Augment Kit Mk-6

Vereg

So after all the whining about augmentation kit prices i did some research and a bit of mathematics, based on the lowest possible price for raw materials on the GTN for Freedon Nadd, and this is what i got for my Synthweaver.

22 Upari Crystals = 52800 (@2400 per unit GTN price)

22 Primeval Artifact = 40810 (@1855 per unit GTN price)

22 Cortosis Substrate = 8800 (@400 per unit crafting vendor price)

2 Subelectronic data module = 1600 (@800 per unit GTN price)

This gives a grand total of 104010 per Mk-6 augment kit just to craft it. Ignore the 30 minute craft time, i have no idea how to add value to that.

Points of interest:

- These are the LOWEST material prices on the GTN at present, their is usually only one or two items listed at this price, so my calculation is favouring the low side.

- Subelectronic data modules are a grade 6 blue slicing component, yet sell for less than a half of the price of the primeval artifacts, a grade 6 green archeology material.

Obviously this is purchasing everything off the GTN, rather than running missions, i'm going to look at mission/material costs later today when i get more time, but i expect that to be cheaper.

22 Upari Crystals = Free for Archeology

22 Primeval Artifact = Free for Archeology

so only 10400 with your math

Free is subjective, you pay for crew skill missions, hence why i stated I'd be looking at the cost of missions later.

The only way to get those materials free is to run the planets and gather manually, i don't see anyone doing that.

So after all the whining about augmentation kit prices i did some research and a bit of mathematics, based on the lowest possible price for raw materials on the GTN for Freedon Nadd, and this is what i got for my Synthweaver.

22 Upari Crystals = 52800 (@2400 per unit GTN price)

22 Primeval Artifact = 40810 (@1855 per unit GTN price)

This gives a grand total of 104010 per Mk-6 augment kit just to craft it. Ignore the 30 minute craft time, i have no idea how to add value to that.

Points of interest:

- These are the LOWEST material prices on the GTN at present, their is usually only one or two items listed at this price, so my calculation is favouring the low side.

- Subelectronic data modules are a grade 6 blue slicing component, yet sell for less than a half of the price of the primeval artifacts, a grade 6 green archeology material.

Obviously this is purchasing everything off the GTN, rather than running missions, i'm going to look at mission/material costs later today when i get more time, but i expect that to be cheaper.

Why are you posting GTN prices for aug kit components? when I bet all servers are over inflated. You're a Synthweaver you say, get the components yourself at a fraction of the cost. Items lvl 47 to 50 can be made and RE for the aug kit components. Make your best/least cost ratio item and RE, or get a friend to make a better lower component cost to make the components.

These aug kits for MK-6 since thats what most all want now isnt that expensive to make. If you consider having to RE 10 green items to get 1 aug kit cheap.

The economoy for these items are high now because everyone wants them plain and simple. Making the aug kits just takes time to make needing 10 items per aug kit.

That was the point of my closing statement, I'm working on the mission based costs now, and will have some proper figures shortly.

I'm just curious as to the attitude of purchasers that think a augment kit that takes so many resources to make should be priced lower than the augments that go in it, that barely come close to a quarter of the resource cost.

It also makes me chuckle seeing the kits go up for less than 60k, as its quite possible these are being sold at a loss.

EvE ruined me, it made me count numbers when i play games... dammit.

He was quite correct to quote GTN prices for the materials. If you value them at less when pricing your kits for sale then you are losing money because you could have got more by simply selling the raw materials instead.

Free is subjective, you pay for crew skill missions, hence why i stated I'd be looking at the cost of missions later.

The only way to get those materials free is to run the planets and gather manually, i don't see anyone doing that.

Just doing class quests would take you to all the planets therefore you could gather materials for only the price of getting there in your starship.

Just doing class quests would take you to all the planets therefore you could gather materials for only the price of getting there in your starship.

The only planets to find grade 6 materials reliably are Ilum and the Black Hole area of Corellia. You can find a few nodes in the higher areas of Belsavis and very few in greater Corellia.

