augment kit crafing on pts

Migrayn

so we have to craft level 50 gear to RE for mats for MK-6 kits. Makes sense, though sucks from a wasteing materials and the long crafting time on level 50 gear.

But you get rid of the randomness of getting a crit to have a augment slot. That's more valuable.

And how long does it take to craft a green ? IIRC, a purple is around 45 ~ 50 minutes, a blue around 20 ~ 25. A green like 10 ? So if you queue up all your peeps with 5 greens, you'll get 25 units for augment kits in under 1 hour. I don't think that's a lot of time.

quick question on it, i have a bunch of 50 orange light sabers that didn't augment. can i RE those for the 10 materials to be able to give them to someone who can make the augment kits?

No.

Armormechs, armstechs, and synthweavers can RE their items to get the materials to produce augment kits.

The other skills are not involved in this.

No.

Armormechs, armstechs, and synthweavers can RE their items to get the materials to produce augment kits.

The other skills are not involved in this.

Actually, it's unclear whether or not other professions will be able to RE stuff to get the mats. I don't believe they've actually stated they couldn't, and a biochem on PTS reported getting mats from REing an implant. That being said, they won't be able to do anything with them themselves, and those that can will have access to their own supply of kit mats. ('course, they have access to their own supply of regular mats now, and prices on the GTN are STILL rediculously high, so...)

Actually, it's unclear whether or not other professions will be able to RE stuff to get the mats. I don't believe they've actually stated they couldn't, and a biochem on PTS reported getting mats from REing an implant. That being said, they won't be able to do anything with them themselves, and those that can will have access to their own supply of kit mats. ('course, they have access to their own supply of regular mats now, and prices on the GTN are STILL rediculously high, so...)

I'm that Biochem. I'm stockpiling greens as we speak. =) All you need is one friend who can make the actual kits. :)

In the end, I'm not sure if it's wise. I think the cost, material wise, to do it through biochem is more expensive than through other crew skills (i.e., bracers), but I'm not sure.

Greetz from Germany, can confirm that RE Implants will give Mats! Tried it yesterday on the PTR...

RE'ed lvl 49 Green Implant --> Build time ca. 5 mins! Gave me MK6-Augment Mats

Only problem is it's like 8 (expensive) mats compared to an Armomech's cheap belt that requires 4 (cheap Zal Alloy and Durasteel). Hugely cheaper for them. =(

If i craft green bracers/belts in 1.2 before the game gets patched, if i RE these after 1.3 do i get the augment component parts?

Or can i only get these from stuff i craft post-1.3?

According to Dulfy's blog, you can already craft your green items and RE them after 1.3 goes live.

(If you do not know Dulfy's blog (callsign iwipe on these forums) I recommend you check out her blog, always very informative tips)

According to Dulfy's blog, you can already craft your green items and RE them after 1.3 goes live.

(If you do not know Dulfy's blog (callsign iwipe on these forums) I recommend you check out her blog, always very informative tips)

this is correct. Also stockpile some subelectronic data modules, you will need them to craft augment kits. I bought 99 of them while they are cheap and I suppose they will be quite expensive soon as every augment kit maker will need them.

If i craft green bracers/belts in 1.2 before the game gets patched, if i RE these after 1.3 do i get the augment component parts?

Or can i only get these from stuff i craft post-1.3?

Yep, but I'm not sure it's wise to stockpile the greens. Mats stack, greens don't. And it only takes like 3 minutes to make a green belt, so unless you think a couple hours difference in time is gonna matter that much, better to stock lots and lots of mats. ('course, at this point probably not enough time to stockpile THAT much mats...)

Yep, but I'm not sure it's wise to stockpile the greens. Mats stack, greens don't. And it only takes like 3 minutes to make a green belt, so unless you think a couple hours difference in time is gonna matter that much, better to stock lots and lots of mats. ('course, at this point probably not enough time to stockpile THAT much mats...)

You can fit 100x8 for a total of 800 green items in your mailbox. You will make obscene amounts of money selling kits as early as possible, so yes it's worth it so you're not backlogged making greens.

this is correct. Also stockpile some subelectronic data modules, you will need them to craft augment kits. I bought 99 of them while they are cheap and I suppose they will be quite expensive soon as every augment kit maker will need them.

Don't worry, they won't be expensive. There's such a huge glut of them that many people have 1000s of them. 1000 data modules will make 500 augmentation kits.

Don't worry, they won't be expensive. There's such a huge glut of them that many people have 1000s of them. 1000 data modules will make 500 augmentation kits.

better save then sorry. I did that before 1.2, stockpiled zal alloy and ciridium and never regretted it coz I could make full augmented WH gear ASAP + sell a lot early. Now you barely see Zal Alloy on GTN and if you do prices are absurd. Not gonna change tomorrow also as you will need this to make armormech stuff AND augmentation kits (if you are armormech) so the demand for it will double.

Not saying it will happen with data modules as even my alt can farm them but why waste time and/or risk money?

better save then sorry. I did that before 1.2, stockpiled zal alloy and ciridium and never regretted it coz I could make full augmented WH gear ASAP + sell a lot early. Now you barely see Zal Alloy on GTN and if you do prices are absurd. Not gonna change tomorrow also as you will need this to make armormech stuff AND augmentation kits (if you are armormech) so the demand for it will double.

Not saying it will happen with data modules as even my alt can farm them but why waste time and/or risk money?

Heh. I actually bought about 200 full stacks of Smart Cells over the last week. Up until now they've been completely worthless, and the price that they were listed for in the GTN was basically the cost of the diplomacy missions (without the time investment). In 1.3, Ultimate Medpacs and HyperBattle adrenals use these instead of experimental serum. Also, rank 5 biochemicals won't be used any more either, so I sold my entire stock and bought a lot of the cheaper rank 6s instead.

I feel a little bad for the people who bought all my quick-growth agent. =) Suckers!

Anyway, in the best case scenario, I make a modest profit. In the worst case, I have enough smart cells to make medpacs and adrenals for my guild into eternity. Even in the worst case, chances are I could still sell them for about what I paid for them.

Edited by Seront

You can fit 100x8 for a total of 800 green items in your mailbox. You will make obscene amounts of money selling kits as early as possible, so yes it's worth it so you're not backlogged making greens.

True. But there are new schematics coming out via UT. While I will be REing some greens I've stored to send companions out making augment kits, the majority of my companions are going UWT looking for orange bracer/belt schematics. I suspect it'll be more profitable cranking THOSE out. Sell the augmented ones for a nice profit, RE the failures for kit parts. (heck, If I didn't consider it profiteering, I could probably sell the UNaugmented ones for a nice profit, If I get the schematic(s) quick enough)

'Course, I'm also not keen on charging *too* overinflated prices when things first come out. IME that tends to cause people to blacklist you in the future, whereas if you start off with fair prices, you may end up with customers specifically seeking you out. (though I'll admit, the impersonalness of the GTN does harm that whole aspect. Still, I've had it happen.)