Firebrand and Stormcaller Bug??

Hey guys,

Last night we were trying to progress in EC Story mode. Our guild has downed the tanks before, but we were getting a very strange event happening during defensive systems.

Our healer that is staying on the ground and running around avoiding the electrical discharges would get an electrical discharge to drop on him right during the middle of the defensive systems. We would be fighting the mobs under the shield on the firebrand side just seconds after the defensive systems shields when up, when the electrical discharge would land on the group and it was GG. Our tank on the Stormcaller side was still having discharges spawn on him, so we are not entirely sure what is happening here. It happened 3 times on the boss before we finally decided to call it a night.

Has anyone ever seen this or have an idea as to what might be causing the electrical discharge to spawn on the group? Its almost like Stormcaller is still stuck in phase I while phase II is happening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Freeborne,

Our group makeup is this:

2 Tanks (both Gaurdians)

1 Scoundrel Healer

1 Sage Healer

4 Ranged DPS

We do not have any melee at all.

The Scoundrel Healer is the runner for the electrical discharges and targeted missile shots. He is running around near Firebrand healing the tank on Firebrand and the group near Firebrand. When we go into "Defensive Systems Phase" he's always dropped underneath the shield. The first time he did it the electrical discharge immediately dropped right inside the shield on the Firebrand side and wiped the Firebrand group. The second time he tried to stay outside the shield for a few seconds to make sure it just wasn't a lag issue. We killed one mob inside the shield before the shield dropped right on top of us again. Happened exactly the same way the third time as well.

as a note the first time it happened we were on the third "defensive systems" phase and the first two had gone perfect without issue.

Edited by Crionos

the only way in which stormcaller can drop the spires on the shield phase is by someone having aggro (meaning your healer properly got aggro somehow)

so the most probable answer would be your healer got aggro and your tank taunted it back before it could be noticed by others.

Done EC SM last night with no bug like that all.

make sure your tank is taunting during the defensive system phase

Do these two bosses share an aggro table?? I don't think they do, I would think they have separate Aggro tables. The Scoundrel isn't healing the Stormcaller tank. This would make more sense if the Sage was getting it from healing the Stormcaller Tank. But it always happens when I'm on Firebrand and not Stormcaller. I start on Firebrand myself and then jump to Stormcaller do the defensive system there and then we jump back. Every time it happened it happened when I was tanking Firebrand.

Do these two bosses share an aggro table?? I don't think they do, I would think they have separate Aggro tables. The Scoundrel isn't healing the Stormcaller tank. This would make more sense if the Sage was getting it from healing the Stormcaller Tank. But it always happens when I'm on Firebrand and not Stormcaller. I start on Firebrand myself and then jump to Stormcaller do the defensive system there and then we jump back. Every time it happened it happened when I was tanking Firebrand.

Okay, that's different from how we do it.

We don't tank swap at all for normal mode.

You want your two best dps on Stormcaller. You seem to get the random bubble of death any time stormcaller's health is above firebrands by a certain percentage. Defensive systems is completely controlled by stormcaller's health at 80 60 40 20 so you can always know when it's coming.

Basic strat is two best dps on stormcaller preferably standing on the tanks so they can just do as much dps as possible, then you have a healer or a ranged on the ground doing lighting. During the bubble phase in SM it's easy they are always in the same place in HM the move between 3 locations. So just keep an eye out.

Hopefully knowing that Storcaller's health is the key will help you out.

We've had this happen to us, but we weren't entirely sure what caused it. Our assumption was that our tank was out of LOS (behind one of the trees) and as such the lightning spires picked another target. Since we adjusted where our tanks run around, this has never happened to us again.