Nerf Mercenaries

FREDDOSPWN

I did further testing, and it would appear that Trooper and Bounty Hunter Energy pools function exactly the same. Here's a repost from my other thread.

I did some further testing on the Energy Regen levels. It appears this issue is entirely graphical. I compared using the two abilities Missile Blast and Explosive Round. (3/12 Ammo (25%) = 25 Heat)

On my Powertech

I tested using Missile Blast, Rapid Shots, Rapid Shots. I was able to use Missile Blast 16 times.

On my Vanguard

I tested using Explosive Round, Hammershot, Hammershot, I was also able to use Explosive Round 16 times.

Finally I inspected the Ammo percentage gauge. Bounty Hunter moderate regen begins at 60% heat remaining. Trooper's moderate regen begains at 66.66%.

Every time I got my ammo between 60% and 66.66%, the Ammo display would display "Moderate" regeneration, but would still increase by intervals of 5% every second instead of 3%.

I tested it with the very slow regen interval. 25% for troopers, 20% for Bounty hunters and got the exact same results. Between 20% and 25% I would still be regenerating 3% Ammo, despite "Very Slow" being displayed which is 2% Ammo/sec.

Ammo/Heat Regen appear to be working identically, The UI display should be fixed to display the correct intervals. Moderate starting at 60% Ammo instead of 66.66% and Very Slow starting at 20% Ammo instead of 25%. This will allow troopers to more accurately manage and assess their Ammo levels.

Only thing that needs to be done now is fixing the Ammo Costs (1,2 ,4 Ammo) to (.96,1.92, 3.96) or simply converting Troopers from 12 to 100 Ammo.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did further testing, and it would appear that Trooper and Bounty Hunter Energy pools function exactly the same. Here's a repost from my other thread.

Only thing that needs to be done now is fixing the Ammo Costs (1,2 ,4 Ammo) to (.96,1.92, 3.96) or simply converting Troopers from 12 to 100 Ammo.

How do you explain people alternating with flame burst/rapid shots and never running out of ammo compared to people using ion pulse/hammer shot and running out after just short of 30 flame bursts?

Are you sure this is the case? You have even done the Ion Pulse/Flame Burst test and come up with different results several times. The only reason I can think of that would result in such a difference would be because the ability costs are the same.

If you are correct, and the only difference between the two systems comes from the ability cost difference, is the difference in cost really large enough to make the tests we have done result with the Bounty Hunter getting such an advantage?

How do you explain people alternating with flame burst/rapid shots and never running out of ammo compared to people using ion pulse/hammer shot and running out after just short of 30 flame bursts?

If what Dr_Kid says is correct, then the difference would be in the ability's cost. I find it hard to believe that a difference of 0.08 ammo per Ion Pulse will create such a disparity in the results attained.