Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most of you know, my character is in love with Lana. But I'm really, really sorry this happened with your love interest. Truly. I think it s**ks that Bioware actually pulled this, and that if Force forbid this had happened with my LI I'd be so bereft I'd stop playing (and please, no vitriol about Lana's status is necessary...to some of us she's not a 'pet,' she's a LI we love and value just as much as you love Theron).

I know I can't imagine exactly how some of you are feeling right now, but I'd imagine that this isn't a good day for you, and I'm sorry.

Having said that - I'm actually NOT going with the triple agent theory. I'm going with conditioning, implants controlling him, or implant slicing. This character

was captured by the Revanites, who included Imperial and Republic individuals, and was roughed up quite a bit while he was there...who knows what they did to him? And it would be silly to think ALL of them were captured at the end of SoR. He's also been knocked out at least once during KOTET alone. What was happening with him while Lana and the player were on Nathema? Valkorion hinted at a betrayal, so it could be that he planted something in the traitor's brain.

Plus, during his career with the SIS he could have easily been conditioned/implanted without his knowledge, just as an intelligence agent character in the vanilla storyline was. If the player sides with the Empire: the Republic activates that conditioning. If the player sides with the Republic: the Empire's intelligence finds out about the conditioning and uses it.

I think if it was Door B, mind sabotage, we wouldn't see such obvious foreshadowing in the beginning of the FP ('I'd do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G to keep you safe"), and the choked up sob of an "I love you, too. But I can't" at the end.

To me, it feels pretty obvious that he's doing what he's done in the past. This move totally fits his character throughout the book, comics, and Ziost. He's making rash decisions and going off half-cocked. That's not mind-control, that's just his character. He couldn't tell his boo because he needed things to be convincing. Whatever it is, he's going undercover with the creepy mask people because he thinks he has to in order to protect the Commander (and the Alliance). The only difference is that this time, he has a partner in crime - Lana.

Edited by Dracofish

Or this rolls into more story in order to re-introduce more companions.

I'm replaying the mission again on an Imperial test character and am paying extra special attention to nuances. And I just noticed that he actually switches blasters before he shoots at Lana with that stun shot. This is totally all for show...and I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts she's in on it. She has to be. The only way for Theron to get convincingly away from the Commander is to have Lana take him/her on a romp through the Umbarran wilds so he can just slip away. I can picture the conversation in my head, lol.

I also noticed something on my smuggler is when he shot at her he missed by quite a bit and shot the window. Now I don't think he is that bad of a shot, but shooting the window might have been giving them a way to escape. maybe wishful thinking for my sorceress since she is the one that romanced him.

Hmm I see I'm the only one who had that "I'd do anything to keep you safe" line come across as entirely a lie because of how he said it.

Other then that I loved how the voice actors and cutscenes brought the story to life, I'm going to be incredibly impatient waiting for the next part.

But I am the person who does not think it is anything but face value. No triple agent there, no mind control, he knows what he's doing. The mail message from him almost made me cry a little too. But we will see, no use speculating too much yet because I'll try to convince myself my theory is right and then get disappointed more lol

I'm pretty sure he expected the commander to survive that train crash, but explain the same cutscenes (mostly) especially the train one (blowing out a window to help escape??) to when he says to a commander in the mail that he was right, the commander has to be stopped. They can't do 3 different reasons behind why he's doing this and gotta take into account everything he says, to non-romanced, non-friend commanders as well since romance is the smallest number.

I think if it was Door B, mind sabotage, we wouldn't see such obvious foreshadowing in the beginning of the FP ('I'd do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G to keep you safe"), and the choked up sob of an "I love you, too. But I can't" at the end.

To me, it feels pretty obvious that he's doing what he's done in the past. This move totally fits his character throughout the book, comics, and Ziost. He's making rash decisions and going off half-cocked. That's not mind-control, that's just his character. He couldn't tell his boo because he needed things to be convincing. Whatever it is, he's going undercover with the creepy mask people because he thinks he has to in order to protect the Commander (and the Alliance). The only difference is that this time, he has a partner in crime - Lana.

