Merc or PT?

detowne

I have just re-subbed after about a 7-8 month break. I have a level 50 Merc and a level 46 PT. I like to DPS and that is what I will be doing. I also PvP a lot.

Before I left, Power Tech was a lot of fun in PvP and I liked the play style. PT wasn't so bad at PvE dps either. Is this still true? I am assuming Merc PvE dps will be better but is PT still viable in PvP and as PvE dps? I will mostly be PvPing. Most likely the only PvE I will be doing is dailies and what not. I may get back into raiding at some point when I am comfortable with the game again.

Thank you for your help.

I am curious about this myself. Just came back and I have a 51 Merc but I also have been leveling a PT. I definitely feel quite squishy on the Merc. I'm assuming the Merc does better overall damage but does the PT have much better survivability?

Im in the same boat as you, I have a 35 merc and a 35 PT.

Gonna lvl one of them and mainly play pvp, while lvling I like playing my merc, but like everyone says they can easily be interrupted, tho I read that mercs are getting some love in patch 2.7

Ive been watching some merc pvp videos, and if mercs are left alone they can blow ppl up, but depends on your playing against I guess, someone with half a brain will try and stop the burst.

Are PT's strong in pvp????

Ive been playing some pyro mid lvl pvp on mine, I just feel a bit meh.

My Merc is 52 now. Replacing most of my expertise gear definitely helped quite a bit. Just stuck with main hand weapon because it has such high damage, and also relics which there is nothing even close at my level.

Arena style maps are definitely frustrating but if you have a good healer and a teammate who can peal you will be damage MVP easily. The issue is that, like everyone says on here, you are instantly targeted when the opposing side sees two pistols. I have been swarmed countless times and in that situation there is just nothing you can do, which can become frustrating.