Is anything going to be done so that guild conquests aren't quantity > quality?

CaptainDiomedes

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or are all the future conquests also going to be decided by which guild has more 55s speedrunning a level 10 flashpoint?

What would you suggest exactly? What type of "activity" can you think of that rewards all players who participate AND rewards their guild, that doesn't favor numbers?

I apologize for my ignorance, since quite frankly I really didn't check Conquests on the PTS and I always forget they're there but...

The content for Conquests doesn't scale, depending on the character's level? There are rewards there for LV55's running LV10's flashpoints ? :confused:

What would you suggest exactly? What type of "activity" can you think of that rewards all players who participate AND rewards their guild, that doesn't favor numbers?

I'm of the opinion that each guild's conquest should be scored based on the points of the top 100 (or more) legacies in the guild.

You can disagree or agree with the above, it's subjective, but it's just my opinion.

However I think it's really silly that this week's conquest is going to be decided by which guild is going to have the most 55s speedrunning. They should have kept the daily reward requirement for conquest points like last week because this is simply absurd.

The content for Conquests doesn't scale, depending on the character's level? There are rewards there for LV55's running LV10's flashpoints ? :confused:

Yes. Esseles / Black Talon Story Mode rewards 2k conquest points per run, repeatable.

Yes. Esseles / Black Talon Story Mode rewards 2k conquest points per run, repeatable.

That makes it feel even more nonsensical. Those have HM versions at LV50; Seriously... They couldn't be bothered to scale them accordingly, taking into account the character level?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

That makes it feel even more nonsensical. Those have HM versions at LV50; Seriously... They couldn't be bothered to scale them accordingly, taking into account the character LV?

Well you can run either. Nothing is stopping folks from running the level 50 HM version other than they want to farm more efficiently.

It's perfectly understandable why they did it this way. By having Esseles/BT in the rotation of tasks, you can ensure that everyone in a guild who is past their starter world can contribute. However, allowing 55s in 180 gear to get so many points from that FP is problematic, but the cure could wind up creating more problems than it solves.

I'm of the opinion that each guild's conquest should be scored based on the points of the top 100 (or more) legacies in the guild.

You can disagree or agree with the above, it's subjective, but it's just my opinion.

However I think it's really silly that this week's conquest is going to be decided by which guild is going to have the most 55s speedrunning. They should have kept the daily reward requirement for conquest points like last week because this is simply absurd.

How is that any different than it is? A guild with 100 LEGACIES, will kick ***! 100 legacies is 100 different players, all contributing to the guild.

Again, please give me some examples of things that wouldn't benefit the largest guilds unevenly?

Well you can run either. Nothing is stopping folks from running the level 50 HM version other than they want to farm more efficiently.

Sure you can.

However, from the limited knowledge I have of Conquests, people are running stuff on a timetable. As such, it is fair to assume that everyone will go for the least time consuming option, NOT the opposite.

(...) It's perfectly understandable why they did it this way. By having Esseles/BT in the rotation of tasks, you can ensure that everyone in a guild who is past their starter world can contribute. However, allowing 55s in 180 gear to get so many points from that FP is problematic, but the cure could wind up creating more problems than it solves.

Again, the cure is simple: Have the flashpoints scale accordingly, depending on the character level, especially when there's a LV 50 or 55 HM version of it.

If there's no such thing, introduce a new challenge, conquest perk or whatever altogether.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have to disagree with your fundamental premise. It is OK for the game to reward large guilds for having large numbers in certain types of game content.

Conquest is meant for large guilds. Until this point there has been almost nothing in the game for these types of players. Given the difficulty of managing a large guild, it was a penalty to have a large number of members with no reward.

There is still plenty of content in the game for smaller guilds and solo players.

I have to disagree with your fundamental premise. It is OK for the game to reward large guilds for having large numbers in certain types of game content.

Conquest is meant for large guilds. Until this point there has been almost nothing in the game for these types of players. Given the difficulty of managing a large guild, it was a penalty to have a large number of members with no reward.

There is still plenty of content in the game for smaller guilds and solo players.

Quoted because I like your signature.

The largest guilds should also have the largest amount of good players to select from to do the most challenging things. Having a large guild is its own reward.

TOFN has an imperial guild Honour who is going to win every planet they land on. It is the truth as nobody can keep up with them. What many have done is this opportunistic thing : park an alt in Honour and adding their little bee work to the hive :D. This guild is running 70+ members a day farming to win. Good for them and the fact that NIM progression is not included in this planetary conquest will bring forth quantity and not quality.

We could catch up and get a huge amount of points from DP/DF NiM but why should BW allow that when we can farm level 10 flashpoints with all our alts and wait for honour to do the same? :rolleyes:

Conquests like many things in this game are simply broken and favour the sheep guilds ;)

Unfortunately, the way conquests were designed, there's really no way for a small guild of, say, 40 or so players, with maybe half being fairly active (the size of my guild) can compete with a guild with 200 active players. I can farm every single minute I'm online, but I'm still limited to one account at a time. That's the reality.

The specific repeatable content does not really matter. No matter what the "most efficient" means of getting points is in any given week, that's where the top guilds will focus. So last week it was farming kills, and this week it's BT/Esseles. Next week it will be something else instead. Even if they remove those next time or make them non-repeatable, people will just move on to the next most efficient task. Heck, top out the number of points any given legacy and/or character can add, and it's just going to go to who gets there first, which is again going to favor larger guilds.

In the end, the conquest goes to the guild with the largest number of efficient farmers.

It might become less of an issue as conquests progress. Once the big guilds have fully farmed all of the achievements they will probably settle into controlling one planet full time instead.