In the IA storyline, the agent knows they're being controlled, and they try to fight it. So does Vaylin with her conditioning, for that matter. It could easily explain Theron's remarks - he knows he's being controlled, he's fighting it, and he can't say anything for fear of endangering the player more. It would also explain why that email is cut off so abruptly - someone's activated him again.

It would also explain things like warning the Commander that the train is about to crash, shooting out the windows, switching to the stun, etc. - he's trying, he's really trying, to fight it.

I am not even remotely convinced that Lana would be in on this. IMHO she would not endanger the player in this way even if there were a bigger picture.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Hmm I see I'm the only one who had that "I'd do anything to keep you safe" line come across as entirely a lie because of how he said it.

Other then that I loved how the voice actors and cutscenes brought the story to life, I'm going to be incredibly impatient waiting for the next part.

But I am the person who does not think it is anything but face value. No triple agent there, no mind control, he knows what he's doing. The mail message from him almost made me cry a little too. But we will see, no use speculating too much yet because I'll try to convince myself my theory is right and then get disappointed more lol

I'm pretty sure he expected the commander to survive that train crash, but explain the same cutscenes (mostly) especially the train one (blowing out a window to help escape??) to when he says to a commander in the mail that he was right, the commander has to be stopped. They can't do 3 different reasons behind why he's doing this and gotta take into account everything he says, to non-romanced, non-friend commanders as well since romance is the smallest number.

I'm pretty sure his mail messages have to uphold his cover. He tells even a romanced Commander that he/she has either become a symbol of oppression (non-Emperor/Empress) or a dictator (Emperor/Empress). I've already played through both ways. He's saying things he might not necessarily believe in order to keep up his cover. And that comes through even in his romanced message.

Not even taking into account the "I'd do anything to keep you safe" comment, we have the following -

He does switch blasters before shooting Lana with a stun blast. Why? Other than to ensure that she's not harmed.

He does shoot out the window of the train before telling the Commander that he's crashing it. Why? Other than to ensure that he/she escapes.

He does leave behind the crystals after he says he's stealing them. Why? Because he wants the Alliance to have them.

I'm in the 100% without a doubt this is all for cover camp.

In the IA storyline, the agent knows they're being controlled, and they try to fight it. So does Vaylin with her conditioning, for that matter. It could easily explain Theron's remarks - he knows he's being controlled, he's fighting it, and he can't say anything for fear of endangering the player more. It would also explain why that email is cut off so abruptly - someone's activated him again.

I am not even remotely convinced that Lana would be in on this. IMHO she would not endanger the player in this way even if there were a bigger picture.

What email is cut off? My email from him (on two romanced characters) isn't abruptly ended.

And there is also the whole slew of other things he does that doesn't add up to someone who is being mind-controlled -

Switching blasters to shoot Lana with a stun

Shooting the window out of the train and then telling the Commander his plan

Leaving the crystals behind when he said he was there to steal them

I get that you're a Lana-mancer, but it's entirely within her character to join a plot like that. She's not putting the Commander in danger. She's working with Theron on an undercover op and their cover has to be convincing. They're not the bad guys, they're acting like spies. Spies will spy.

Edited by Dracofish

What email is cut off? My email from him (on two romanced characters) isn't abruptly ended.

And there is also the whole slew of other things he does that doesn't add up to someone who is being mind-controlled -

Switching blasters to shoot Lana with a stun

Shooting the window out of the train and then telling the Commander his plan

Leaving the crystals behind when he said he was there to steal them

In all of the datamined emails, they end abruptly. I've only seen the nice platonic one, not the romanced one.

