Your favourite 5 star wars games of all time?

xnoxiousx

#1. Star Wars: Battlefront II

#2. Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

#3. Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

#4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

#5. Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Academy

Completely unnecessary explanation: Battlefront II has eaten up far more of my time than any of the other games on that list, so I would feel like I was betraying it if I gave it anything but the top slot.

While I would love to be able give Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided the top spot, I have a difficult time finding the emotional willpower to do so. It is very likely that I will always consider SWG to be the MMORPG with the greatest potential and the worst mistakes in MMO history. From being rushed out the door, to keeping the game littered with hundreds of little bugs, to two major game re-designs, corporate foolery and design incompetency managed to fail this game at every possible angle. Perhaps its greatest injury was to the MMORPG genre itself. I see it as incredibly likely that no major developer will ever try to make a game like SWG ever again.

Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption is one of my favorite RTS games ever. I still play this game on a regular basis. There is nothing quite like wasting a few great hours away conquering the galaxy.

While the majority opinion seems to prefer its predecessor, I have a special place in my gamer heart for Knights of the Old Republic II. I tend to enjoy its story more and I also prefer the character evolution and RPG elements.

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Academy is perhaps the most renowned game from the Jedi Knight series and with good reason. The story, combat, and character evolution were all very enjoyable aspects of the game. And of course, the near-legendary multiplayer.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to skip the obvious KotOR reference (because, apparently, they are so awesome that them being favorites is pretty much already a given). Thus, my list goes something like this:

1. Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Best flight sim ever. "You will fly a TIE Fighter designated Alpha-One. You will have no wingmen.":D )

2. Dark Forces (I still remember the day when I found the solution to one of the game's puzzles...in my sleep. I was stuck in the "Imperial Detention Center" mission and actually dreamed about what to do next)

3. Rebel Assault 2 (pretty fond memories of this one, and one of the reasons I find Space Combat in this game to be so awesome)

4. Star Wars: Supremacy (hugely under-rated turn-based strategy game)

5. X-Wing Alliance (solely for the amount of fan-made missions I played on this one. I must have downloaded over 100 of them)

LucasArts should REALLY make another SW Flight Sim game. It's been almost 13-14 years since X-Wing Alliance came out ffs.

LucasArts should REALLY make another SW Flight Sim game. It's been almost 13-14 years since X-Wing Alliance came out ffs.

Tell me about it. I firmly believe the end of the X-Wing series started the rapid decline in space combat shooters. And now no one's motivated to make one because nobody owns flightsticks anymore.

I'm still nostalgic for the days when you were required to have a flightstick to consider yourself a PC gamer.

I think somebody needs to develop a ridiculously amazing space combat shooter and offer bundles with a cheap flightstick like consoles do with some peripherals.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs