Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Well merge pvp and pve and let RP do whatever. IDC really. If they cannot be happy with a all server merge then good luck to them. leave their server as it is or move them to some RP server on west coast.

All I want is a proper pop to enjoy this game and not have to see the same 20-30 people in all the raids all the time.

That **** isn't going to fly, the best solution would be merging other servers with the same timezone as APAC and ping in the US. I was pretty pissed when I saw APAC servers just being alone, for the obvious reasons that they didn't want to alienate the US customers. No matter what in MMO's oceanic realms will always be third world citizens.

Its sorta stupid that they didn't even implement cross realms instead for the APAC servers.

I don't have much confidence either that F2play will be the solution for the APAC community either, it may gives us a boost but their advertising campaign in australia is 0. At most we might get an influx of prodigal players who will then be on intermittently because the server population problem and queuing is the same issue it is when they left.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on the PvE and PvP servers today and yesterday.

Just to really highlight how bad it is on the PvP server, the fleet population yesterday was 2 people. Me and 1 other person - this is at like 8.00 am, sure, not the busiest time of the day, but you'd still expect SOME people around. It's actually even worse then when I last bothered to login and check out that server, which was like 2 months ago.

Today, sure, was more people, like 30. However, this still is a population you can't do anything with. Queued for hours to get like an entire 2 warzones.

Simply.

Not.

Worth.

Bothering.

At this stage, if there isn't a server merge damn fast you can just turn off the power and unplug these servers cause there will be nothing to merge.

EDIT: To make matters worse, bioware deleted the toons I moved from the swiftsure, even though they said they wouldn't, and now refuses to allow me to move my characters. Yeah thanks, I'm now marooned on a dead server with no recourse. **** you very much.

Edited by vermura

At 8am I doubt any of the new F2Pers would have hit level 10 to even get onto the fleet :p

I'm pretty happy to wait a couple of days to see how it goes

How are the Korriban numbers? Dromund Kaas? Coruscant?

Edited by Chaori

First day of FTP and servers are going down at 7pm AEDT.... Isn't that just the best way to entice (and retain) APAC players to join?

Servers didn't come back up this morning until after I'd started work and they're going down again before I get home. /endrant

First day of FTP and servers are going down at 7pm AEDT.... Isn't that just the best way to entice (and retain) APAC players to join?

Servers didn't come back up this morning until after I'd started work and they're going down again before I get home. /endrant

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Pretty upsetting cause my guild wanted to hit up EC NM straight away

At 8am I doubt any of the new F2Pers would have hit level 10 to even get onto the fleet :p

I'm pretty happy to wait a couple of days to see how it goes

How are the Korriban numbers? Dromund Kaas? Coruscant?

Steevoo

As at 1:35pm on MDN

Number are for Imperial Only

Fleet: 35

50s: 86

WZs running: 1

Korriban: 12

Hutta: 11

DK: 11

Meanwhile:

The Harbinger is FULL

The Bastion is at Medium Capacity

Maintenance during our peak is only going to have a negative impact.

Will probably see more numbers over the weekend however this will gradually decline.

Forecast: Not looking good!

What I hate is they don't even bother to tell us what this "emergency" patch is going to be for. I can understand if it is because of an exploit, but as far as I can remember we have had one emergency patch that fit that description, the rest of all been some minor crap, or something majorly buggy that they could have told us about before the down time.

What I hate is they don't even bother to tell us what this "emergency" patch is going to be for. I can understand if it is because of an exploit, but as far as I can remember we have had one emergency patch that fit that description, the rest of all been some minor crap, or something majorly buggy that they could have told us about before the down time.

Free to play players can't create more than 1 character, and the item preview screen is bugged.

I doubt it'll take them the full 2 hours to fix it

Logged into Gav D for the first time in a few weeks to see what the population looked like after FTP. Suffice it to say I think these servers are a lost cause. 14 people on the Republic Fleet at 4PM on a Saturday afternoon. My re-rolled toon on the Harbinger was on the fleet and there were four instances running. As much as I wanted a server merge, at this point I just want these servers to close so that I can have my toons moved to The Harbinger. Who's going to pick Gav as a FTP server when there are no players anymore?

As far as I've seen, there's tons of people in Section X and on starter planets. Gauging population by fleet numbers (or any one zone, to be honest) is a very rough art.

Not on the imperial side... F2P has had a minimalist impact on Master Dar'Nala. Please prove me wrong purplecliff. I have been doing checks all day on the starter planets... pathetic at best. Most 50s I have seen on is 71 today.

Sunday night will be busy because of ranked warzones, but thats mostly because people leave their US server toons to play ranked on MDN.

The only good thing about this is its only a matter of time until BW must do something.

Would love to know what your "tons of people" is.

Harbinger had 4 instances of Tyhton about 2 hours ago.

Well the US is always going to get more f2p people (more people = more free players) but there's around 100 people (just under/sometimes topping 100) in Dromund Kaas right now.

Well the US is always going to get more f2p people (more people = more free players) but there's around 100 people (just under/sometimes topping 100) in Dromund Kaas right now.

hence why we should all get force xfered to Dalbora then the option to xfer off if you dont like it to US servers.

hence why we should all get force xfered to Dalbora then the option to xfer off if you dont like it to US servers.

Is the rp server as lacking as the pvp server? Pvp servers are usually always the first to empty, just looking at the US pvp server population you can see they're dead too by comparison to pve servers.

Not looking at all good for Master Dar'Nala population wise.

Only 2 days into F2P yeah ok, but I was looking for a doubling of fleet to be satisified at the effect of F2P on this server.

Now thats not as stupid as it sounds.. hoping for a doubling from 31 on Rep fleet in prime time to 62 is actually kind of pathetic. There was 31 on last night Saturday night Prime time which sadly has been pretty regular, compare that to

Harbinger had 4 instances of Tyhton about 2 hours ago.

Seriously?!

Saturday night after F2P launched, 31 on Rep fleet! There was a lvl 50 healer complaining they had been in the LFG for an hour... with no pop.

Im now looking for a server merge, ASAP.

Before mid December.

F2P can not fix the APAC server pop issue, its gotten to bad.

Hey guys I am late in adding my voice to this, but after I resubbed, I cant believe they've let these servers players exist in what is basically exile.

You know what I enjoy about MMO's?... People! But being stuck on the server of SOLITUDE that is 'Master Dar'Nala' is precisely the opposite of what I consider a multiplayer environment. Its Barren, the Fleet is my own personal starship, and I'm the sole explorer of each world I land on... But with no one to share these things with, whats the point of playing?... Seriously Bioware, do what is right, fix this mess.