Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Rayla_Felana

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really do not get the point of how WE compare canonical abilities do you? how hard is this to get? you take the purely canonical powers and abilities and match them to the powers and abilities that other characters have and then through those canonical abilities determine the winner, do you understand yet or... ? because they have entire youtube channels like yarealpoof and jensarai who do exactly this, it's like a game with certain rules, we are playing that game, this is how it works, do I need to explain this further or?

I understand how the game works. My problem is, as others have identified, the tone in which these things are said. This game is necessarily speculative. What you are doing is putting forward an opinion based on what we know of the characters and their abilities. What bothers me is when someone puts forward their opinion as fact and then insults anyone who disagrees with it. You are welcome to say you think Exar Kun or Darth Sion or whoever would beat Revan, and here is why. But recognize that this is necessarily an opinion statement, not canon. If someone thinks Revan is one spot ahead of Darth Sion and one spot below Exar Kun on their list, that doesn't make them a mouth-breathing caveman.

I honestly don't care what your conclusions are. If you'll notice, I've said before I wouldn't put Revan on any of these Top 10 lists. The post-ROTJ characters are too overpowered, and we have too many planet-killing nigh invincible Sith because they make good characters and you need a seemingly unbeatable bad guy for the story to seem epic.

It's not the conclusion that bothers me. It's the arrogance.

It is still cool and a definite sign of transcendetal intellect to say that Revan is less powerful than everyone thinks he is. The further down a list one can place Revan, and the more speculative statements about how much Revan just sucks one can construct, the cooler and more of a *********** genius one is.

That is why we have this competition.

Revan is a messed-up weakling who would wet himself if anybody uttered the words "Force lightning!"!

Which place did I come in on?

Edited by Andge

It is still cool and a definite sign of transcendetal intellect to say that Revan is less powerful than everyone thinks he is. The further down a list one can place Revan, and the more speculative statements about how much Revan just sucks one can construct, the cooler and more of a *********** genius one is.

Revan is a messed-up weakling who would wet himself if anybody uttered the words "Force lightning!"!

Whatever. Either you truly think that Revan is that bad for some reason, or you want to start another heated debate.

First, for nice use of satire. At least, given how effectively Revan has countered Force lightning in the past, I hope it was satire.

Well you just said what Anti Revan people want us all to believe , I believe you touched every Anti Revan to their very Soul . I am sure a tear rolled down the OP's eye as the OP read this ! Good Show my man ,Good show !

Let me add more to this ,

Revan didn't Cut off Malek's Jaw , really what happen is Malek was shaving with his lightsaber ! Saddly not enough toilet Papper for that Cut so he removed his Jaw .

Revan didn't beat the Mando's , they were sleepying and decided to go home !

Really when Revan killed that SithLord with her own lightning , it was really just suicide . She knew Revan would redirect it back at her . She was depressed and their is no Depression call in centers for the Sith .

Revan's lightsaber skills didn't exist , he really wielded a stick with one end painted .

Keira was really the Special Ed Jedi Master ..............Poor Revan was in the Yellow Short Bus Classes !

Whatever. Either you truly think that Revan is that bad for some reason, or you want to start another heated debate.

Sarcasim , at this point this is all you can do in this thread !

In the Army , they teach you that your enemies are likely more than you would think them to be . That you should always go in thinking that if it can happen it will . I think Malek learned two times that he was wrong in thinking Revan was weak. Those fights according to the Anti Revan Bunch must have been bad days for Malek and if those were good days he would have won right ?

But in this thread , lack of knowing leads to thinking that a person like Revan is a Character of nothing and those who do not like him or his fan base should think Revan is a Lesser Jedi to even those who followed him .

Edited by mefit

But apparently said method is useless when comparing Revan to someone. Apparently we don't "know" enough. Even though we know plenty enough to make a comparison.

Have you ever had a fight with someone in competition?

Someone you did not know ?

Did you just assume that because you know your skills and abilities , that you did not need to know the other persons because your own were good enough for the fight ahead ?

You assume too much , Aurbere I figured you did not like Revan but you really are being Biased in these threads .

Not even Leland Chee is addressing/assuming/ or comparing Revan to anyone , so if hes the head of knowing and you are a fan ...................................

SW KotoR is now almost 10years old , and after 10 years no one with any authority has released or stated anything on the lines you or any of you Revan Bashing friends .

You are making comparisons that is far worse than a blind taste test , which in this case your only tasting vinilla icecream to another vinilla IceCream but one might be with chocolate chips or cookies , but the maker decided to keep that part secret for what might seem 10more fricken years .