All of those things IMHO would also be done by someone fighting their conditioning very hard. He has to try to shoot the Commander, but he has a second gun so he won't kill the Commander or Lana. He warns the Commander what's about to happen to the train instead of distracting her. Etc. Basically he IS giving the Commander and Lana opportunities to escape, but he's also putting up a good front.

It does work for a triple agent scenario but IMHO it also works for someone fighting their conditioning tooth and nail - and there would have been many opportunities for someone to plant those seeds for Theron.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

MC: So you lied to me.

Theron: That depends on how you define lying.

MC: Well, I define it as not telling the truth.

MC: How do you define it?

Theron:

Theron: Reclining your body in a horizontal position?

MC:

MC: Get the hell out of here.

Theron: Absolutely.

Just a little amusement to balm the heartbreak.

In all of the datamined emails, they end abruptly. I've only seen the nice platonic one, not the romanced one.

All of those things IMHO would also be done by someone fighting their conditioning very hard. He has to try to shoot the Commander, but he has a second gun so he won't kill the Commander or Lana. He warns the Commander what's about to happen to the train instead of distracting her. Etc. Basically he IS giving the Commander and Lana opportunities to escape, but he's also putting up a good front.

It does work for a triple agent scenario but IMHO it also works for someone fighting their conditioning tooth and nail - and there would have been many opportunities for someone to plant those seeds for Theron.

The romanced email is not the "revised" version from the "information that shall not be named." It's the full version. I'd assume the others are the same.

I agree, this entire thing smells of double/triple agent spy business. And once my poor Knight recovers from her whole "OMG WHY I LOVED YOU ;-; " and has time to actually sit down and process things, she'll probably recognize that everything he's doing, he's trying to protect her and the Alliance (shooting out the window, switching to a stun blaster, leaving most of the crystals, "I'd do ANYTHING to protect you", etc). While the whole mind-control thing would be a hell of a fun story to play through, I don't read any of that in this chapter. Theron knows what he's doing.

And he's going to get at least one slap in the face (think Vanessa and Wade at the end of Deadpool) when my Knight meets him again, along the lines of "WHAT THE **** WERE YOU THINKING THIS WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA YOU SIS NINCOMPOOP". XD (And no matter that my Operative, her dad, is going to figure it out in like thirty seconds and my gunslinger's totally in on it in fanfic-verse-lore, they're both still going to punch him out. >.>)

My fanfiction muse is singing into my ear after getting CURB STOMPED IN THE FEELS BY BIOWARE THIS MORNING, so that's something at least.

And after I finally made him sexy as hell in a new non-shoulder-pad-adorned jacket, too. LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

MC: So you lied to me.

Theron: That depends on how you define lying.

MC: Well, I define it as not telling the truth.

MC: How do you define it?

Theron:

Theron: Reclining your body in a horizontal position?

MC:

MC: Get the hell out of here.

Theron: Absolutely.

Just a little amusement to balm the heartbreak.

BAHAHAHAHA! I can totally see this going down with Theron and my Sorc alt. XD

Because they planned it out ahead of time. He couldn't tell the Commander because he needs it to be convincing. The Commander's reaction has to be real. Remember that whole argument Lana had on Rishi about Theron's capture and why she didn't tell him?

I maintain that Lana was wrong then and any character who suggested it would be wrong now. At the time, if the main character takes Lana's side re Rishi, Theron doesn't maintain complete disagreement (I seem to remember he yields a bit and says he can't guarantee he would've reacted realistically), but I think that's because he's vulnerable after the PC takes Lana's side after he's just been tortured! In the agent story, in chapter three (on Corellia, I think),

the main character goes undercover and is tortured. They maintain their cover and react realistically. Lana believing Theron wouldn't have been able to do this is insulting. He is just as much of a professional secret agent as the Imperial Agent and I believe would've managed fine.

