Barsen'thor vs Hero of Tython

rngeasterling

maybe you should understand that even the smuggler could have saved tatooine.

the consular gained an important alliance for the republic and defeated the empire's sleeping agents,killing a host body of a big bad guy isn't a big feat,i could give the edge to the knight if he KILLED the actual emperor,but nope,just a host with a fraction of the emperor's actual power.

Not really, since last time I checked, the Smuggler doesn't do anything that helped avoid the same kind of thing that befell Alderaan in The New Hope. The JK on the other hand did, concerning Tatooine in Act 1.

Sith Warrior spoiler that pertains to the JK story:

The Jedi Knight didn't kill the Emperor. The Emperor is just fine and off wherever he is building strength for when we get some expansion where he's the big bad. The Jedi Knight just killed his Voice. The fact that the Emperor is still alive is hinted at when you finish Kira's storyline. The Jedi Knight's impact on the galaxy is overstated for that reason, he gives the Republic an edge in the war because of the power struggle when the Emperor is "defeated" but the Consular keeps the Republic together and gets rid of that whole Children of the Emperor thing.

Anyway, canon wise, don't really see an edge to either one. The JK's big thing is that he can resist the Emperor's mind control ability. The Consular is just great with the Force and knows that healing ritual thing that no one else knows. Neither of those really give an advantage to a 1 v 1 matchup.

the barsen'thor is WAAAAAAY more powerful in the force compared to the hero of tython.

I agree, but as we have seen in The Emperor Vs. Mace all that power isn’t any good when the guy with the lightsabre doesn’t give you a chance to use it.

While it's not canon in the slightest? I'm a Shadow with no alts...and I killed the Emperor for the second time last night. Y'see, I campaign with Knights, and twice they've invited me along on their challenge to Darth Cthulu.

I was expecting to be the squishy one. Not the case. Both times, here's the Guardian taking a nap on the floor, and Cthulu eats my double-bladed saber.

Overall, it's a wash. The Knight's the "Chosen One," the celebrity, the guy who is going to be famous. They get bloodstripes on Corellia. They get a Sith Pureblood to switch sides. They kill several Darths and shut down massive superweapons. They go right up to Darth Cthulu and banish him, beating back the threat to all life. Their life will be made into dozens of holofilms. Their name will be a rallying cry for the Order. They're liable to have a statue in the rebuilt Jedi Temple on Coruscant and their life used as an example for generations of Padawans.

The Consular might be remembered only for their title, maybe an obscure footnote in the Jedi archives. It's not their name that's going to hit the history books. The Consular is the one who works behind the scenes, taking out the sneaky enemies, assassins, and Darth Cthulu's Manchurian Agent network. They're the ones who stabilize the political situation of the planets the other three Republic classes will visit, recruit badly needed allies, and make sure that Knight fights one enemy at a time instead of a dozen he can't see. Breaking the whole Children of the Emperor network also helps the Knight, doubly so if the Knight's a guy with a forbidden romance going on. Now, he won't have to worry about Kira.

While it's not canon in the slightest? I'm a Shadow with no alts...and I killed the Emperor for the second time last night. Y'see, I campaign with Knights, and twice they've invited me along on their challenge to Darth Cthulu.

I was expecting to be the squishy one. Not the case. Both times, here's the Guardian taking a nap on the floor, and Cthulu eats my double-bladed saber.

Overall, it's a wash. The Knight's the "Chosen One," the celebrity, the guy who is going to be famous. They get bloodstripes on Corellia. They get a Sith Pureblood to switch sides. They kill several Darths and shut down massive superweapons. They go right up to Darth Cthulu and banish him, beating back the threat to all life. Their life will be made into dozens of holofilms. Their name will be a rallying cry for the Order. They're liable to have a statue in the rebuilt Jedi Temple on Coruscant and their life used as an example for generations of Padawans.

The Consular might be remembered only for their title, maybe an obscure footnote in the Jedi archives. It's not their name that's going to hit the history books. The Consular is the one who works behind the scenes, taking out the sneaky enemies, assassins, and Darth Cthulu's Manchurian Agent network. They're the ones who stabilize the political situation of the planets the other three Republic classes will visit, recruit badly needed allies, and make sure that Knight fights one enemy at a time instead of a dozen he can't see. Breaking the whole Children of the Emperor network also helps the Knight, doubly so if the Knight's a guy with a forbidden romance going on. Now, he won't have to worry about Kira.