In this you come off just as bad as those who are the extreme of Revan's Fanbase and are no better .

Well you just said what Anti Revan people want us all to believe , I believe you touched every Anti Revan to their very Soul . I am sure a tear rolled down the OP's eye as the OP read this ! Good Show my man ,Good show !

Let me add more to this ,

Revan didn't Cut off Malek's Jaw , really what happen is Malek was shaving with his lightsaber ! Saddly not enough toilet Papper for that Cut so he removed his Jaw .

Revan didn't beat the Mando's , they were sleepying and decided to go home !

Really when Revan killed that SithLord with her own lightning , it was really just suicide . She knew Revan would redirect it back at her . She was depressed and their is no Depression call in centers for the Sith .

Revan's lightsaber skills didn't exist , he really wielded a stick with one end painted .

Keira was really the Special Ed Jedi Master ..............Poor Revan was in the Yellow Short Bus Classes !

Sarcasim , at this point this is all you can do in this thread !

In the Army , they teach you that your enemies are likely more than you would think them to be . That you should always go in thinking that if it can happen it will . I think Malek learned two times that he was wrong in thinking Revan was weak. Those fights according to the Anti Revan Bunch must have been bad days for Malek and if those were good days he would have won right ?

But in this thread , lack of knowing leads to thinking that a person like Revan is a Character of nothing and those who do not like him or his fan base should think Revan is a Lesser Jedi to even those who followed him .

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we've made some excellent points and have exposed the faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.

What really gets on my nerves is how the haters (maybe not haters - we'll call them underraters) try to justify underrating Revan because "he's blown out of proportion" or "everyone thinks he's all we're saying is that he's not." There a TON more people who underrate Revan then those who would overrate him. I haven't seen anyone on these threads (recently) say anything like "Revan is the best! He could beat Luke!" Nobody is saying that.

Revan argument in a nutshell:

Anti-Revanites think the argument is: Revan IS a god vs. Revan is NOT a god

But this is the actual argument: Revan IS powerful vs Revan is OK

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we've made some excellent points and have exposed the faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.

What really gets on my nerves is how the haters (maybe not haters - we'll call them underraters) try to justify underrating Revan because "he's blown out of proportion" or "everyone thinks he's all we're saying is that he's not." There a TON more people who underrate Revan then those who would overrate him. I haven't seen anyone on these threads (recently) say anything like "Revan is the best! He could beat Luke!" Nobody is saying that.

I do not think we lost , after all a few like yourself have been strongly loyal to the character . I think not all of them HATE REVAN but there is people on here that do seemingly HATE Revan , just like they HATE Drew for making him .

Those same people have no issues with Writers who build their characters into EU Gods who seemingly cannot die till one day a Woman or LA top head says " you know what Luke needs to lose his wife" , and then they RAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEE on the forums because they suddenly have their Jedi God made Mortal .

You see its ok when its their characters made immortal gods , they see no issue with it . Being Revan had a surge of Fans because of KotoR , they were all like LOVE MY CHARACTER OMG !!!!!

Revan is a Mortal Character , he is gifted with being a great warrior , but is not a GOD and is able to die , make mistakes , and have weaknesses . Hes unknown because LA feels hes better being a unknown even though by his lore we should be able to see:

*He has mastered some form of Lightsaber Style(Atleast one but possibly two as most Jedi do have more than 1)

*He has mastered abilities that both Dark and Light used(Not mastered Light and Dark or whatever)

*He was smarter than most of his day and craved knowledge ............ not of all time

*He used both Combat skills and Force Abilities in fights

Wookiepidia has a list of powers and skills but unlike the Anti Revanites and the Revanites I would rather not assume anything or any of those are right , and just wait for the answers to come from LA/LF.

Just like the Anti Revanites , I will not back down and as long as you and others choose to post in this , I will be there with you ! Know you are not alone in this !

Revan is not my Favorite but he still holds a special place in my heart after all , I still play KotoR and KotoRII and love them both Equally , like my love for Revan and the Exile Meetra Surik !

By the way , I still believe there was a Romance involved in Revan and Meetra's back Lore .

Edited by mefit

I do not think we lost , after all a few like yourself have been strongly loyal to the character . I think not all of them HATE REVAN but there is people on here that do seemingly HATE Revan , just like they HATE Drew for making him .

