Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any new or decent armor sets until FTP and the Cartel Shop opens up. They *know* people are willing to shell out cash for clothes and dyes, so from their perspective 'free' armor sets might as well be re-colors.

Some naive person said the, "Bounty Hunter armor doesn't look bad." What the devil you're talking about? It's the same atrocious looking armor they have now, ecept it's a different color.

What the devil is BioWare thinking? Is it too much trouble to come up with new ideas for new armor designs? Fire the people you have now as they're idea of the armor designs they've come up with aren't worth the time they took to put it together.

I knew this was going to just be recolors, and since it is a "sub-tier" rather than a whole new tier (?), that doesn't seem unreasonable.

But the COLORS! :eek: Dear merciful stars, most of the colors they used lead me to believe that the artists:

a) were actively trying to make this gear look unattractive,

b) are color blind, or

c) have an atrocious sense of aesthetics.

I normally try to be gentle with my criticism, but the moment I laid eyes on the "mustard and ketchup" Consular sets -- complete with teal bits on the wrists that were not recolored to coordinate with the new color schemes -- I just couldn't believe that any measure of care and thought was put into these recolors. Which is troubling, considering how much of a ruckus has been raised about endgame armor looks and how we even got an, "Ok, we understand, you guys want nicer looking armor, we'll try harder" type of message from Bioware.

And to temper my criticism with something constructive: might I suggest considering some nice shades of blues and greens, maybe with some cream colors, for the Republic side?

Edited by Gwena

But the COLORS! :eek: Dear merciful stars, most of the colors they used lead me to believe that the artists:

a) were actively trying to make this gear look unattractive,

b) are color blind, or

c) have an atrocious sense of aesthetics.

+1

Given some of the colors in game (e.g. some of that orange-ish / salmon-y colored stuff, especially combined with green) has made me tip on some of this stuff being put together by someone who's colorblind. It's not quite as bad as the pastel clown suits from WoW's Burning Crusade expansion, but still...

Bioware.

Star Wars.

Not World of Warcraft/Everquest/Age of Conan/Warhammer/Guild Wars 2.

I just got the feeling it might have slipped your mind.

Now we return to our regularly scheduled discussion in progress.

I think it needs to be a little bit more obvious.

Star Wars

World of Warcraft - NO

Everquest - NO

Age of Conan - NO

Warhammer - NO

Guild Wars 2 - NO

^ No. Just no.

Its a matter of simple business. Bioware makes a terribley managed product, completely ignores every scream and cry for help from the community to fix it. Then people complain. And you call us cry babies?

Maybe you have forgotten, We pay money to play this game out of our own pockets. At least i do. If i see bioware/EA not giving me my moneys worth (NOT EVEN CLOSE) , you better believe people are going to complain.

You can't if you want to keep the set bonus.

Try again.

Except that you can, starting with Campaign and, according to BW, all new tiers moving forward.

Unless you've already been on 1.4, gotten a piece of the new gear, pulled the armoring out, and seen that the set bonus remained with the shell, try again.

People, people let us be civil here. Let's not compromise their "artistic integrity". Not everyone, of course, would be able to open Paint, ctrl+v in the Black Hole armor models and click on the little bucket icon.

And those of you that say that these armor models don't look futuristic, have you seen the little solar radiator panels on the shoulders of the Jedi Knight armor. They are so environmentally conscious that they are giving us alternative methods to power our armor in order to create a clean Galaxy!

Sarcasm aside, could we finally get armor that didn't come straight out of a fantasy game? Or do you need us to explain the fundamental differences between fantasy and science fiction?

Same for me it seems.

I been as optimistic as I can be with the game, but if this is what we can expect with newer tiers, to just be reskins of previous tier gear. Then I am going to go back and roll a panda. :(

go roll a panda, and be prepared for.....

wait for it....

recolored gear!! :)