new augments

Dodgefella

I think the problem is that the Dev's have put the wrong schematics on some or all of the trainers.

For the new '236' Augs I have:

Accuracy

Mastery

Shield

On my Armstech >.<

Mastery Augs would normally be on Synthweaving if I recall correctly, and Shield should definitely be on Armormech.

:eek:

Edited by jojobanutz

For the new Legendary augments (236),

Armstech has:

Accuracy

Shield

Versatile

Synthweaving has:

Critical

Redoubt

Armormech has:

Absorb

Alacrity

They cost about 10k to learn the schematic from the trainer and to craft one augment requires:

2 Signal Disruptor (Grade 10 purple slicing mat)

2 Code Recombinator (Grade 10 blue slicing mat)

5 Infused Assembly Component

1 Encrypted Memory Core (***NEW*** - Grade 10 purple mat from Command Crates or Master Mode Operations)

2 Charged Matter Transubstantiator (***NEW*** - Grade 10 purple mat from Command Crates or Group Ranked PvP - get 1 for group ranked daily mission and 5 for group ranked weekly mission)

? bug - the new activity menu says you can get one Encrypted Memory Core as a daily reward from Master Mode Flashponts

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

So,

It looks like two types of Aug are completely AWOL: Overkill (Power) and Fortitude (Endurance). Both of which would normally be Armstech.

And going by the above post, of the seven types we do have, three of them appear to have been allocated to the wrong Crew Skills.

Armstech has:

Accuracy

Shield - Should be Armormech

Versatile - Should be Armormech

Synthweaving has:

Critical

Redoubt

Armormech has:

Absorb

Alacrity - Should be Synthweaving

:confused:

Edited by jojobanutz

So,

It looks like two types of Aug are completely AWOL: Overkill (Power) and Fortitude (Endurance).

And going by the above post, of the seven types we do have, four of them have been allocated to the wrong Crew Skills.

Armstech has:

Accuracy

Versatile - Should be Synthweaving

Synthweaving has:

Critical

Redoubt - Should be Armormech

Armormech has:

Absorb

:confused:

Well your list is inaccurate:

228 augments were are as follows:

Armstech:

Accuracy

Overkill

Fortitude

Armormech:

Versatile

Shield

Absorb

Syntheweaving

Critical

Alacrity

Redoubt

Therefore 236 list should look like:

Armstech has:

Accuracy

Versatile - Should be Armormech

Synthweaving has:

Critical

Redoubt

Armormech has:

Absorb

If they removed Overkill and Fortitude on purpose - no idea why they sold well but whatever - then Armstech lost two of its three augments and should be compensated. I disagree with HOW they reshuffled but, as someone with all three (in fact all six) crafting skills, this does not hurt me one bit.

Edited by psandak

I can confirm you do get one Encrypted Memory Core as a daily groupfinder reward for Master Mode Flashpoints. Whether that is intended or not I guess we will find out as the item only lists is sources as Command Crates and Master Mode Operation, not Flashpoints, when you mouseover it. Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

If they removed Overkill and Fortitude on purpose - no idea why they sold well but whatever - then Armstech lost two of its three augments and should be compensated. I disagree with HOW they reshuffled but, as someone with all three (in fact all six) crafting skills, this does not hurt me one bit.

I suspect they wanted to reduce the number of augments to make gearing easier. The lack of 236 Fortitude augments also serves as a minor skank-tank nerf for PvP.

The shuffling is something I disagree with however, I would have went with:

Armormech: Shield, Absorb

Synthweaving: Critical, Alacrity

Armstech: Mastery, Accuracy, Defense

That way at least the key augments remain on their original professions, so people who leveled them up expecting certain augments don't end up disappointed.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I suspect they wanted to reduce the number of augments to make gearing easier. The lack of 236 Fortitude augments also serves as a minor skank-tank nerf for PvP.

The shuffling is something I disagree with however, I would have went with:

Armormech: Shield, Absorb

Synthweaving: Critical, Alacrity

Armstech: Mastery, Accuracy, Defense

That way at least the key augments remain on their original professions, so people who leveled them up expecting certain augments don't end up disappointed.

