Where is the big announcement?

Chemmie

This thread is a great example of why they never tell us anything.

Huh? Why? Because we eagerly want to know? Because there is a chance that they can't keep their promises? C'mom.

Half the fun of Christmas as child was *not* to know what you would get and wondering what would it be, peeking in the closet of your parents and stuff. The anticipated uh pleasure/joy was one of the things that always made December so much fun!

And I personally would like to hear anything - even if we don't get it on said date - than to hear nothing. Really. Communicating with your customers is important. If they would say, for example, that we get server transfers with 1.8 that would be awesome - but if there would be some kind of technical issues and the server transfers had to wait for 1.9 or something (hypothetically speaking, I know that there probably won't be 1.8 or 1.9), then, sure, a lot of people would be annoyed that they couldn't keep their promises, but a lot of people would be at least happy to hear ANYTHING about the issue or whatever.

So I really like the new approach.

You're such a tease, Eric! :p

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You all have noticed that he said "promotion"?

99% of the guesses here have nothing to do with "promotion", like server-transfers :D

Well they could offer a discount for the first wave of transfers (if that is what it is) for example. Same with a lot of the other suggestions. A few of the suggestions would seem to be disqualified adding the "promotion" tag to it though, Cathar for example.

It will be on both the site and social media.

Well this thread escalated quickly. Just so I can hedge expectations here, what I said last week was:

I apologize that cool information transformed into big announcement and set a precedence that it would be something huge. What you will see later today is an announcement and information about what I personally think is a really cool promotion. Also since I said the word promotion I will get out in front of it and say it has nothing to do with Cartel Market. Just as another "spoiler" here is the guess from the thread that was the closest to the mark:

Apologies again if that spiraled out of control into a "big announcement" from us, I guess that's what happens when I tease something and give it a night to brew. Note: That will still not stop me from doing it again!

Don't apologize for teasing us. And don't feel the need for apologizing when fans take an innocent comment like "cool announcement" and they blow it into some huge out-of-proportion earth-shattering reveal.

They did that, not you. For myself, I appreciate any and all info you can give forth, and I'm not going to beat you over the head for it when it isn't out by 15 minutes after the start of business the next day.

I hope others can learn to do that, too...

Don’t worry if you have already hit Level 50, your Legacy XP will also double

Well that's amazing for everybody who already have 9 chars at 50 and reached the legacy cap^^...NOT

EARN DOUBLE XP AND UNIQUE REWARDS!

Tell us more about the rewards! Maybe there is something coming along for players who are here since the first day...