Every class at 15, not sure what to do/pick

NoTTaShoT

I seriously have every class, and every class with both sub specs for both empire and republic sitting at or around 13-16 but can't seem to get myself to play one. I tend to just get bored and make another one, rinse and repeat.

I loved beta, I played it non stop and had a BH in the 40s right before live.

I can't seem to get that urge to level one specific class, I like them all for some reasons and hate them all for some reasons (abilities/play style)

not sure what to do, I njoy the game but can't get that "umph" to want to level one class all the way up.

any tips?:(:confused:

Playing to 15 will tell you very little about a class, most classes you need to get a 31 point talent before it feels like a proper class, so if you don't like it by level 40, then yeah roll something else.

If you do not have the conviction to level a class to 50 then maybe MMO's are not for you.

Edited by System_TOR

This isn't really something that someoen else can tell you. The only advice I would have is to first figure out what role you would like to fill, then keep trying all the classes that apply to that role.

I've got a sniper, jugg, assassin and merc to 50, and they all have their ups and downs, but at the end of the day I love playing them all.

so play them as you feel like it.

I have one of every class...not every spec..but every class..(though I'll prob have multiple same-class-diff-spec if we get more server char slots with 1.2)

they're all now finished with chapter 1..7 chars 31-32...the 8th char is now 40 and I've started working on a different alt.

just play them as you feel like...or do what I did and pick one and focus on it till chapter 1 is done..play another...alternate rep/emp for some variety.

other than that..as said..no one can really tell you what class you'll like the most.

Level them all up to the point where they all have their ships. At least this will allow you to explore the galaxy and see where their class stories are taking them. By that time it's just a question of what your play style is. You like being in a mob's face? You like raining fireworks from afar? You enjoy managing a party's health? You enjoy managing mobs and moving them around like chess pieces? You like stealth? Or you just like blowing stuff up? Go visceral first. Edited by GalacticKegger

My advise would be focus on one for now, see where the class story takes you and get to a point where you unlock the legacy system and can create a legacy surname then re-examine which to focus on fully after.

Unless the behaviour has already changed and legacy unlocks straight away and you begin collecting legacy XP from the get go, your essentially losing out in legacy progression by levelling all classes to 15 and stopping.

Reason being that once you have unlocked the legacy system and created a legacy name, any character you do play will contribute experience to your global legacy xp pool, making it that much easier for you to access new legacy content in 1.2 and future updates without the hefty 1mil+ credit price tag you'll have to pay to unlock otherwise.

Edited by Tikigit

I can sympathize. I think I had five classes to twenty or so before I hit my groove. Right now I'm at level 48 with my gunslinger and wishing I had more than just two levels to go.

For me, it was a mix of finding the right story and voice acting, class mechanics, and hitting my stride in pvp.

For voice acting, the female smuggler voice acting just clicked with me better than the male. It helps when listening to all those conversations to have a voice you like listening to.

I don't know how you feel about pvp, but you really get a feel for a class and how it plays in the fluid and challenging situations in pvp. I fell in love with my gunslinger once I started to really test what she could do.

For many of my characters, I avoid unecessary elite and strong enemies and go the route of least resistence. But with my gunslinger, I go for the hardest enemies I can find, just to see if I can.

Hope you can find your Star Wars sweet spot, too!

P.S. I also really like the "take a break" idea.