Is there a good reason not to take Biochem or Cyber as your skills?

elthenar

I just made a fresh bounty hunter. From what I can see as a noob, there is no good reason to take armortech or armstech over Biochem or Cybertech. Where Biochem gets all of the reusable pot, stims and adrenals and Cyber gets the reusable grenades, speeders and other wierdness, Arms and Armor tech don't seem to get anything you can't just buy or find the equivalent of in a flashpoint or quest.

Am I wrong in that assessment?

I have to say that levelling up I seem to be in full sets of crafted blue armour from Sythweaving or Armormech, sometimes purple, and seem to find fights easier than other people I see around. I've also made good money selling 'orange' armour from schematics so far.

I'm not certain I'd want to spend 49 levels doing quests the hard way in the prayer that what I see a couple of weeks into an MMO is still going to be true when I reach 50. Balance tends to change over time. Do what you fancy I reckon!

I just made a fresh bounty hunter. From what I can see as a noob, there is no good reason to take armortech or armstech over Biochem or Cybertech. Where Biochem gets all of the reusable pot, stims and adrenals and Cyber gets the reusable grenades, speeders and other wierdness, Arms and Armor tech don't seem to get anything you can't just buy or find the equivalent of in a flashpoint or quest.

Am I wrong in that assessment?

Nope you are not wrong. Biotech it seems and maybe Cybertech are the only crafts that are worth the time and money. I regret chosing armstech.

Nope you are not wrong. Biotech it seems and maybe Cybertech are the only crafts that are worth the time and money. I regret chosing armstech.

I agree with that assessment, but you do realize, don't you, that enough people repeating this will just ensure that those skills are soon nerfed to the point they are no longer so much better. Perish the thought that they might actually beef up the other skills to make them better; it's so much easier and lazier to just smash the few good ones.

Not to mention item mods and armoring in Armor Tech. Helps keep your equipment up to date.

I would say that if you roll a second or third toon you add options for the others, but personally im going to get whatever makes hilts, enhancements and augments first so that my toons equipment can literally all be item modifiable.

Thats just me though.

Biochem, not cybertech, is the only craft that is worth anyones time right now. I've been posting about this a lot lately.... Unfortunately Bioware was unable to balance the professions and Biochem is simply way more beneficial to ANY player that wants to raid or be competitive in PvP.

Just go on torhead.com and look up rakata medpacs, adrenals, and stims... It's not even fair...

Level 20 you can get pvp gear in literally an hour or 2 if your good this means a full blue set implants and all with orange chest and legs.

Heroics often reward an orange item or good blue.

Then theres world drops and stuff as well.

I dont see the armor crafting skills as being worth it when you can easily get gear and will replace it time vs reward thing here. Not worth the time to craft the gear only to out level it in a level or two.

Artifice is a good one to level I think so is cybertech/biochem.

Cybertech also lets you create speeders and such I believe as well as odds and ends you might or might not see. I notice alot of the mods and stuff for low end gear are in vendors or equaliants.

Off hands are real nice with cybertech. Sheild gens and that sort of thing that are rare.

I have only seen 1 willpower shield generator on the AH and it was priced high because not many are doing it.

Just go on torhead.com and look up rakata medpacs, adrenals, and stims... It's not even fair...

Don't I recall those are the ones that don't require Biochem, but do require raid gained materials? (unlike lower level Biochem stuff, which is reusable, but the medpacs don't heal as much as the blue ones)

Actually, I'm finding with Armstech I'm able to keep my blasters constantly upgraded, and mailing good weapons to my other characters and guildies. Same thing with my Synthweaving Jedi. It let's you keep things all in tip top shape. And some of the crafted stuff is marginally better than quest rewards tend to be.