The Progenitor: so all to PvE/RP?

Draksen

Hi there

I'm about to reroll (EU), but was trying to find a populated, popular, cool server to do so.

According to http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu The Progenitor (EU PvE RP) is the most active.

A normal trend for the game? (game fidelity of the RP player base)

A temporary state?

How do you see it yourself, and whats your guess for the future?

Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter.

Nice server with nice people, about 150 (avg.) at peak on each side's fleet. :cool:

Some really nice guilds. Some daft player names. A few idiots. :eek:

8/10 (minus 2 for odd fleet crap spammed). :rolleyes:

Ofc that may all change with F2P. Who knows! :(

Hey i am from the progenitor its a realy nice server, there are lots of Imperial pvp guilds, to and there are also some pvp guilds on the republic side, you can find any guild there for what you like, pvp, pve, rp

I play Progenitor\Sith & Red Eclipse\Republic

I keep my sides seperate out of personal preference, but I must say they are both nice populated servers, sometimes a bit too populated (Blackhole i'm looking at you) :)

As for why people choose a RP Server, I can only say I always do if there is a choice, I don't RP myself but I think it adds an element of realism to the server as your running around.

I play Progenitor\Sith & Red Eclipse\Republic

I keep my sides seperate out of personal preference, but I must say they are both nice populated servers, sometimes a bit too populated (Blackhole i'm looking at you) :)

As for why people choose a RP Server, I can only say I always do if there is a choice, I don't RP myself but I think it adds an element of realism to the server as your running around.

So it is possible to play on a RP server withour engaging in RP ? How does this work in a flashpoint then ?. I do like the idea of a RP server hoping to see more mature players.

So it is possible to play on a RP server withour engaging in RP ? How does this work in a flashpoint then ?. I do like the idea of a RP server hoping to see more mature players.

You don't RP in a flashpoint. I play on The Progenitor, but don't RP (not in an RP guild, can't find drop-ins at the cantina). I use the LFG and none of the people I've grouped with have RP'd with Serevin or Malgus or whoever. It's quite simple really; if you don't RP, you don't.

If you want to RP in Flashpoint, then get a group together for that, like most RP.

So it is possible to play on a RP server withour engaging in RP ?

Yes. RP is entirely optional, you have to seek it out. If someone does approach you in tells or something, just tell them you aren't interested and be on your merry way.

I've been playing on the prog since launch and have never seen anyone try to RP in a flashpoint.

Absolutely, you can play on an RP server without participating, but as with all things there is a time and place for everything, I wouldn't expect anyone to RP in a flashpoint unless it is an RP guild that decide to do just that, as that may annoy others taking part.

I guess it's like how you say, generally a RP server will attract the more mature players, and I can only speak for myself, but I get a kick out of running into a cantina and eaves dropping in on a conversation some might be having at the bar etc..

Don't tell them I said this but those RP'ers are just so gosh darn cool :)

Then I might just give it a go. I'm always intriqued by the whole RP community. So in general it plays the same as a PvE server ,for example, I can just use general chat to look for a group to do a specific heroic quest ? Edited by Patjestr

The RP servers differ in that offer a third way to enjoy the game: Roleplaying.

As in PVE and PVP, RP has good and bad players anf also people learning to RP.

The Progenitor is a multi-cultural server, there are people from many countries and there is nice to play and meet people from everywhere!

The /General Chat is in English. /Say chat often used for PR.

Many players RP in channel /group or /Ops.

The level of PVE and PVP is good. And population Rep./Imp is balanced.

If yours is the rp 100% you can find serious guilds, large and small that play in a total immersion, playing their characters as true jedis, Sith, troppers... Etc

The only basic rule on any server is respect.

The RP is optional, but appreciated as a RP gamer if you choose your name with common sense and if you see a group role playing in a bar, on a planet or walk down the fleet ... please do not start jumping between us and get sound and music devices because you break the mood. (Said in good humor but it happens sometimes ... o_O)

Enjoy your time with us.

Sorry for my english, not my mother language.

So i made my char on this server and the first few hours where a blast. I met some new and interesting people straight away !!

Only thing I do notice, after a few hours of gameplay I arrived on the Fleet. And in comparison to my other server (red eclipse) it's extremely quiet. Only +/- 120 people only compared to having 2 instances of the fleet on TrE.

Now I don't care if people are just hanging around on the fleet doing nothing, but finding a group via the group finder seems to take for ever on the Progenitor compared to The red eclipse.

So it makes me wonder, what are all those people doing ?! cause The Progenitor is the first server to switch to "Heavy" Status every night.

Some might be RP'ing, doing Ops, PvP and the like. I think we also have an over-abundance of DPS (who doesn't?) as my guildies have complained about wait times. Of course if people leveling alts are anything like myself and my husband, they aren't using the LFG as much as level 50's.

Fleet RP is pretty active in the evenings, so that's going to inflate the numbers, if you will. Korriban and Nar Shadda tend to be hubs for RP as well, so you're going to have people there.