The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

get to the boss, major benes and the adds turn up, the sin (mate of the mara) goes to attack adds, the other mara does too, while the "pro" mara stays on boss. I just say "dps take adds please" (I really shouldnt have done that)

mara: "the whole point of dps is to damage the strongest enemy faster, adds should be taken out by tank/heal, ofc you would know that if you had done as much NiM as me"

Oh, wow...

The mara then dies from not moving out of major benes mortar volley, before med centering he has a go at me (playing as tank) for not taking aggro. I point out I never lost it, but even when im holding aggro the AOE still hurts others in the area. Im then told to L2P, tanking properly means the AOE wont damage anyone

Unfortunately, I can't find any words to describe how confused I am currently. He probably would claim that random DoT on DD doesn't hurt the DD if tank is good enough. :rolleyes:

Edited by Halinalle

Unfortunately, I can't find any words to describe how confused I am currently. He probably would claim that random DoT on DD doesn't hurt the DD if tank is good enough. :rolleyes:

The last boss in Athiss, Nefra from the Dread Fortress, the last boss of Mando Raiders... All of their DoT's are caused by bad tanks. Remember that from hereon.

mara: "lol u got downs or something? I dont need stats for kdy, it bolsters" (clearly these 2 intend to level all the way to 55 on KDY, damn 2 more from that KDY academy).

That is absolutely appalling. The minute he made the "downs" comment I would have been out of there and he would have gone straight on ignore.

The last boss in Athiss, Nefra from the Dread Fortress, the last boss of Mando Raiders... All of their DoT's are caused by bad tanks. Remember that from hereon.

Exactly. :D

That mara had to be trolling. Or drunk. Both are bad (well, I tank better when I'm drunk but that doesn't have anything to do with this).

Edited by Halinalle

Athiss SM, weird tank, new DPS, macho DPS and me.

My 24 Scoundrel healer, Shadow tank, Commado DPS, Guardian DPS.

When I join group is waiting before beast boss. I notice guard on me. Well nvm. Tank engages and grabs adds well and all seems fine. Well then first wave of adds spawn, tank takes them. I start to cast Underworld medicine, but just before it lands Tank stealts out :eek: he does not join back to fight, even if boss has a lot HP left. Guardian then swaps to tankstance and we down it. I thank him for doing so ... And rest FP he throws more or less flirty comments :rolleyes:

We get to last boss (yeah people attacked sapped enemies but luckily only one at time :D

Last boss Shadow again stealths out. I ask him why, he said "my HP was dropping"

I was like wut? His HP was at 60% and HoTs rolling. Well, Commando dies to fire, and after boss needs to Willpower item. Shadow goes nuts and drops group. I inspect Commandos achievements and notice he is new. I then explain stuff like mainstats. He apologizes his behavior but he can't give blade to Shadow because he is f2p and Shadow is already gone but at least he won't ninja next time

Here's a weird one, but in a good way.

I got a GF pop for 16 man (SM) Scum and Villany yesterday...and we got a successful full-clear out of it.

No wipes (a few deaths/barttle-rezzes here and there, but w/ev.)!

People who didn't know the fights saying so! (Beyond just me, that is.)

Fights explained clearly in Ops-chat!

30 Ultimate comms, and I got my 180 off-hand and my first piece of set-bonus (ilvl 162) armouring on my Merc!

Hell, the raid-leader even said "best PuG run ever" in Ops-chat at the end :)

Yeah, weird, eh?

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come -- I found that I enjoyed S&V's overall feel a lot (the Thrasher fight is cool, OK?), but now I'm locked-out on that character, so here's hoping for more of the same Rep-Side on my main Slinger today before it changes to the next Op. in the cycle.

Here's a weird one, but in a good way.

I got a GF pop for 16 man (SM) Scum and Villany yesterday...and we got a successful full-clear out of it.

No wipes (a few deaths/barttle-rezzes here and there, but w/ev.)!

People who didn't know the fights saying so! (Beyond just me, that is.)

Fights explained clearly in Ops-chat!

30 Ultimate comms, and I got my 180 off-hand and my first piece of set-bonus (ilvl 162) armouring on my Merc!

Hell, the raid-leader even said "best PuG run ever" in Ops-chat at the end :)

Yeah, weird, eh?