Those same people have no issues with Writers who build their characters into EU Gods who seemingly cannot die till one day a Woman or LA top head says " you know what Luke needs to lose his wife" , and then they RAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEE on the forums because they suddenly have their Jedi God made Mortal .

You see its ok when its their characters made immortal gods , they see no issue with it . Being Revan had a surge of Fans because of KotoR , they were all like LOVE MY CHARACTER OMG !!!!!

Revan is a Mortal Character , he is gifted with being a great warrior , but is not a GOD and is able to die , make mistakes , and have weaknesses . Hes unknown because LA feels hes better being a unknown even though by his lore we should be able to see:

*He has mastered some form of Lightsaber Style(Atleast one but possibly two as most Jedi do have more than 1)

*He has mastered abilities that both Dark and Light used(Not mastered Light and Dark or whatever)

*He was smarter than most of his day and craved knowledge ............ not of all time

*He used both Combat skills and Force Abilities in fights

Wookiepidia has a list of powers and skills but unlike the Anti Revanites and the Revanites I would rather not assume anything or any of those are right , and just wait for the answers to come from LA/LF.

Just like the Anti Revanites , I will not back down and as long as you and others choose to post in this , I will be there with you ! Know you are not alone in this !

Revan is not my Favorite but he still holds a special place in my heart after all , I still play KotoR and KotoRII and love them both Equally , like my love for Revan and the Exile Meetra Surik !

By the way , I still believe there was a Romance involved in Revan and Meetra's back Lore .

Preach it!!

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who don't know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we have not made some excellent points and have failed to expose the so-called faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.

Fixed that for you. :D

hmmm. Interesting.

" we (The guys who know who Revan actually is)".

This statement, degrades any respect for you. Because you are implying that you know more about the character than us because your a fan of him. Yet we have all read the novels and played the games.

Edited by BrandonSM

hmmm. Interesting.

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who don't know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we have not made some excellent points and have failed to expose the so-called faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan.

Fixed that for you. :D

Changing peoples post to demean them is where things go from Debat to petty , sad to see Aurbere now going down this road , not that it matters but at this point I lost respect for you or your threads .

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe

hmmm. Interesting.

However, you paint a picture that seems to imply that we (the guys who don't know who Revan actually is) have lost to the haters. I feel like (in the recent threads) that we have not made some excellent points and have failed to expose the so-called faulty logic of those who who underrate Revan. [/color]

Changing peoples post to demean them is where things go from Debat to petty , sad to see Aurbere now going down this road , not that it matters but at this point I lost respect for you or your threads .

Somebody can't take a joke...

This statement, degrades any respect for you. Because you are implying that you know more about the character than us because your a fan of him. Yet we have all read the novels and played the games.

You (The guys who attack post by anyone who would not agree who Revan actually is being their is no Canon to where is his abilities or skils are at) seem to think you know more than Leland Chee even though you guys source him much being he is the record holder of all is Canon and has not uttered any Word or so much as a letter on what Revan is or able to do.

BrandonSM , not like we had respect for eachother since the begining of this game anyways , nor do I care . In reality nothing being said on who or what could be Revan is Canon , Fact , or more than Biased Opinion .

If you type in Revan there is 7 Pages of Threads dissing Revan ,and 1 1/2 Page of Issues with Foundry and its bugs , and 1/2 a page of praise .

Revan topic is way overly done on this Site's forums period and overshadows all other Characters from SW , and that is sad . It seems more fun to get these Threads going knowing that it will be ongoing attacks and opinions .

I'm saying I and a few others know who Revan COMPARITIVELY better then Rayla and Aurbere.

Was my statement kind of rude? Yes. I won't deny that I sounded like a snob when I said that, but it was in retaliation to the NUMEROUS posts of Rayla and Aurbere that have bothered me. I'm sure you understand.

Let me rephrase what I said/meant. Do I know more facts about Revan then Aurbere or Rayla does? Probably not. Do I interpret these facts differently? Oh yes! Is my interpretation correct? Oh yes!

Rayla and Aurbere twist the facts about Revan into insignificant accomplishments, whereas I take these facts to mean what they actually are. They act as if their false interpretations are canon.

You will also notice that they say things like "Mace Windu would make Revan cry like a little baby." - Aurbere

This is the kind of thing they'll say when I AGREE with them that Windu would beat Revan. Yet I say that Revan would give Windu a respectable fight, whereas they insist that Windu would wipe the floor with Revan.

I'm saying I and a few others know who Revan COMPARITIVELY better then Rayla and Aurbere.

