The Mysterious Ancient Tome

No luck finding anything yet. Are we sure Sandclaw is in game, and is not just a datamine?

Also, don't pay attention to Lukewaldo. He mainly just asks general chat if anyone has found sandclaw/Queen of sands...

Anysao is lieing, I never asked in General Chat about the Queen of Sands or Sandclaw. Alright, once. Me and Anysao are friends and we've been having arguments recently. Can we please not bring this into the Forums? :D Sadly no luck as well on the Krayt Cave, actually didn't have enough time to head out to Tatooine. I once followed the Well Fed Womprat, nothing happened. I once tried going into a Exhaustion Zone with all 3 buffs from the Vendors in the Outlaw's Den. Nothing. I'll keep searching.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The vendor buffs can be applied on the rat too (which could be a bug), and there is enough time to apply all 3 of them and have the rat move back to the center

Wait, WHAT? Why did we not start with this clue?!

edit: oh, and lukewaldo: No, we are not friends. And I do not lie.

Edited by Anysao

Wait, WHAT? Why did we not start with this clue?!

edit: oh, and lukewaldo: No, we are not friends. And I do not lie.

We were friends, for a year, and I swear I know there is something your not telling me. Like I said, I'm just a player who wants to help find out about the Queen of Sands and Sandclaw. You, Anysao, told me about this before. I got interested and started to look into it. And remember Asbjorn, who is a friend to me as you know, said he'd invite me to Ops, and even the Queen of Sands/Sandclaw if you were to ever get it spawned. I remember those good times... when we were friends. Look, I do not want to bring this: 1. On to the forums. 2.Into public. If were going to discuss this it better be on live game in /whisper. Because from now on after this I'm not responding to you on the forums and just paying attention to others on this Thread. Look, I still want to be friends with you. I will respond only if its something that bugs me.

This has been common knowledge throughout the thread. Many people have tried several things with said womp rat buffed and unbuffed.

Indeed, but I still wanted to point out that there could be sth. about that Rat we haven't tried yet..

(e.g. a special item in the inventory (like the Ilum Force Ghost Crystal thingy required) or so.)

Anyways - Has somebody actually looked at this place south of the Outlaws Den?

http://imageshack.com/i/0wul4yj

(sry 4 bad Quality)

[-383/-448/497]

Should be quite an easy knockback Task, but haven't found someone yet to kick my butt over there.

Pics of another trip into the desert:

http://imageshack.com/i/m91ukaj

http://imageshack.com/i/n9bnv2j

http://imageshack.com/i/0wregdj

And btw, don't know if thats helpful (or has already been put up), but KoToR-Lore actually mentioned an "Ancient Tome":

"In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic the player is given the choice of killing the Elders as he was told by the One instead of siding with them. Doing this allows the player to recover an ancient tome, which Revan could then present to the One, and Rakata priests disable the shields. "

[ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_the_Ancients ]

Edit: And has BW actually confirmed that there should be a way to sort this out by now?

Edited by HekaHeh

I once tried to get there, but couldn't. Maybe someone else has better jumping capabilities than me.

Actually, I think that I'm onto something ... Each vendor - except the Jawa that is standing next to the gamorrean - has a buff :

- Jawa with protocol droid : Click on the protocol droid, Jawa attacks you, kill him, click on protocol droid again

- Nikto at the entrance : cliclk on woman's bones lying before him, he will attack you, kill him, click on the bones again

- Gamorrean has a "stolen bottle" standing in his tent - click on it, he will become aggressive, kill him, click on the bottle again.

3 buffs.

The fourth one, the Jawa, didn't have any item to click on.

Each buff increases the competence (the first 2 buffs by 5 % , the third by 10 %), they last seemingly 1 hour, and they are named (translated from my German-language client into English):

- Desert Patience (Jawa) - Protocol droid remains

- Desert Courage (Nikto) - women's bone remains

- Desert Hope (Gamorrean) - water remains ?

Could be the fourth one, the Jawa, be connected to that Ancient Tome ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I once tried to get there, but couldn't. Maybe someone else has better jumping capabilities than me.

Actually, I think that I'm onto something ... Each vendor - except the Jawa that is standing next to the gamorrean - has a buff :

- Jawa with protocol droid : Click on the protocol droid, Jawa attacks you, kill him, click on protocol droid again

- Nikto at the entrance : cliclk on woman's bones lying before him, he will attack you, kill him, click on the bones again

- Gamorrean has a "stolen bottle" standing in his tent - click on it, he will become aggressive, kill him, click on the bottle again.