Gathering also takes a fair amount of time. Additionally you often have to clear level 50 mobs from around the nodes. Then there is this other small issue called resource competition. Other players also harvest. To top it off you usually get only 2-3 archeology materials per node.

If you think that is either cheap or free there is a problem with your economics. Time is money and you obviously haven't spent much time harvesting grade 6 mats if you think you can find that many while doing class quests.

If you think it's that easy to gather materials for free in the 50 worlds, go try it. The number of nodes combined with the number of players in the area (especially the PvP zones) makes this a pointless exercise most of the time. I'm sure this would be a viable option on a dead server, but on Freedon Nadd at least, it's not a practical strategy.

On the plus side, my numbers for crafting from mission run materials is coming up showing a potential crafting cost of between 15-30k depending on mission criticals etc...

So yes, you can craft them cheaper, however that raises the question of why you'd bother. As someone already said in the thread, you can make more than that selling the materials individually to crafters. Making an Augment kit at this price gives you a value of around 300 credits for your archeology materials, which is a complete waste given that the lowest cost crystal on the GTN is usually around 1400 credits. Why use up 44 Archeology resources to make a 40-50k augment kit when you could sell those 44 resources individually at 1000 creds a piece and still be undercutting the market?

Edited by Vereg

As someone already said in the thread, you can make more than that selling the materials individually to crafters.

That's assuming you'll be able to sell them. Mats can be gained much cheaper from sending companions, if one has time, so people rarely buy them on GTN. On contrary, if one can't craft kits himself, he has to buy them, no other option, so by putting mats transformed into kits at lowes price, it's almost certain it will sell.

And you should also consider prices of metals, just because your mats are expensive doesn't mean others can't make it cheaper.

i used my trooper to create green belts at level 49 and got the required 70 aug slots 6 from rev, with those same materials plus extra from the bank i already had gathered up form long ago, i converted into 7 aug kits mk6 plus 2 crticals from tanno vik making it 9, all of them went to my new BH, saved a fortune from going on the GTN paying an average price which i now is much higher then its crafting materials, example 50k of kit so in the region of 450k just for 9 mk6 kits if your lucky, you could do the same with materials from scavenging at their usual price of around 2k per mission and some subelectronic items off the GTN, i got 62 for 40k since that was the lowest price at that time.

i suspect i made around 200k savings just by using my own time and resources, it may not mean much to the more richer members on this game but it saves a day of doing daillies on corellia, ilum and belsavis for 2 characters at level 50.

Well the crystals keep going up at those prices, so i assume the market for them is healthy (you wouldn't keep posting at that price unless they sold, its just not smart... oh, wait...)

As for the Metals, unless I'm mistaken synth is one of the more efficient versions of the augment crafters, isn't it Armormech that requires a 4/2/2 crafted green to get the base materials as opposed to synthweavers 2/2/2?

If so the metals could be half the price and still you'd have almost the same cost efficiency as a synthweaver.

I could be wrong, my arms/armor crafters are way behind my weaver.

Well the crystals keep going up at those prices, so i assume the market for them is healthy (you wouldn't keep posting at that price unless they sold, its just not smart... oh, wait...)

As for the Metals, unless I'm mistaken synth is one of the more efficient versions of the augment crafters, isn't it Armormech that requires a 4/2/2 crafted green to get the base materials as opposed to synthweavers 2/2/2?

If so the metals could be half the price and still you'd have almost the same cost efficiency as a synthweaver.

I could be wrong, my arms/armor crafters are way behind my weaver.

No, the armourmech level 49 belts/bracers are 2/2/2

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/aax2j6L/heavy-exoskeleton-belt

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/3gb2ihV/heavy-exoskeleton-bracers

He was quite correct to quote GTN prices for the materials. If you value them at less when pricing your kits for sale then you are losing money because you could have got more by simply selling the raw materials instead.

This is very important and also the reason why I went out of the buissiness of selling stim packs a few months back and sold quick-growth agents directly for a much larger return.

The OPs reasoning and calculations are not only correct they are the only right way to find the mk-6 kits minimum value.

