I think that Disney owes the fans an explanation...

TheBBP

I agree with most of what you're saying about the animation division and LucasArts being a dead horse that Disney just decided to stop beating.

However, Disney does in fact, owe you something. Not if you're a fan, but if you're a... stockholder. Now's a fine time to purchase stock in Disney, gentlemen, before Ep. VII drives the price through the roof. Even the Prequel Trilogy, which was torn apart by critics and upset fans alike, still made a killing at the box office.

Plus, if you own stock in Disney, you are a shareholder in the company. Then when you write Bob Iger and say, "Save TCW! Don't make a Yoda film, it'll be super retarded!" You won't just be a crazy fan that they have to consider, "Is this guy a wild loner, or does he represent the average Star Wars fan?" you'll be a shareholder who can say, "As a stockholder, I am concerned for my stake in your company due to your recent treatment of certain parts of the Star Wars IP, namely the animation department of LucasFilm. Blah blah blah, I think you should continue production of the animation series that has received <critical acclaim X, critical acclaim Y, etc.> not only because of it's popularity among fans of the Star Wars series, but because of the valuable intellectual property it would continue to produce for Disney."

I can't disagree with stockholders but the thread was about owing the fans without saying if they hold stock.

The entire animation department was not dismantled, but it saw many layoffs and also saw the rest of The Clone Wars boiled down to 2 story arcs.

That medium did not really grow on me until season 1.5. It took off like a rocket in 2.0 and ever since I have wanted them to explore other eras in this animation style. I do hope that you are right about stories leading to Episode 7.

Edited by TheBBP

i have faith in disney because if you dont know disney took may companies and franchises that where downhill and made them huge again.marvel havent done **** before disney took over and made those multi BILLION dollar movies.They know what most fans want i think that they will make good movies for all ppl.My probem is a pegi 12 movie that would be **** :@.

I am pretty sure that most of us have faith in Disney brother.

I can't disagree with stockholders but the thread was about owing the fans without saying if they hold stock.

And I'm saying that if you're a really dedicated fan, buy stock. It'll give you more of a platform to speak from when you voice your opinions. If the same people who love Star Wars enough to make a financial commitment to the franchise are also calling for something (say, the continuation of TCW) then Disney will take note because those are the same people who are not just going to watch the movies once or twice, but will purchase the games, books, and other content that they produce.