3 buffs.

The fourth one, the Jawa, didn't have any item to click on.

Each buff increases the competence (the first 2 buffs by 5 % , the third by 10 %), they last seemingly 1 hour, and they are named (translated from my German-language client into English):

- Desert Patience (Jawa) - Protocol droid remains

- Desert Courage (Nikto) - women's bone remains

- Desert Hope (Gamorrean) - water remains ?

Could be the fourth one, the Jawa, be connected to that Ancient Tome ?

The latest was discreetly added in 1.5 when they added HK. Perhaps he sells an important item?

Yes, right. He sells an HK item.

But still - wen don't know since when this Ancient Tome exists. Has it always been there or added with that Jawa, too ?

Or, in other words : Does the Jawa become aggressive when the Ancient Tome is used ? Or any other figure on Tatooine ?

By the way, after arriving at the Fleet, these 3 buffs were gone. And no, the time hadn't run out. I suspect that these buffs are only valid for Tatooine ... ? Because when my char was in the Anchorhead Cantina, they were still there.

Edit : I'm far too late (it had been too good to be true ) :

I think it has to do with those Expertise buffs. Currently, you receive Desert Hope, Desert Courage and Desert Patience from the vendors.

However, Torhead has two more buffs: Desert Power and Desert Strength. Maybe those two buffs are related to the tome?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Indeed, but I still wanted to point out that there could be sth. about that Rat we haven't tried yet..

(e.g. a special item in the inventory (like the Ilum Force Ghost Crystal thingy required) or so.)

http://imageshack.com/i/0wul4yj

(sry 4 bad Quality)

[-383/-448/497]

Should be quite an easy knockback Task, but haven't found someone yet to kick my butt over there.

Pics of another trip into the desert:

http://imageshack.com/i/m91ukaj

http://imageshack.com/i/n9bnv2j

http://imageshack.com/i/0wregdj

And btw, don't know if thats helpful (or has already been put up), but KoToR-Lore actually mentioned an "Ancient Tome":

"In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic the player is given the choice of killing the Elders as he was told by the One instead of siding with them. Doing this allows the player to recover an ancient tome, which Revan could then present to the One, and Rakata priests disable the shields. "

[ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_the_Ancients ]

Edit: And has BW actually confirmed that there should be a way to sort this out by now?

How'd you get into the part where it should be a Exhaustion Zone without dieing? I remember I once was able to do that, but I can't remember how. Edit: Found a way!

Edited by lukewaldo

Yep going back and forth, with we had a posters response.

I don't want to spark the fires of the mystery machine again, but this response of the CSM could very likely be a result of e.g. me writing several "Bug-Tickets" regarding the Tome back in June, after not having received the simple answer whether or not it was a bug or remnant of some sort to my requests.

So it could possibly have landed on the "bugged" list, which the CSM might have looked onto and responded to you -

Because removing this so suspiciously placed item entirely and probably taking away the secret (if there ever was one) so we can buy it later in the CM would be too sad for me to believe.

So I personally stop thinking things into this (where probably are none at all) as soon as a CSM/Dev has responded in here that there is only blank nothingness and time wasting to it.

I don't want to spark the fires of the mystery machine again, but this response of the CSM could very likely be a result of e.g. me writing several "Bug-Tickets" regarding the Tome back in June, after not having received the simple answer whether or not it was a bug or remnant of some sort to my requests.

So it could possibly have landed on the "bugged" list, which the CSM might have looked onto and responded to you -

Because removing this so suspiciously placed item entirely and probably taking away the secret (if there ever was one) so we can buy it later in the CM would be too sad for me to believe.

So I personally stop thinking things into this (where probably are none at all) as soon as a CSM/Dev has responded in here that there is only blank nothingness and time wasting to it.

So we should most likely ignore it then.

So much for a mystery and a puzzle to solve. Really devs?

Would have been no problem, if they would have said so from the beginning. But this pseudo-mysterious blah blah (including the german CSM i quoted here several pages ago) for a bug or left-over is just extremely disappointing.

Let's make it simple devs:

Is there a puzzle in the outlaws den? If yes, is it solveable at this time?

