figure out where to set up shop as sorcerers or marauders the issue will be more apparent.

A well placed team can cover too much ground. As long as the marauders are holding middle enough to grab the ball thats all that really matters. The rest is just team pulls and team leaps.

Agreed, now if they can just up the medal system to offer objective points for holding the middle, maybe people will do so.

As a DPS Scoundrel/Operative, you're relegated to being screwing in Huttball. If you try to use stealth to set up scores and then make a video of it, you get chastised for only using 50% of your character. But, if all you do is kill people on the ramparts and those with little health, you're a no talent hack that doesn't contribute anything to the team. Good teams with love you, opponents will fear you (if you're good), and the forum whiners will ***** about stuff.

Asking what you're to do in Huttball as a Scoundrel/Op is like asking what you're supposed to do in Voidstar whn you can't get to the door due to AoE and all you're able to do is skirt the fringes. We suck it up and move on.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

Im glad the Dev's are happy with HB. Now if they can make a option to allow the players that hate it to never enter it again they will have found the perfect pvp fix everyone can live with. And no just leaveing is not valid option on some of the low pop servers as haveing to reset your que time after waiting 10 to 20 mins for a game can be really annoying.

I play a Jedi Shadow, you don't see me trying to get the ball, my role is to kill the things that either heal or guard healers. If I do get the ball it's called looking for a passing position.

shadows/assassins can be great ball carriers. not as jumpy as the jugs, but very speedy and able to get attackers off their own back once on the ramps.

better as receivers, waiting in stealth past the first fire, then speeding over the second fire with defensive cooldowns active.

if specced into the tank tree the force pull is a game winner for huttball.

many times i've pulled an enemy ball carrier who was mere feet from scoring into the fire, then ran the ball almost the entire length of the field before the other team even realised what just happened.

you know that take cover thing you do? sometimes with those shield thingies? well, juggernaughts cant use you as a target to jump to when your in cover. with some of your shields, sages cant pull/push you off the ramps. you're the ONLY class that can be immune to warrior/knight jumping!

what the hutt do you think you should be doing? seems pretty clear to me where you should be doing it from.

Edited by Parali

shadows/assassins can be great ball carriers. not as jumpy as the jugs, but very speedy and able to get attackers off their own back once on the ramps.

better as receivers, waiting in stealth past the first fire, then speeding over the second fire with defensive cooldowns active.

if specced into the tank tree the force pull is a game winner for huttball.

many times i've pulled an enemy ball carrier who was mere feet from scoring into the fire, then ran the ball almost the entire length of the field before the other team even realised what just happened.

you know that take cover thing you do? sometimes with those shield thingies? well, juggernaughts cant use you as a target to jump to when your in cover. with some of your shields, sages cant pull/push you off the ramps. you're the ONLY class that can be immune to warrior/knight jumping!

what the hutt do you think you should be doing? seems pretty clear to me where you should be doing it from.

Not sure what server your playing on that you see scoundrels in cover all the time instead of stealth. Maybe you meant gunslingers big diffrence between the two advanced classes. Good sign its a gunslinger and not a scoundrel is he will be toteing 2 guns not 1 dead give away. Well that and he stays visble the whole match.

Not sure what server your playing on that you see scoundrels in cover all the time instead of stealth. Maybe you meant gunslingers big diffrence between the two advanced classes. Good sign its a gunslinger and not a scoundrel is he will be toteing 2 guns not 1 dead give away. Well that and he stays visble the whole match.

who looks at the guns when they're wearing such cool hats?

People just like to whine, but Elder Scroll Online's PVP is going to be better IMHO.

that depends on Elder Scroll Online style if they are following WOW style in order to complete wow = fail.

But then again if they use Skyrim progression levling is going to be awesome. One you can anything you want. Two there is absolutely no reason to QQ about what class is OP becuz if pump you characters skills wrongly and have been lvling you weapons wrongly its you own damn for fault becuz there is no such thing as class.

but it would be hard for them make a MMO out of it.

Controlling mid and the upper ramps on the opponent's side using the superior mobility stealth gives you. Essentially controlling the flow of traffic and keeping people preoccupied or locking down tanks and healers.

Sadly this is true.

The role of the Sentinel/Marauder in this case is to get up to the scaffolding and kill the Snipers/Gunslingers to prevent them from doing this. That is my role in Huttball anyway. My secondary role is to ensure that the ball carrier is perma-snared and as close to perma-rooted as is possible while keeping them in trauma as much as possible to limit the healing they can receive.

When we premade we also have a Trooper who's sole job is to watch for, expose, and kill Tankassins in our endzone.

Im glad the Dev's are happy with HB. Now if they can make a option to allow the players that hate it to never enter it again they will have found the perfect pvp fix everyone can live with. And no just leaveing is not valid option on some of the low pop servers as haveing to reset your que time after waiting 10 to 20 mins for a game can be really annoying.

on the flip side of this comment, giving the players that love it the ability to ONLY que for it.. :D

Edited by crustie

funny how they completely based their conclusion on a flawed metric while they themselves know that it's flawed.

read: random queue matchmaking.

we all know the devs played force users anyway.

Edited by Wesgile

My sentiments exactly. This forum is filled with whiners that need to learn their roll and stop trying to be the star quarterback.

A win with the team > John Rambo style

Well said.

funny how they completely based their conclusion on a flawed metric while they themselves know that it's flawed.

read: random queue matchmaking.

we all know the devs played force users anyway.

And do you have a better metric to that shows the devs are wrong? No you don't. I have been in huttball games where my team was a bunch of sorcs/guardians, while the other was more balanced. We got rocked. Sages/guardians are not great at controlling mid or playing defensive.