Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only justified issue is people have their own definition of what "regular" means.

You can argue and anguish about it forever, but in the end...the term is subjective (lacking any fixed value in terms of days, duration, etc)... so the game developer, and the game developer alone, decides what it means and how they apply it.

As for the items.. they are exclusively on that vendor.

As for items players want or feel entitled to.. that burden rests with the players.

Regular has a pretty standard definition.

Also, they did say it...buy this...we'll update this vendor and give this unique stuff REGULARLY!

Now, of course, plans change, but then, they didn't compensate the CE owners who bought the CE under a given advertisement. Could easily replace it for CE with say "Hey look! What's more unique than buying CC at the CE Vendor with CREDITS for a 100 Credits for 1 CC Conversion rate!"

Look it is simple they are busy trying to get the PVP players to stop crying about the PVE players beating them up in the WZs so they dont have time to take care of people that have spent money on accounts since day one they still have not given us guild ships which have been promised since pre-luanch and i believe it is because all the PVP players are getting catered too but that is just what i am seeing i could be wrong but it looks like everytime a PVP player complains about something it gets fixed or if they say a class is OP it gets a nerf bat to the head but if a PVE player complains about the something the PVP players jump on that person and harass that person so i feel that they are catering to the PVP players before they do anything for anyone else it would be nice to see something done for the none PVP players for once

As a CE owner, I'm utterly baffled that other CE purchases expect to get new stuff now years after the game was released. What?

You bought a collector's edition at the games release, that's what you got. Why do you think you need new stuff? that's not how it works...

I am seconding this one >.> I dont understand all you people, I have the CE and rather enjoy what is there....

Not to mention this looks off topic and more a bash against Andryah....

Edited by Reapers_Ghost

I am seconding this one >.> I dont understand all you people, I have the CE and rather enjoy what is there....

I believe it's more or less because of this

"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

I believe it's more or less because of this

"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

Discussed and rediscussed, debated and redebated, ad nauseum in this thread over the last year.

Time to let it go. They define content updates, not us. I know for some that mega-sucks.. but for most CE owners... it is what it is.

Besides...it's does get updated.. just not when and with what the Digital-CE-Wonks desire. Personally, I am enjoying the Bind on Acquire Black/Yellow dye recently added to our exclusive vendor. It is an active incentive to keep visiting the vendor in fact. That + the crafter White/Orange covers about 80% of my dye needs in this game at the moment.

Edited by Andryah

People are conflating "regularly" with "frequently."

well, for game updates bw defines regular as 6-8 weeks. ofc they can change that to every 10 years if they want (to talk with andarahys arguments) and it would still be a valid move from bw, because in the end, it only were words.

Edited by Neglience

Darn! We're getting Ashara Zavros customization on the imperial vendor. Can you believe it? =_=

"The Imperial Collector's Edition Vendor once again sells Customization 3 for Ashara Zavros. "

That's your definition of dynamic and regular updates? Take stuff out and put it back later? Seriously?

Darn! We're getting Ashara Zavros customization on the imperial vendor. Can you believe it? =_=

"The Imperial Collector's Edition Vendor once again sells Customization 3 for Ashara Zavros. "

That's your definition of dynamic and regular updates? Take stuff out and put it back later? Seriously?

Bug fix. ;)

Gee thats a surprise :rolleyes:

Im keeping my hopes for the next big update( I know, I know...)

Same. But I am not holding my hopes up. It's like hoping that eventually people will connect "why would you expect more than what you already got" with "what EA / BioWare said about the CE vendor prior to launch". Those two things go together, yet, they are treated as something simple. It cracks me (those posts: the question and the answer, followed by someone's response to that answer). But I have learned to find humor in a lot of this. It is what it is.

It's not a bash against her. She's just always coming to the defense of EA/BW as always, trying to shutdown any arguments about the regular updates we'd get for the CE vendor.

:rolleyes:

Heh, I think this applies and really correlates well to the CE vendor. First, the occurrence.

A Cleveland Browns fan died within the last month. Within his obituary it said he asked for some Cleveland Browns paulbearers so that they "can let him down one last time".

This is a real story, it really happened.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216855/article/cleveland-browns-fan-requests-pallbearers-from-team

What's more, the team actually DID send 6 players (not sure if active or retired) to act as his paulbearers. Class act from the Browns.