Nobody's asking for any hints how the puzzle's to be solved (i say this a third time, since the german customer support is apparently unable to read more than two sentences without having major accidents, i hope, the english forums don't work the same way). We, or at least the most of us, just want to know if it is worth to spend the time in the den, dune sea or whereever on tatooine, searching for a puzzle that perhaps don#t even exist.

I still reckon, that CatchDeathwalkers white lightsaber-story is related to this thing (Alec and some others surely remember). Bioware never intended, that people would reach the roof (at least not at that time) and yet, CDW might have been able to do so. He possibly used the ways we did, encountered something that isn't there anymore and it led him to the white lightsaber crystal.

That would fit with Stephen Reids post back in January 2012:

Unfortunately the actions of the player in question were intentional and deliberate. As well as the item being removed, further action was taken on this player’s account. This was not an ‘easy exploit’, and not something the average player might ‘stumble upon’.

http://swtor.junkiesnation.com/2012/01/30/white-saber-crystal-found/

So, whatever that was under the roof, it wasn't intended to be revealed at that time, so they wanted to prevent anyone from reaching it. Assumption: CDW reached it, Bioware banned him and removed whatever could be fought or summoned in there, just in case people like us would discover the same ways to reach the roof. But again, Bioware got sloppy and forgot to remove the clickable tome, which in turn led us to the current situation. And since such a situation (and procedures) are a bit embarrassing, Bioware prefers to sit it out.

Again, only speculation on my part. And that won't change until the devs clarify the current situation.

Edited by DarthBurton

This is the best puzzle in the whole game. Seriously! It is the first time for many, many months that something in this game hooked me.

Bioware, you have surely seen this thread by now. You see that we are dedicated to solve this riddle. If it is an actual riddle, please give us a sign that we shall continue our search.

If it is only a bug, then please ADD A RIDDLE for us there. You see, this is something many subs seem to appreciate. This is fun - or it can be fun. Help us by making our quest worthwhile. Thank you!

Personal theory: it's a bug, but only, to quote Obi-Wan, from a certain point of view.

The Tome IS supposed to be there. Accessing it from the crack in the roof isn't.

I believe someone here said datamining referred to some sort of teleporter. Ergo, the bugfix would be to block the crack in the roof, not to remove the tome.

This is the best puzzle in the whole game. Seriously! It is the first time for many, many months that something in this game hooked me.

Bioware, you have surely seen this thread by now. You see that we are dedicated to solve this riddle. If it is an actual riddle, please give us a sign that we shall continue our search.

If it is only a bug, then please ADD A RIDDLE for us there. You see, this is something many subs seem to appreciate. This is fun - or it can be fun. Help us by making our quest worthwhile. Thank you!

Agreed!

That would fit with Stephen Reids post back in January 2012:

http://swtor.junkiesnation.com/2012/01/30/white-saber-crystal-found/

So, whatever that was under the roof, it wasn't intended to be revealed at that time, so they wanted to prevent anyone from reaching it. Assumption: CDW reached it, Bioware banned him and removed whatever could be fought or summoned in there, just in case people like us would discover the same ways to reach the roof. But again, Bioware got sloppy and forgot to remove the clickable tome, which in turn led us to the current situation. And since such a situation (and procedures) are a bit embarrassing, Bioware prefers to sit it out.

Again, only speculation on my part. And that won't change until the devs clarify the current situation.

From what I understood is that he contacted CS in order to get it, not from a loot. ie, he figured out how to get the item but he needed CS in order to do it. So he lied to them about something and that led him to the crystal.

Whether they gave him the crystal or another item, it was a CS exploit and not an in-game one.

Edit: I will try to find the relevant post, since I am sure it was about CS. Beside we have no proof that this leads to the white crystal.

Edited by znihilist

Let's make it simple devs:

Is there a puzzle in the outlaws den? If yes, is it solveable at this time?

This. They only need to feel embarrassment if they currently actually felt embarrassment without the need of doing so - a simple factual statement to the question quoted above is required, nothing more. I know what these guys are capable of, so this should be quite an easy task for them to accomplish.

Anyways, since I have yet seen no reason to stop trying to solve this "mystery", a question @Tyminator:

You said you "checked out" the balloon in the SE ez. North to Mos Ila.

http://imageshack.com/i/5nxwr5j

http://imageshack.com/i/f3nza2j

Given that there are no screens of it, question is - have you actually managed to get ON the balloon? or at least get close to the spot it supposedly lands and tried to jump on?