Now, depending on your character, you may agree with this or not... For example, my light side agent takes Theron's side, whereas my dark side agent hates the SIS and sides with Lana - he takes pleasure in implying that Theron is less of an agent than him. But, separating myself from my characters, I truly believe that Theron is a competent and experienced agent who has accomplished a lot of things and who Lana didn't need to deceive.

Now, in the present context, what about the main character? They may be a sweet, earnest person, a terrible liar - or they may be a consummate deceiver, skilled in subterfuge. But apparently Theron behaves the same regardless. This implies that it's not so much about the player's reaction as it is about who might be listening if it was all explained to them. Or it implies that Bioware again only have the resources for a single story strand, and thus we're going to end up with a lot of situations where this plot doesn't make sense for particular characters.

Edited by Estelindis

Well now that the situation is confirmed I don't think I could bear to play it and then have to wait for the conclusion. I'm going to wait and save this chapter until the next one comes out so I can save myself the box of tissues.

I could see the whole 'triple-agent' thing happening but at the same time it may not and he may have really betrayed us, even if with noble goal in mind. Kinda hard to reconcile triple-agent theory with potentially VERY and immediately deadly blowing up of a train, not to mention shooting at us (and Lana). "Ohh I knew you would survive" won't cut it, although I wouldn't put it past Bioware's writing skill at this point that this will be their handwave excuse given to Theron...

And if it is a triple-agent scenario, then they set up 5.4 for nothing more than cheap shock-value points. Since KOTFE, we've seen the action and story happening from perspective of both our Player Characters and NPCs so not showing Theron infirltating some Order as a tripple-agent to let (at least) the audience know that he's still good guy is just fishing for "look a twist!" cheap narrative

Edited by Pietrastor

And if it is a triple-agent scenario, then they set up 5.4 for nothing more than cheap shock-value points. Since KOTFE, we've seen the action and story happening from perspective of both our Player Characters and NPCs so not showing Theron infirltating some Order as a tripple-agent to let (at least) the audience know that he's still good guy is just fishing for "look a twist!" cheap narrative

We didn't see everything unfolding from the NPC's perspective in KotFE and KotET. The true insidiousness of Valkorion's plan was not known to the player until we plumped our rumps down on the Eternal Throne.

To understand more about motivation we need more information about the Order.

THE ORDER--Speculation

The dude communicating with Theron was wearing Scion-like armor. Either this guy is a Scion or the wearing of this armor is to make anyone think he is a Scion. Remember that Theron is a new recruit. My thought on The Order is that we are facing a super conspiracy that combines several prior conspiracies. The surviving Revenites and Star Cabal remnants could have found common ground. Given that Valkorion/Vitiate has been destroyed, Darth Jadus may have decided to make his move for power. Based upon that cut content of a carbonite-encased Malgus being brought to Arkann, we cannot rule-out Malgus' return. Even though that content was cut, the devs could have decided to resurrect using this element. The only rooting out of the Revenites occurred on Marr and Satele's fleets. Other than that, both Sith Intelligence and the SIS were too busy dealing with Ziost and then the Eternal Empire to devote adequate resources to tracking down and terminating the remaining Revenites. Satele Shan may even be part of The Order, as she is now simply following "the Will of the Force" and may be succesptible to manipulation.

Scions--Part of The Order?

Even though it seems very unlikely that the Scions would formally be a part of this group, without firm proof ruling them out they have to be considered as possible Order members based upon prior interactions with this duplicitous lot. Potentially dealing with enemies who can see the future makes informing others about the conspiracies existence and efforts at infiltration dangerous for mission success.

The Uprisings--Order Behind Them

The numbers of the uprisings--and their involving criminals, Republic and Imperial forces/defectors suggests that The Order possesses the ability to project power across the galaxy. The Order has corporate backers. All these companies could be controlled by a handful of individuals depending on how Republic and Imperial law govern corporations, holding companies and other matters of business law. For all of these uprisingfs to take place at the same time suggests that The Order possesses advanced planning and logistical capabilities. Senior disaffected Revenites, Star Cabal-ers, Imperials and Pubs could fill its leadership cadres at at least the mid- and senior-levels.

