What is the basic gear for healer sorcerer at lvl 55?

Nemhain

I'm totally lost, no clue at all what the basic gear I shall pick. seeker's or Battlemind? the stats are all messed up, both with accurancy. Before I knew force-master was for when I decided to be dd and force-mystic for heals, but basic gear have no set and no hint at all what to pick.

If anyone have a light about the basic gear for healer sorcerer, plz let me know, this is all messed up. The hints will be really apreciated.

edit: by the way elder game guide give no help regarding this, basic gear (artifact) since that gear is not named force-master or force-mystic.

Edited by Nemhain

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lately, there have been questions on what is the best gear for a Sorcerer (Healer) as it pertains to:

Classic

Basic

Elite

Let me try to break it down for you as I understand it and also based from what others have already stated:

1. The most common mistake in gearing with one of these three is picking items from a 'Classic' vendor and later realizing you had enough comms to purchase a better ranked item from either the 'Basic' or 'Elite' vendor. Don't make this mistake.

2. That said ~ when searching for new gear items ~ always start from the top and look down .,., in this case for a Sorcerer (Healer)

Elite Gear - Everything marked Force Healer is the ideal choice.

Basic Gear - With this gear you have a choice. Typically you will want to search for stats in Endurance, Willpower, Surge, & Crit. Since all mobs can now resist chance to force attacks you may want to throw a mix of Accuracy into play ((this is my preference since at times I find myself fighting off mobs that DPSrs don't pay attention to or the Tank leaves me high-n-dry to fend for myself)). So, since the pieces have no set bonuses.. you could mix and match the seeker and battlemind pieces .,., observe:

> Pristine Seeker's Headgear (Contains Accuracy)

> Pristine Battlemind Vestments (Contains Accuracy)

(*) Pristine Battlemind Gloves

(*) Pristine Battlemind Lower Robe

(*) Pristine Seeker's Boots

NOTE: Each item listed above with the (*) symbol contains the ideal stats a Sorcerer Healer requires out of this gear. If you prefer to stack your stats for the full heal and not concern yourself with the accuracy then you can choose to replace the > with this (*)

(*) Pristine Battlemind Headgear

(*) Pristine Seeker's Robe

Classic Gear - Anything within the 'Force Mystic' line of items will do nicely.

Hope this helps explain things a little .,., Happy Hunting ^^

Lately, there have been questions on what is the best gear for a Sorcerer (Healer) as it pertains to:

Classic

Basic

Elite

Let me try to break it down for you as I understand it and also based from what others have already stated:

1. The most common mistake in gearing with one of these three is picking items from a 'Classic' vendor and later realizing you had enough comms to purchase a better ranked item from either the 'Basic' or 'Elite' vendor. Don't make this mistake.

2. That said ~ when searching for new gear items ~ always start from the top and look down .,., in this case for a Sorcerer (Healer)

Elite Gear - Everything marked Force Healer is the ideal choice.

Basic Gear - With this gear you have a choice. Typically you will want to search for stats in Endurance, Willpower, Surge, & Crit. Since all mobs can now resist chance to force attacks you may want to throw a mix of Accuracy into play ((this is my preference since at times I find myself fighting off mobs that DPSrs don't pay attention to or the Tank leaves me high-n-dry to fend for myself)). So, since the pieces have no set bonuses.. you could mix and match the seeker and battlemind pieces .,., observe:

> Pristine Seeker's Headgear (Contains Accuracy)

> Pristine Battlemind Vestments (Contains Accuracy)

(*) Pristine Battlemind Gloves

(*) Pristine Battlemind Lower Robe

(*) Pristine Seeker's Boots

NOTE: Each item listed above with the (*) symbol contains the ideal stats a Sorcerer Healer requires out of this gear. If you prefer to stack your stats for the full heal and not concern yourself with the accuracy then you can choose to replace the > with this (*)

(*) Pristine Battlemind Headgear

(*) Pristine Seeker's Robe

Classic Gear - Anything within the 'Force Mystic' line of items will do nicely.

Hope this helps explain things a little .,., Happy Hunting ^^

While I mostly agree, I would expand a bit by saying that for elite comms, it doesn't matter which set you pick as none actually contain set bonuses. I usually go for power>crit because of the ridiculous nerf to crit rating, but in the grand scheme of things it is more about personal preference, as the HPS is only slightly different between the two builds. The same can go for basic gear, because again there are no set bonuses.

With classic gear you will want to go with at 2-4 pieces of the force-healer (I personally only play with the 2-pc healing bonus so I can have more 72 armourings), but beyond that pick the best optimized pieces and don't worry about which set it is from.

IMO there is no point to having accuracy on a healer; your dps is going to be needed so seldomly that it is not worth losing out on the alacrity/surge. When I have to dps, I respec dps and swap gear sets, which is mostly full of 66 accuracy enhancements I made. It works well enough for the content I dps, and good accuracy enhancements are a right b***ard to get, since there is very little sorc gear which actually comes equipped with accuracy.

• 5 months later...
I htted 55lvl with my sorcerer 2weeks ago...for this two weeks I am using pristine sets from oricon missions...I have currently about 450 basic comms what should I do with them? should I change them for force healer gear from oricon classic vendor(I think it is Black market set)? or is there something better to do with them?