Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposted from old topic with more detail (not that anyone cares, I just need to vent):

My original pre-order code was entered at ~4am EST on July 22nd. I should be playing right now.

However a glitch somewhere on your end deactivated the code and support wasn't able to reactivate it, they just passed the blame off to Amazon. Which is funny because I believe I saw a tweet from SR that Amazon has no access to the database. So anyways, I had to create a new account and enter a new pre-order code, which I did on July 29th.

Long story short, I've lost 5 hours of early access and counting, and judging by the waves so far it could stretch through tomorrow.

Edited by Asgorath_

I still dont get why only 4 waves. can someone tell me how that makes sense? 6 8 or 10 hours after launch there wont be 1 person in the newb zones, and I hear that the west coast servers are mostly low population. No excuse or legitimate reason for only 4 waves today.

Its to the point that I think its all just for hype now. A powerplay for new customers at the expense of those they know will play regardless :(

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.
Someone go and flame game.co.uk for me - I bought it the first 20 minutes it was available but the key came after a week :mad:

Can I ask if everyone who preordered is guaranteed 5 days of early access?

When we made our preorder, we had 5 days early access guaranteed, but this invite wave rollout seems to suggest otherwise.

Don't want another PS3 BF3 preorder of BF1943 incident where preorder items were not honored until people started suing.

Early Game Access was supposed to be 5 days early

They made it 7 days early as a treat, not a requirement

suck it up and wait

To everyone whining about "WAAAAAAAAAH I ORDERED MY 57 MINUTES BEFORE MY FRIEND AND HE'S IN AND I'M NOT"

Just stop. Suck it up. Nobody was even supposed to be in yet.

To everyone saying "BIOWARE SUCKS, THIS IS CRAP, IM CANCELLING, I WANT MY MONEY BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Shut up. No you're not. No they don't. Nobody was even supposed to be in yet.

Bottom line

Everyone just calm down. Its a massive game, you're not a part of the DEV team trying to make it ACTUALLY WORK FOR ALL YOU WHINY PEOPLE.

Cut them some slack. Watch a movie or something.

wonderfully put