And... if both are truly Jedi, the "power struggle" here presented is irrelevant. They are working together, in complete sync. "There's no chaos, there's harmony", says the Jedi Code.

I've always imagine that my JK and JC were pretty much bros. And where I could see my SW and SI come to blows over something, I don't imagine these two would ever leap to that conclusion. Besides, you know what's better than one supremely powerful Jedi?

Two.

I've always imagine that my JK and JC were pretty much bros.

In fact my JK and JC are twins. I used almost the exact same customization except mustashe and eye colors. And of course in my legacy I made them brothers.

Edited by Merras

Are you just picking the second option each time?

Personally I pick the Barsen'thor, yes it's a silly name, the the Jedi Consular brings in several factions under the Republic banner, while performing a number of missions that weaken the Empire, he also saves the entire Jedi order from the control of a Sith Sorceror who possesses others (Plague master). These might not be an epic adventure exactly, but they do help turn the course of the war back to the Republics favour.

HoT saved Tython from Angral. And stopped 3(?)ish super weapons that would destroy planets in one flick of a switch

then you know stopped the Emperor from devouring the galaxy

• 4 weeks later...

I finaly played both stories. At first i thought the hero of typhon was more stronger. Now im not so sure, my meaning is there is nothing that says that the consular wont do the same, if not even better. barsenthor is actualy meant to be a prodigy of the order

Playing both characters made me realized that their achievements one without the other, their victories alone are rather pointless or incomplete, they both save the galaxy in on their own way.

Lets not forget that the consular, was the youngest jedi to date on the old republic to become a master, the title barsenthor "warden of the jedi order" being the third jedi to recieve this title only means its up there to the elite of the elite amoung the jedi order, I think of Nomi sunrider, or Odan urr. (probably) i dont know what are the others barsenthors. But the fact alone that the consular is certainly a force to recon with.

Also i would like to point out that game mechanics are a poor way to measure this character skils, im certain the hero of typhon is meant to be strong with the force as well, and the barsenthor to have great skill with the lightsaber too. Its not very wise to think otherwise.

Emperors Wrath FTW!! oh wait it wasnt an option?? well probably for the best cuz no one can match him in terms of power anyway...
Hum lets not get carried away, i love my juggernaut no doubt, but as achievements is concerned, meh he killed baras, sure, but overall i think it pales incomparisson to barsenthor and hero of typhon achievments.

HoT saved Tython from Angral. And stopped 3(?)ish super weapons that would destroy planets in one flick of a switch

then you know stopped the Emperor from devouring the galaxy

And barsenthor save all of the jedi from a plague that would eventualy consume all jedi or force user in time. Including the hero of typhon. He Mastered a technique shielding/healing that no jedi had before without killing himself, he is the perfect anti darkness jedi stereotype. Just like Nomi sunrider if i recall.

Later on he basicaly save the republic from falling apart, and i mean on larger scale.

From the lore perspective its quite plausable that the consular could do what the hero of typhon had done.

I also came to conclusion that the consular story it makes more sense from a jedi perspective. i mean having kira as your padawan right away is strange.

Edited by Spartanik

I can't really tell you which one would win. The Jedi Council both have said the hero of Tython and Barsen'thor have a very powerful connection to the force, so we know there powerful force wielders. However in terms of lightsaber combat I would say the hero Tython is Probably a better Lightsaber master. When comes to using the force I would same hero of tython is decent, but barsen'thor is A lot better in compare.

I can't really tell you which one would win. The Jedi Council both have said the hero of Tython and Barsen'thor have a very powerful connection to the force, so we know there powerful force wielders. However in terms of lightsaber combat I would say the hero Tython is Probably a better Lightsaber master. When comes to using the force I would same hero of tython is decent, but barsen'thor is A lot better in compare.

Those are in game classes characteristics. Not realy character characteristics.

I don't think it's fair to count the Barsenthor out just because the story doesn't add up. I bet the JC could have accomplished the JK storyline if given the chance. I think someone who wields the power of the force wholly would crush someone who focused their skills in combat.

Not only is the JC smart, learned, and clever, they are super powerful. I just think they have a bigger bag of tricks.

Isn't the JK potentially the most powerful character in SWTOR by the end of the class story. The scope of the story and the quality of the opponents just seems unrivaled compared to the other stories I've played.

Don't get me wrong, the JC also feels powerful, but in more of a specialized way. Not nearly up to the JK in overall fighting prowess.