I agree with you that they shuffled wrong, but it is what it is.

I was wondering why I couldn't find the Overkill augment. I use those for pvp. :mad: With Fortitude augs, well that's the only legit way to make a tank in pvp. Shield/absorb/defense are basically useless. So hopefully it was just an oversight and we will get those.

By the way, it looks like you can get Charged Matter Transubstantiator from the solo ranked daily and weekly. It's not just a group ranked thing. You get 1 for the solo ranked daily and 5 for the solo ranked weekly. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the solo ranked daily and weekly are bugged: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9484551#edit9484551

Edited by teclado

• 2 weeks later...

why are you guys selling mats for more credits than the finished superior augment 46's are selling for on the GTN? LOLz - the augments are selling for around $4M each, and the two Charged Matter Transubstantiators alone are going for $4M ($2M apiece) on top of what it costs to craft the yellow assembly components, and what the other mats like encrypted memory cores ($400K each) sell for.

it'll cost me $85M credits or so to craft a full 14-augment set for myself that would only have a value of around $55M. they've been around for a month or so now, so there's been plenty of time for the GTN to correct from early overpricing and folks not knowing how to properly value things. imagine if the real world worked this way, and it cost FORD $50,000 dollars worth of steel and rubber and plastic to make a car they could only sell for $28,000??

this is just perfect. why the hell are overkill+fortitude augments missing?

Not missing, just never included. It's not a bug, It's on purpose.

Think about it this way: how many complaints would there be seeing three stats on all the other augments and only two on overkill and fortitude?

why are you guys selling mats for more credits than the finished superior augment 46's are selling for on the GTN? LOLz - the augments are selling for around $4M each, and the two Charged Matter Transubstantiators alone are going for $4M ($2M apiece) on top of what it costs to craft the yellow assembly components, and what the other mats like encrypted memory cores ($400K each) sell for.

it'll cost me $85M credits or so to craft a full 14-augment set for myself that would only have a value of around $55M. they've been around for a month or so now, so there's been plenty of time for the GTN to correct from early overpricing and folks not knowing how to properly value things. imagine if the real world worked this way, and it cost FORD $50,000 dollars worth of steel and rubber and plastic to make a car they could only sell for $28,000??

I could care less about relative pricing here. The costs per Aug are far beyond reasonable, so I'm gonna completely skip them. If anyone should consider me not viable for certain challenges, so be it. 4,5 Million per Aug, insane, utterly insane...

I could care less about relative pricing here. The costs per Aug are far beyond reasonable, so I'm gonna completely skip them. If anyone should consider me not viable for certain challenges, so be it. 4,5 Million per Aug, insane, utterly insane...

Honestly, no worse than the 250k for rating 156 augments in 1.2 (when augmentation slot kits became available). But I completely agree that right now they ain't worth it. Give it time, as materials for become more abundant prices will fall, but I would not expect the price of the augments to fall much below 1 million when all is said and done for the simple fact that the materials required are "exotic".

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, no worse than the 250k for rating 156 augments in 1.2 (when augmentation slot kits became available). But I completely agree that right now they ain't worth it. Give it time, as materials for become more abundant prices will fall, but I would not expect the price of the augments to fall much below 1 million when all is said and done for the simple fact that the materials required are "exotic".

Exactly. - And further to that, most crafters have a lot of money already- and if the ops groups I join on a daily basis are anything to go by, not many people have the top-rated gear, let alone the augments to go with them.

Craft other stuff for the money, open a lot of command crates for the MTs and always craft with a level 50 companion,

- But also keep an eye on the GTN, since prices can fluctuate by +/- 1/2 million or so in a few hours.

But also keep an eye on the GTN, since prices can fluctuate by +/- 1/2 million or so in a few hours.

Not to mention that posting errors occur and people don't realize they posted wrong. I picked up a Superior Crit Aug for 46,000 a few days ago.

Got to pay attention to how many zeros ya put before you post.