Jedi Sentinel Crew Skills

SubztanceZero

Currently running Biochem, Bioanalysis and diplomacy.

Why? Well there is a certain adrenal that is called a triage something adrenal. There are certain levels to it but when you use it if gives you 50% reduction in damage for 10 seconds. I use that and the best learned purple medkit as "oh heck" buttons in fights. I got both of those up to purple so they are reusable.

Bioanalysis is awesome and everyone should take up Slicing while leveling.

The third is up to you. I went with Archaeology to have a third gathering skill while I grind, but I'm thinking of dumping it to get Biochem so I can make some stuff with all the bio mats I've gathered.

I'm running Archeology, Artifice, and Treasure Hunting. I know I keep hearing how awesome biochem is but it sure is nice to be able to constantly upgrade your gear. Hilts, crystals, mods, and offhands for T7 and Kira are a nice way to stay geared considering you're able to keep the same armor throughout the game if you want.

i went with synthweaving, underworld trading and archaeology. assumed most people would be going synthweaving so the responses in this thread so far are reassuring! leveling the gathering skills seems to be sinking a lot of money right now, but i am trying to keep on top of sending my companions on the missions whenever i think of it (when on a taxi or entering a class area or something) so as to not have to spend ages grinding it in the future.

it's good your bank is so big so you can store all the mats, and even better is the fact that you can craft with items that are in your bank, they don't have to be in your inventory.

Artifice with its respective gathering skills here sounded more interesting than making medpacks.

So far its pretty interesting, almost 200 on all of em at 27+.

Seems everything i make is for some levels above my own (crew skills level pretty fast as long as you keep your companions on missions all the time), so i always have my gear equipped with the best.

Edited by Runarc

I'm running Archeology, Artifice, and Treasure Hunting. I know I keep hearing how awesome biochem is but it sure is nice to be able to constantly upgrade your gear. Hilts, crystals, mods, and offhands for T7 and Kira are a nice way to stay geared considering you're able to keep the same armor throughout the game if you want.

I did the same, although I fell behind on Nar Shadaa and have also been fortunate enough to find killer drops.

If you PvP often, it's either Biochem or Cybertech.

If you PvE, Biochem and Cybertech are mostly consumables, so it's mostly end-game money, but still the stuff comes in handy often during leveling too.

Artifice and Synthweaving are mostly for your convenience while leveling, but I wouldn't expect making much money out of those unless you are the only one with a killer schematic.

Currently running Biochem, Bioanalysis and diplomacy.

Why? Well there is a certain adrenal that is called a triage something adrenal. There are certain levels to it but when you use it if gives you 50% reduction in damage for 10 seconds. I use that and the best learned purple medkit as "oh heck" buttons in fights. I got both of those up to purple so they are reusable.

Battle Triage Adrenal. However, it says "reduces damage dealt by 50%".

That sounds like "my" damage will be reduced, otherwise they would have worded it to read "reduces damage taken by 50%".

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks!

To clarify:

All the adrenals give you a boost ... there's some for DPS, some for tanking and ...

That one is for healing. Specifically it buffs your "output" by a ****ton but also reduces your raw damage. This means a healer can use it to boost their healing by a significant amount ... without starting to nuke for 10 billion damage.

It does not reduce incoming damage, based on the wording. Haven't tried it myself ... I'm using Slicing in place of Diplomacy for awhile :D.

biochem/bioana/diplomacy is really good for sents.

The self made healing pots are way WAY way stronger then vendor bought.

Reusable adrenals are key to dps, and are not replaceable by gear.

I have a +216 crit rating for 20s, on a 3min CD reusable adrenal atm on my sent.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I got one of these from a friend, and while the Buffs are nice, I'm running a Marauder and frankly, reducing my damage by 50% is just... not... acceptable.

Plus, I'm a little bemused by how readily everyone accepts the "Cooldown" concept that keeps you from using any other Stim/Adrenal/Medpack for 90 seconds (an eternity in battle). I really don't care for this mechanic at all, and if this wasn't "Star Wars", I wouldn't put up with it. I'm suprised so many Beta testers didn't petition its replacement with something more dynamic.

But, hey, if Salma Hayek snored, I could learn to put up with that, too. :)

Edited by Darion_Leonidas

I lvled to 400 on Artifice, arch, and treasure hunting. I definitely recommend them to sentinels. Great for self modding as stated above. If you're just starting a new sentinel i also recommend using these skills from the very beginning and keep at them while leveling. I could usually make mods a couple levels higher than my char so it gave me time to make them, re-engineer them, and get better versions by the time I could use them.

• 1 year later...

I would like to have my Jedi knight sentinel, to have a yellow color crystal, on both saber. As it stands I have artifice, Archeology, and treasure hunting. I found one yellow gemstone, through treasure hunting, but can't find it again using the same crew skill.

However I do have a schematic for a custom double yellow lightsaber, but I need to get my Artifice skill to 100 in order to equip and use it

Edited by Freesa