Theron Shan

Theron is either going to come out of this a traitor of a hero. He is an experienced bureaucratic warrior and knows how to cover his own petard (See Forged Alliances and Rise of the Emperor). His actions on Iokath and Umbara have served Alliance interests. His actions on Iokath result in the death of a senior leader of the enemy faction, and the attack upon the throne the PC is sitting in severs the interface before we go all crazy ala Malcolm/Acina or get fried to a crisp like the dead Iokathan. On Umbara, we escape from the train and get a bunch of the crystals, Theron having failed to adequately plan for their retrieval. Then there was the whole situation on the train: his shooting out the window through which we subsequently escape through and Theron telling those of us who romanced him that he still loves us--very odd thing for a traitor to say.

It is logical that the Order at the very least had audio surveillance throughout the train. Theron was therefore required to play-up the treason for his eaves-droppers. I seems to make little sense for Theron to believe what he was telling us, but if the members of the Order truly believe what Theron told us, it makes sense for him to parrot their ideological talking-points. They could also be spying on him by hacking his implants, modifying his existing implants or adding more implants of their own.

When Theron was captured by the Revenites back on Rishi, he could have been subjected to some form of mental conditioning. The person who knew the trigger word or phrase could now finally have gotten into a position to activate this asset. This same situation could have happened years prior and substitute Revenites with Imperial Intelligence. Jadus may have been the one to condition Theron and now that this particular Dark Lord may have returned, Theron's conditioning has been switched "on," but he is actively resisting it ala Cypher 9 and those nasty SIS agents.

There is also the possibility that Lana and Theron both hatched this plan to infiltrate the Order together. Theron was to be the infiltrator because he is better at field-work than Lana.

The true insidiousness of Valkorion's plan was not known to the player until we plumped our rumps down on the Eternal Throne.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this. Several classes know of the Emperor's powers of mental domination and swapping hosts. Plus the simple fact that Valkorion wanted and urged us to take the throne should've been enough for us to not want to do it, assuming we didn't kneel to Valkorion or share his power... Fine if someone who cooperates with him all the way is fooled, but it makes no sense for someone who's been suspicious of him from the start.

Edited by Estelindis

Now, in the present context, what about the main character? They may be a sweet, earnest person, a terrible liar - or they may be a consummate deceiver, skilled in subterfuge. But apparently Theron behaves the same regardless. This implies that it's not so much about the player's reaction as it is about who might be listening if it was all explained to them. Or it implies that Bioware again only have the resources for a single story strand, and thus we're going to end up with a lot of situations where this plot doesn't make sense for particular characters.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this.

It doesn't make sense that Theron wouldn't tell friendly MCs his plan, especially if the MC is his lover or an imperial agent with experience in infiltration, impersonation, and double or triple agent-ing (STILL nobody knows my Chiss agent was working for the SIS) this could have been the perfect scenario for the MC to fake their own death and work against this shifty organization incognito and without the story constraints of being this important faction leader/figurehead all the time.

After playing this flashpoint, I do think the triple agent thing is true but I'm also not happy with the way they handled everything. LS humanitarian and DS evil overlord mashed together into one scenario which doesn't fit the LS character at all, there is no special consideration for class due to budget constraints I assume but which opens up plotholes for agents and romanced characters. I was really disappointed with my male inquisitor's voice acting in this as well since even when being betrayed by his lover, most of his lines sounded bored and like he's asking for directions or slightly annoyed. There was only one scene where I really felt emotion and betrayal from him and it was the autodialogue scene where Lana says "I can't believe I didn't catch this, was I really so blind?" and my character replied that he was the one who was blind because he loved Theron. That was the kind of emotion I was looking for but I felt it was lacking in the rest of the dialogue. Theron's dialogue was weird, it felt like one whole generic set for every character which was cold and randomly aggressive for no reason(only makes sense for DS overlords) and then the few romance specific responses were sad and touching but then it would immediately go back to the generic cold and grumpy tone like it was just spliced together.