Was my statement kind of rude? Yes. I won't deny that I sounded like a snob when I said that, but it was in retaliation to the NUMEROUS posts of Rayla and Aurbere that have bothered me. I'm sure you understand.

Let me rephrase what I said/meant. Do I know more facts about Revan then Aurbere or Rayla does? Probably not. Do I interpret these facts differently? Oh yes! Is my interpretation correct? Oh yes!

Rayla and Aurbere twist the facts about Revan into insignificant accomplishments, whereas I take these facts to mean what they actually are. They act as if their false interpretations are canon.

You will also notice that they say things like "Mace Windu would make Revan cry like a little baby." - Aurbere

This is the kind of thing they'll say when I AGREE with them that Windu would beat Revan. Yet I say that Revan would give Windu a respectable fight, whereas they insist that Windu would wipe the floor with Revan.

I just wanna make a quick comparison with the "Mace would make Revan cry" bit. When Boba was thirteen he put up a decent fight against Mace. I think Revan could do the same.

Let's compare Revan with Mace Windu, then we can make our predictions.

Mace Windu:

Second-best Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order, second only to Yoda. Mastered all seven forms and created Vaapad. Bested Darth Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Mace Windu is a strong candidate for Top 5 Duelists.

Shatterpoint

Force Crush

Force Choke

One of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Mace Windu is one of the few members of his Order that can stand amongst the Jedi of the New Jedi Order.

Revan:

Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.

One of the most powerful Force-users of his time. He has some tough competition with Surik, Kun, Traya, Nihilus and others.

Tutaminis

Exotic powers

Some Dark Side abilities, but mainly uses Jedi powers.

Overall, we could say that they are equivalent in status for their times. Not equivalent in skill or power, but in where they stand for their time. This type of comparison shows that Luke and Yoda are of comparable status as they are both Grandmasters of their Orders, but Luke is the better Jedi.

Victory points to Mace Windu on this one.

Edited by Aurbere

Mace Windu:

Second-best Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order, second only to Yoda. Mastered all seven forms and created Vaapad. Bested Darth Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Mace Windu is a strong candidate for Top 5 Duelists.

Shatterpoint

Force Crush

Force Choke

One of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Mace Windu is one of the few members of his Order that can stand amongst the Jedi of the New Jedi Order.

Revan:

Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.

One of the most powerful Force-users of his time. He has some tough competition with Surik, Kun, Traya, Nihilus and others.

Tutaminis

Exotic powers

Overall, we could say that they are equivalent in status for their times. Not equivalent in skill or power, but in where they stand for their time. This type of comparison shows that Luke and Yoda are of comparable status as they are both Grandmasters of their Orders, but Luke is the better Jedi.

I totally agree with you. Mace Windu would have a sound victory on this one. What do I mean by sound victory? Well it's in between a beat down and a very close battle.

Beat down = the Dooku vs Obi-wan/Anakin fight (episode 2)

Very close battle = Anakin vs Obi-wan (episode 3)

A sound victory would be somewhere in between the two.

Mace Windu:

Shatterpoint

Force Crush

Force Choke

Revan:

Tutaminis

Exotic powers

Should also include feats for the characters, thats the real meat in figuring out who would in in a fight basing off what they have done and everything.

Should also include feats for the characters, thats the real meat in figuring out who would in in a fight basing off what they have done and everything.

I'm sure it would, but even then I don't see the outcome changing. But if I must.

Mace Windu:

Defeated Count Dooku in battle

Defeated Darth Sidious in a duel

Killed Jango Fett

Secured multiple victories during the Clone Wars

Defeated Asajj Ventress with relative ease

Defeated General Grievous

Revan:

Led the Republic to victory during the Mandalorian Wars

Defeated Mandalore

Waged War against the Republic after bringing in several key Republic military leaders

Located the Star Forge

Defeated Darth Malak with the aid of Bastila's Battle Meditation

Defeated countless Sith lords and Acolytes

Defeated Darth Nyriss

Survived an encounter with the Sith Emperor

While Revan has larger achievements, the feats that Mace Windu accomplished are greater and come into play in a much greater way in a battle between the two.

Exar Kun. And if you don't include him in there then Revan is the only other one I can think of. But Kavar and Sion make a good play for it.

Ahh ok forgot about him.

Revan:

Defeated Darth Malak with the aid of Bastila's Battle Meditation

Wait wha- how do you know he was aided by Bastila's Battle Meditation? I thought she was too busy concentrating on the fleet?