I've been keeping an eye on the GTN for the day, and crystals and artifacts both are being listed and sold at around the prices i originally quoted.

It genuinely does look like people are crafting augment kits for quick but much lower returns than the potential value if they simply sold the ingredients at current market price.

Ah well.

Edited by Vereg

That is a fair point, and one i will add to the matrix.

However, even a price drop of 30% still leaves us at a cost of around 90k, not the 59999 we're seeing on Nadd lately.

I don't think i've seen anyone mention the 30K it takes to add the slot to the item. true the thread is just about the cost of the kit, but still the extra cost adds up if you have to slot everything out. Kits range from 60k to 80k on my servers GTN.

Well 60k seems intuitively to me a profit on an augment kit if gather in the materials via crew missions.

2 seconds on a calculator would be something like this - 1 Thermplast, 1 abundant metal and 1 aboundant compound makes 3 items at a guess. Returns from RE gives you another 1. So 4 pieces of augument kits per 6200 credits spent .

So it costs very roughly 15.5k in scavenging to get 10 pieces. Selling at 60k gives about 4 times return.

If you're out and about doing dailies, maybe Ilum or Belsavis, you can pick up some metal without even searching for it.

There is a difference between people wanting to generate as many credits as possible and people who will craft more for fun. People aren't 'losing' money if they charge under the GTN for the mats, they just aren't making as much as they could.

Another thing to consider.... people like me.

I'm not "crafting augment kits". I've been selling them, but even though I have both a synthweaver, armstech and armormech, I haven't yet started churning out green belts/bracers and REing them for kits.

I'm reverse engineering for schematics. Getting kit mats out is a consolation prize. My effective cost for the mats is basically zero. I would have still been doing the RE even if I didn't get the kit mats out. (though admittedly, once I learned about how the kits would be obtained I put a hold on all my RE attempts, but started stockpiling the mats)

So for me, selling the kits for anything is still better than how it used to be. No kit mats from REing at all.

The kit mats (and thus the augment kits themselves) are simply a byproduct.

I think the original poster's point was that if you are selling augment kits for less than 90k then you are losing out on the opportunity cost of being able to sell the same amount of materials for 90k. Regardless of whether you farm the mats mannually, run crew missions or buy them off the GTN. The bottom line is that the mats that go into making an augmentation kit are sellinng for 90k, so it would be stupid to sell said kits for less than 90k. If you're looking for a quick sale, price the mats to move and you will likely still get closer to the 90k than selling the kit for 60k (which is about what they are going for on my server as well).

The opportunity cost of selling them for the going rate is still present.

Unfortunately, none of the idiotic crafters on my server realize this, so the market is already trashed where its pointless to make them. You're better off selling the mats and just buying what you want. Augments are the only thing to turn a profit at this point.

Well, if we're going opportunity cost, you don't really sell this on the GTN, so the only cost is what it costs you to obtain. And since we're excluding (at this point) the time spent using companions, it is far cheaper to run the mission for Cortosis substrate than it is to buy them from the vendor. (mission returns 10-20, for at most 2k), less than 1/2 vendor price... not as good as scavengers thermoplast, unfortunately, which returns like 30-40.)

I think the original poster's point was that if you are selling augment kits for less than 90k then you are losing out on the opportunity cost of being able to sell the same amount of materials for 90k. Regardless of whether you farm the mats mannually, run crew missions or buy them off the GTN. The bottom line is that the mats that go into making an augmentation kit are sellinng for 90k, so it would be stupid to sell said kits for less than 90k. If you're looking for a quick sale, price the mats to move and you will likely still get closer to the 90k than selling the kit for 60k (which is about what they are going for on my server as well).

Nah, this is about people buying mats from the market so they can have 5 companions crafting kits rather than having 3 out gathering and 1 crafting gear for RE leaving 1 to craft kits, thats assuming they even have the required gathering skills and not slicing to get augment parts and missions which they also want to sell.

I've been giving mine away to guildees for free, I need to be locked up it seems.