The whole thing was short, disappointing, and the quality just wasn't top notch IMO. Unless the next part is coming within 2 months, I'm going to unsubscribe until there's more to it. There's no point in playing this again with different characters

I recorded my playthrough so if anyone is holding off on playing this with a character who romanced Theron you can see the romance dialogue if you like. (be warned though, my computer is crappy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8jHsWAZro&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Nefla

We didn't see everything unfolding from the NPC's perspective in KotFE and KotET. The true insidiousness of Valkorion's plan was not known to the player until we plumped our rumps down on the Eternal Throne.

To understand more about motivation we need more information about the Order.

THE ORDER--Speculation

The dude communicating with Theron was wearing Scion-like armor. Either this guy is a Scion or the wearing of this armor is to make anyone think he is a Scion. Remember that Theron is a new recruit. My thought on The Order is that we are facing a super conspiracy that combines several prior conspiracies. The surviving Revenites and Star Cabal remnants could have found common ground. Given that Valkorion/Vitiate has been destroyed, Darth Jadus may have decided to make his move for power. Based upon that cut content of a carbonite-encased Malgus being brought to Arkann, we cannot rule-out Malgus' return. Even though that content was cut, the devs could have decided to resurrect using this element. The only rooting out of the Revenites occurred on Marr and Satele's fleets. Other than that, both Sith Intelligence and the SIS were too busy dealing with Ziost and then the Eternal Empire to devote adequate resources to tracking down and terminating the remaining Revenites. Satele Shan may even be part of The Order, as she is now simply following "the Will of the Force" and may be succesptible to manipulation.

Scions--Part of The Order?

Even though it seems very unlikely that the Scions would formally be a part of this group, without firm proof ruling them out they have to be considered as possible Order members based upon prior interactions with this duplicitous lot. Potentially dealing with enemies who can see the future makes informing others about the conspiracies existence and efforts at infiltration dangerous for mission success.

The Uprisings--Order Behind Them

The numbers of the uprisings--and their involving criminals, Republic and Imperial forces/defectors suggests that The Order possesses the ability to project power across the galaxy. The Order has corporate backers. All these companies could be controlled by a handful of individuals depending on how Republic and Imperial law govern corporations, holding companies and other matters of business law. For all of these uprisingfs to take place at the same time suggests that The Order possesses advanced planning and logistical capabilities. Senior disaffected Revenites, Star Cabal-ers, Imperials and Pubs could fill its leadership cadres at at least the mid- and senior-levels.

Theron Shan

Theron is either going to come out of this a traitor of a hero. He is an experienced bureaucratic warrior and knows how to cover his own petard (See Forged Alliances and Rise of the Emperor). His actions on Iokath and Umbara have served Alliance interests. His actions on Iokath result in the death of a senior leader of the enemy faction, and the attack upon the throne the PC is sitting in severs the interface before we go all crazy ala Malcolm/Acina or get fried to a crisp like the dead Iokathan. On Umbara, we escape from the train and get a bunch of the crystals, Theron having failed to adequately plan for their retrieval. Then there was the whole situation on the train: his shooting out the window through which we subsequently escape through and Theron telling those of us who romanced him that he still loves us--very odd thing for a traitor to say.

It is logical that the Order at the very least had audio surveillance throughout the train. Theron was therefore required to play-up the treason for his eaves-droppers. I seems to make little sense for Theron to believe what he was telling us, but if the members of the Order truly believe what Theron told us, it makes sense for him to parrot their ideological talking-points. They could also be spying on him by hacking his implants, modifying his existing implants or adding more implants of their own.