Sounds good. I might try running it myself tonight, hopefully I'll get a story like yours and not the ones that are all too common in this thread.

I've not had any particularly funny or odd GF stories recently. Nearest would be an Athis HM run at the weekend with a healer who had never healed in FPs before. He kept failing to cleanse the Crushing Darkness dot from the last boss even though I explained it to him in detail. It didn't bother me because I've been there myself and it takes a few tries to learn. After two wipes the tank suggested the problem was everyone other than him didn't have enough hp (he had about 47k). I admit my 28k hp Sentinel is a bit squishy but I'd run it on her before and the healer and other dps both had 35k+ hp so we should be more than good enough. Anyway on the final try the tank died and I ended up tanking the boss with my 28k hp for several minutes. We killed the boss, rez'd the tank and everyone left Athis happy. :D

Afterwards I chatted with our healer, gave him some tips and recommended Dulfy's FP guides. Next time he should be much better prepared.

( ... )After two wipes the tank suggested the problem was everyone other than him didn't have enough hp (he had about 47k). ( ... )

Endurance stacking moron detected. There is absolutely no reason to have 47k hp. Its counterproductive. Tank gearing is all about mitigation stats. You can have a 47k or 50k hp tank who drops like a fly, or a 41k or 43k tank who does not die. Clearly, one is better..

Somebody should have /slap-ed that guy after that comment.

Edited by Dras_Keto

I usually don't reply or post on threads. I just read them. But I had a frustrating run on Mando Raiders today, and I decided to chronicle the events :mad:. This is the story of a "tankinel" who I shall refer to as Bob.

So, I was queued for Mando Raiders or Cademimu on my level 28 Guardian tank. Mando Raiders pops and the team zones in. Everyone but Bob says hello.

At first, it looks like a good team. The healer really knows its stuff, and the other dps did mighty fine. But when we ran into Braxx, things go wrong. The healer who has a plan, tells us that everyone focus on the hounds but me, who will keep Braxx's attention. Seems good, until Bob unleashes his "Tankinel" powers.

The battle starts, but instead of leaping to the hounds, he leaps with me to Braxx. After stealing my aggro 3 times, I switch guard from heals to him. However, heals dies and everyone goes down.

Second try, same thing. On the third, we threaten Bob with vote kick. So everything goes nicely.

Then we enter the bridge room. We try to avoid the mods, but Bob decides to leap in and grab every mobs attention. Disgusted, I let him "tank" the room. Of course, he dies. Then a convo starts between us.

Bob: "Why didn't you tank!?"

Me: "Because you decided to get every ones attention instead of following us."

Bob: "I was just doing my job as a tank!"

Me: *facepalm*:confused:

So again we threaten Bob with vote kick. So we get to the top of the bridge. Instead of waiting, he leaps to the patrol. Trying my best to keep everyone alive, I end up getting knocked down from the bridge with Bob. I run back up, but heals is already dead. Me and the other dps kills everyone on the bridge. But then, randomly, I die.

So remember when I said Bob pulled everyone in the room? Well, there was one more gold droid, and was somehow shooting us from the underneath the bridge. All this time Bob is running around the bottom floor screaming "HEAL ME NOOBS!!!" I (for some reason) get rezzed by other dps. Then he goes down.

I then blow on all my cooldowns to defeat the droid with Bob running around at 3% health. He then berates me for "not coming down sooner" and "not healing me".

The Boarding party boss went by quickly because of the awesome heals.

Then finally, we get to Marvis Varad. I explain that when the turrets pop up, the dps has to focus them. So guess what bob did.

He rushes to Marvis, not the turrets. So because of this, we have to endure about 3 turrets firing at us. Finally after yelling at him to go after turrets, we vote kick him after a wipe. Before leaving, he says "You stupid noobs, l2p and stop sucking" I then tell him to please stop playing for the benefit for everyone's intelligence and then slapped him on my ignore list. I pull out Kira, and we finish with ease.

Well, that was a long post.

I would love to see rebuttal posts from the subjects of some of these stories some day.

I will tell you about my first FP run ever then ^^ I don't know if I ended up on this thread but.