Such is the nature of sports fandom in Cleveland Ohio. Now I'm from a Cleveland suburb. Not a die-hard sports fan, but I follow them, catch the ocasionall game on the radio, even go to a Tribe game once in a while. You live around Cleveland, you follow the sports, you get accustomed to being let down. You still enjoy the ride, you still support the team, you still get dissapointed. It's what happens.

That's just kinda how I view some aspects of TOR. Not all, by no means is the whole game like that, just some of the areas are a bit dissapointing to me. Let me emphasize the to me part. Just my personal opinion about how they run their game. They do not have to run the game I want, they run the game the way they want and I can choose to either leave or continue playing (been playing since early access, my sub has never lapsed). That said, I can and do wish the collector's edition vendor had lived up to the hype. But it hasn't, not yet.

If you remove the hype and promises, then the vendor is Ok. It's all about your perspective.

I would suggest everyone forget about the "regular updates" from the official site, and the "unique armors and weapons" from the interview. I've tried it, and it makes it much easier to accept. If you can look at the CE vendor without expecting anything, then it's really a nice little vendor with a few items that some people will like.

Edited by Jaing

Discussed and rediscussed, debated and redebated, ad nauseum in this thread over the last year.

Time to let it go. They define content updates, not us. I know for some that mega-sucks.. but for most CE owners... it is what it is.

Besides...it's does get updated.. just not when and with what the Digital-CE-Wonks desire. Personally, I am enjoying the Bind on Acquire Black/Yellow dye recently added to our exclusive vendor. It is an active incentive to keep visiting the vendor in fact. That + the crafter White/Orange covers about 80% of my dye needs in this game at the moment.

Time to let it go you say? I think the same could be said about your hyper defense of Bioware in this matter heh ;). They took a stance on this before the game was released, it's time they held to their word. You know if they just came out and made some kind of announcement with their intentions on what their plan is with the vendor from this point forward, I bet it would help a lot.

Check my post history in this thread. It is sporadic at best. I do read it daily though. ;)

Time to let it go you say? I think the same could be said about your hyper defense of Bioware in this matter heh ;). They took a stance on this before the game was released, it's time they held to their word. You know if they just came out and made some kind of announcement with their intentions on what their plan is with the vendor from this point forward, I bet it would help a lot.

Just ignore that White Knight; Andryah been trolling the forums for ages.

Edited by Eillack

They took a stance on this before the game was released, it's time they held to their word.

Shock and awe... an MMO developer took a stand on something and changed their minds. :eek: OH... NOoooooo!!

You know if they just came out and made some kind of announcement with their intentions on what their plan is with the vendor from this point forward, I bet it would help a lot.

Clever little trap you are plotting there. ;) I doubt it will work though.

Time to let it go you say? I think the same could be said about your hyper defense of Bioware in this matter heh ;).

Protip: embracing reality is both a human and adult behavior. Just because I embrace the reality of what the CE vendor is/is-not in no way represents any defense of Bioware, much less any sort of "hyper-defense". Nor does it represent an attack on Bioware, nor an attack on any other forum member.

You folks that get worked up, name call, and make pejorative attack upon others, simply because they disagree with you, are indeed great entertainment. :)

Edited by Andryah

embracing reality is both a human and adult behavior. Just because I embrace the reality of what the CE vendor is/is-not in no way represents any defense of Bioware, much less any sort of "hyper-defense". Nor does it represent an attack on Bioware, nor an attack on any other forum member.

You folks that get worked up, name call, and make pejorative attack upon others, simply because they disagree with you, are indeed great entertainment. :)

You forgot to embrace the following.

Astutely, your intent is not to provide rational thought. It is a compulsion to provide a catalyst. Ergo, You see yourself as sublime to everyone else here. On the contrary you are not. In point of fact, you may or may not realize that your presence is irrelevant. Even though you find it the most pertinent. Your efforts are Assiduous, while remaining inexorable. Concorantly, it has been proven that you are irrevocably abstaining the certitude that you are in denial. It is systemic to all. Consequently, your perception will invariably remain fundamentally flawed. You already know this. And now, the rest do as well.