When Theron was captured by the Revenites back on Rishi, he could have been subjected to some form of mental conditioning. The person who knew the trigger word or phrase could now finally have gotten into a position to activate this asset. This same situation could have happened years prior and substitute Revenites with Imperial Intelligence. Jadus may have been the one to condition Theron and now that this particular Dark Lord may have returned, Theron's conditioning has been switched "on," but he is actively resisting it ala Cypher 9 and those nasty SIS agents.

There is also the possibility that Lana and Theron both hatched this plan to infiltrate the Order together. Theron was to be the infiltrator because he is better at field-work than Lana.

Good read -

Something else I noticed after playing through again is that even when he's holding a *stun* gun on us (yup, he switches blasters mid-scene if you pay attention), his eyes say something different from his mouth. I don't buy for a minute that he believes what is coming out of his trap. I think you're right in that they were definitely listening in and he had to make it sound convincing.

I also totally wouldn't it put it past the two of them to hatch this up together. If you notice, Lana has nothing to add when the Commander is like "why did he not take the crystals?" She remains conveniently silent. I'd just like to know how they found out about the Order to know they had to infiltrate it...if he was the original "traitor" on Iokath. I wasn't entirely convinced (it could have been another less than truth coming out of his mouth), but I suppose it makes sense now that the hooded figure actually saved the Commander's life. I never really thought of it that way before.

Lastly, if his entire goal was to bring about the end of the Alliance, he's had so many opportunities to do just that...like just letting the Commander die on Iokath, not blowing out the window on the train, and most certainly not telling the Commander that he was going to blow up the train (so you better jump to safety).

I think you hit the nail on the head with this.

It doesn't make sense that Theron wouldn't tell friendly MCs his plan, especially if the MC is his lover or an imperial agent with experience in infiltration, impersonation, and double or triple agent-ing (STILL nobody knows my Chiss agent was working for the SIS) this could have been the perfect scenario for the MC to fake their own death and work against this shifty organization incognito and without the story constraints of being this important faction leader/figurehead all the time.

After playing this flashpoint, I do think the triple agent thing is true but I'm also not happy with the way they handled everything. LS humanitarian and DS evil overlord mashed together into one scenario which doesn't fit the LS character at all, there is no special consideration for class due to budget constraints I assume but which opens up plotholes for agents and romanced characters. I was really disappointed with my male inquisitor's voice acting in this as well since even when being betrayed by his lover, most of his lines sounded bored and like he's asking for directions or slightly annoyed. There was only one scene where I really felt emotion and betrayal from him and it was the autodialogue scene where Lana says "I can't believe I didn't catch this, was I really so blind?" and my character replied that he was the one who was blind because he loved Theron. That was the kind of emotion I was looking for but I felt it was lacking in the rest of the dialogue. Theron's dialogue was weird, it felt like one whole generic set for every character which was cold and randomly aggressive for no reason(only makes sense for DS overlords) and then the few romance specific responses were sad and touching but then it would immediately go back to the generic cold and grumpy tone like it was just spliced together.

The whole thing was short, disappointing, and the quality just wasn't top notch IMO. Unless the next part is coming within 2 months, I'm going to unsubscribe until there's more to it. There's no point in playing this again with different characters

I recorded my playthrough so if anyone is holding off on playing this with a character who romanced Theron you can see the romance dialogue if you like. (be warned though, my computer is crappy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8jHsWAZro&feature=youtu.be

Guess our PBs take one for the team-

Guess our PBs take one for the team-

Damn, I thought he was going to be a SW, did not expect an agent but I love characters that go against type/appearance <3 Care to join me muttering disgruntled jibberish in the corner while rocking back and forth?

Damn, I thought he was going to be a SW, did not expect an agent but I love characters that go against type/appearance <3 Care to join me muttering disgruntled jibberish in the corner while rocking back and forth?

*Nods* Yes....

https://youtu.be/PS7sgnJNWAA

This is the whole thing, though I missed the escape cut scene because if you 'esc" can't just re-enter the cutscene :(