I was on Maelstrom Prison SM as my Sent. Cunning Sent. I was also Tanktinel. I ran ahead like mad. I failed hard on every boss. On last boss I needed for scattergun that Scoundrel healer would have needed. He pointed it out but I said something "it's upgrade" (a lot of green numbers!) and walked off.

Now I understand I was total dick (no one had told me about mainstats, ninjaing etc.) and would like to apologize that scoundrel many times if I just remembered his name... After this run I luckily read some guides and became way better player :o I am still ashamed of this case tough :(

Well, Commando dies to fire, and after boss needs to Willpower item. Shadow goes nuts and drops group. I inspect Commandos achievements and notice he is new. I then explain stuff like mainstats. He apologizes his behavior but he can't give blade to Shadow because he is f2p and Shadow is already gone but at least he won't ninja next time

Ah, yeah see that is a major annoyance of mine with F2P as a subscriber... please see this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=746471

And to make this post on topic, I will tell the story of why I did that above thread. I was with some obviously new players that were just needing everything. When I looked at their gear I saw why, their gear was all over the place. So, after explaining everything to them, they said they understood, but then one of them made a mistake and as a warrior needed on a Willpower item... well, he was F2P so couldn't trade it... I went ahead and kept an eye on him the rest of the flashpoint, and he was great from then on... so he really did finally learn... but... he's F2P he can't trade, screws everyone else, doesn't really mean much to him because he got the item.

I would love to see rebuttal posts from the subjects of some of these stories some day.

"Dumb tank refused to guard me (healer) so I just left. Can't stand playing with Know-it-alls that, instead of listening to me, start explaining how the game works. I'm a healer, I know how it works, just guard me and shut up."

"OMG, I had the worst healer ever. When we got to the Wookie boss in Cademimu HM, I guarded him and told him to climb the shuttle. He just stood there. I then climbed the shuttle myself, started jumping and told him to come to me. He then started saying how that's a bad tactic and he knew a better one. Asked him five times to climb the shuttle and he refused. I have no patience for scrubs so I just bailed."

"My healer was a dick too. We loaded the flashpoint and I guarded him immediately. I want me healers to be safe and besides - it's what I do in pvp and everyone loves me. This noob, however, kept dismissing Guard. I kept reapplying it. When we got to the Sandstorm boss, he didn't remove his guard and I thought he finally figured out it was for his protection and learned something. Boy was I wrong. He refused to heal me and I died twice on that fight. When I asked him why he didn't heal me he said it was the surest way to get Guard off. Ignored the noob and left."

Slafko, while your post made me laugh, it was very inaccurate. We are talking about people who're couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, so I doubt their rebuttals would be written like that. Think about some of these mouthbreathing trainwrecks, there is no way they'd manage to produce a coherent text like yours.

Slafko, while your post made me laugh, it was very inaccurate. We are talking about people who're couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, so I doubt their rebuttals would be written like that. Think about some of these mouthbreathing trainwrecks, there is no way they'd manage to produce a coherent text like yours.

I'd rather not have to discover a Rosetta Stone for solving an actual response. Besides it's pretty accurate. :D

I'd rather not have to discover a Rosetta Stone for solving an actual response. Besides it's pretty accurate. :D

Fair enough. Though it is at times fun to read someone trying to explain the tactics for a boss and realise I didn't understand a word. The last time it happened to me I just proceeded with the standard kill order in the boarding party thing in Mando Raiders HM and then got yelled at for killing the Jedi Knight first. Was a peculiar experience.

SM Foundry.

This sorc DPS. I can't even. Goes AFK every 1 minute, spends half the boss fights being AFK, basically just stood still most of the fights and I can't even........

Gotta commend the tank though. He's got to be the most patient tank ever. I put the Sorc DPS on ignore and thanked the tank for sticking around. /sigh

Five minutes of laughter and tears later, I can only thank you for this post and the compliment you've given to my English writing skills. I'm still giggling like an idiot. :D

I shall endeavour to make my next series of rebuttals more authentic and beliveable. :rak_04:

SM Foundry.

This sorc DPS. I literally can't even. Goes AFK every 1 minute, spends half the boss fights being AFK, basically just stood still most of the fights and I literally can't even.....

Fixed. :D

#grammarNazi

Edited by slafko