Smaller guilds need to either grow or adjust their expectations to meet their size. Like every decision in an MMO, it's a trade off.

Maybe somewhere down the line they could add some sort of alliance mechanics, to allow multiple small guilds to work together on a specific conquest, but the mechanics for that would be complicated. (Especially if you want to avoid large guilds working together to get the same advantage.) I just don't see that happening soon.

TOFN has an imperial guild Honour who is going to win every planet they land on. It is the truth as nobody can keep up with them. What many have done is this opportunistic thing : park an alt in Honour and adding their little bee work to the hive :D. This guild is running 70+ members a day farming to win. Good for them and the fact that NIM progression is not included in this planetary conquest will bring forth quantity and not quality.

We could catch up and get a huge amount of points from DP/DF NiM but why should BW allow that when we can farm level 10 flashpoints with all our alts and wait for honour to do the same? :rolleyes:

Conquests like many things in this game are simply broken and favour the sheep guilds ;)

Really... as if having the best gear, the unique mounts, and the prestige of Nightmare Modes isn't enough, now you want them to be the bunker buster point scorers for conquests.

Personally, I like that there are different planets with different bonuses and strategies to which planet to invade, what actions to get points, etc... and not just, "Who is best at PVE"

Really... as if having the best gear, the unique mounts, and the prestige of Nightmare Modes isn't enough, now you want them to be the bunker buster point scorers for conquests.

Personally, I like that there are different planets with different bonuses and strategies to which planet to invade, what actions to get points, etc... and not just, "Who is best at PVE"

Seems far more sensible and fair than speedrunning a LV10 FP at LV55 and being rewarded for it.

Anyone can do the above but NiM LV55 runs? Yeahhh, right.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Seems far more sensible and fair than speedrunning a LV10 FP at LV55 and being rewarded for it.

Anyone can do the above but NiM LV55 runs? Yeahhh, right.

Not really... besides, what does Dread Fortress NiM have to do with the Clash in Hyperspace?

Esseles and Black Talon = Flashpoints in space...

The Black Hole, a starship fueling facility...

Galactic Starfighter... 'nuff said

So why during a week of space related events, should DF NiM score highly other than to stroke the ego of nightmare completion teams?

Edited by azudelphi

Not really... besides, what does Dread Fortress NiM have to do with the Clash in Hyperspace?

Esseles and Black Talon = Flashpoints in space...

The Black Hole, a starship fueling facility...

Galactic Starfighter... 'nuff said

So why during a week of space related events, should DF NiM score highly other than to stroke the ego of nightmare completion teams?

All I'm saying is the same I said earlier: Content should scale or change accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters.

DF and DP NiM is both challenging and it is LV55 content for... LV55's. Alas, BT and Esseles SM are NOT. It's just silly.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

All I'm saying is the same I said earlier: Content should scale accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters.

DF and DP NiM is both challenging and it is LV55 content for... LV55's. Alas, BT and Esseles SM are NOT. It's just silly.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but why should content scale accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters? Specifically, I mean.

Or are all the future conquests also going to be decided by which guild has more 55s speedrunning a level 10 flashpoint?

There are about a dozen different ways to amass conquest points. Some repeatable, some not.

If you make everything one-time only, larger guilds still have a huge advantage by so many members having multiple characters at the level cap.

And why exactly should an 8 person guild with just enough people to put together an op be on par with a 100+ person guild with 8 - 10 operation teams as well as many casual players?

I was in one of those "quality" guilds. I actually joined after half of the original group quit the game after racing a single character through 50 levels, being the first on the Telos Restoration Project server to beat Soa, and promptly got bored and quit the game. By August, a few more had quit. By merging with another small guild, we were able to keep doing ops (when everyone showed up) for a few more months, until eventually merging into a larger guild.

Of that original 8, I only know of 1 who still plays at all.

I think your definition of "quality" may be off. Which player of that old guild should Bioware be more interested in?

The highly talented gamers who got bored and quit after a few months with the honor of claiming server first to down Soa?

Or the casual gamer with moderate ability who both subscribes (continuous from day 1), and occasionally buys some CC's for giggles?

All I'm saying is the same I said earlier: Content should scale or change accordingly, taking into account the level of the characters.

Scale? How? What else scales in this game that you think they can do this?

There's a guild on our server (I'm not going to mention the name) that is considered the worst across Imps and Reps. They have a full 500 members and don't allow alts in the guild. They are dreaded in PvE, lose the vast majority of their warzones and their open-world PvP is beyond pitiful.

However, they are millions above the second place all the time simply because of the fact that they have the largest amount of people farming a level 10 flashpoint. How this can be considered a healthy way of compelting conquests is BEYOND me.

There's a guild on our server (I'm not going to mention the name) that is considered the worst across Imps and Reps. They have a full 500 members and don't allow alts in the guild. They are dreaded in PvE, lose the vast majority of their warzones and their open-world PvP is beyond pitiful.

However, they are millions above the second place all the time simply because of the fact that they have the largest amount of people farming a level 10 flashpoint. How this can be considered a healthy way of compelting conquests is BEYOND me.

Guild in Question:

- sucks at PVE

- sucks at PVP

- sucks at owPVP

- good at conquests

For conquests, only the last item matters. Healthy doesn't matter. If that's their approach, then it's up to others to either find the proper counter... or beat them at their own game.

Edited by azudelphi

Guild in Question:

- sucks at PVE

- sucks at PVP

- sucks at owPVP

- has the manpower for conquests

Healthy doesn't matter. If that's their approach, then it's up to others to either find the proper counter... or beat them at their own game.

Or simply avoid whatever planet that they're going for that week.