I've Heard Sage Survivability In 50 PvP Sucks

Implemented

Semi-true. If you are targetted and zerged down against people who know what they are doing you can go down fast. But if you know how to cc properly/position yourself/playing with people who know what they are doing staying alive is not a problem.

Depends on how well geared you are. I just got to 50 as an Assassin, not a lot of gear. When alone, I can't kill a decently geared sage. Hardly make a dent. Best I can do is follow him around and make him heal himself and not anyone else.

Then again, if I get 1 or 2 more people the Sage doesn't have a chance as it should be. Survivability is high for Sages.

As a sorc its pretty simple, stay in max range, utilize cc and run with team mates that know how to peel. Don't quit because baddies cry about survivabillity, they're like Zomg I can't kill a Marauder when I'm not shielded and I'm standing toe to toe with him, that's definitly not how sorc/sage should be played. If you know what you're doing you ll be allright buddy

Is this true because I love mine atm but I'd rather not get roflsmashed at 50

You heard wrong. Don't listen to bads, and take everything you read on the pvp forums with a grain of salt.

Sure you're going to be squishy at first when you have no gear... but what class isn't? It gets better as you get more expertise though.

Edited by Khadroth

It depends on what spec you are that greatly influences how long you can take a beating. If you're Seer specced you can almost always live unless you get stun locked or mobbed.

I play as 0/23/18 and I can almost always survive one on one, if not escape. Sometimes it can be difficult but can be done. 2v1 your best bet is to run and spam shield as often as possible.

It is very difficult to survive right out of the bat when you hit 50. You'll quickly see results as you start to up your expertise tho.

For the most part sages have really good survivability. I know, as a kin specced shadow, I can usually kill sorcerers fairly easy because I can deal with the damage they dish out, so tanks may be the sage's weakness (or I may just have a knack for killings sorcs).

every descent stealth player will kill a Sage if they open from stealth every time.

The only way the Sage can survive is if they are speced deep Kinetics with the AE CC when bubble breaks and the KD root.

All the other builds including healer builds will get owned by any good Operative/Assassin.

Now consider 1.2 when the Juggernaut/Marauder will Force Charge and stun you twice for 4sec and keep you perma snared for 50% and if speced in shared tree will root you with the extra charge!

Come organized PvP its over sunshine...

• 9 months later...
Sage survivability sucks if you try to stand in one place and turret or take on melee classes from melee range. If you can learn how to kite, use your roots and stuns and use line of sight, you can stay alive for quite a while. We're not a toe-to-toe class. You will get owned in recruit gear, but everyone does. Once your gear gets up to par, you can do just fine in regular warzones. Ranked is more of a problem. Hoping we get some buffs to make it a bit easier to stay alive in a ranked warzone.

In unranked pvp, I have great survivability. I always have the least deaths on the team & I'm not just playing to where I'm only concerned with self healing. My survivability is great.

Now, in ranked ... That's a different story. It just depends on how good my other healer and my tank are since everyone we face on our server is usually min/maxed.

If there are multiple smashers, and/or a couple of heavy DPS classes that can pull me back (PT/Assassin), I may be in deep trouble. Usually, moderate survivability though.

Either way, I always die less than my guardian (vigilance spec'ed, unless I have a pocket healer).

I play a sage healer in warzones and in ranked and to be blunt. If they get close I get dead.

Now that being the case I can usually stand there and heal myself through it for a while. so if a member of my team can get them back off my im topped off and back in action fairly quick.

It's all about teamwork. we aren't supposed to go toe to toe.

Saw this thread when I was 49 and was dreading the day where I turned 50 and played my first warzone in mint recruit gear. Surprisingly, I came in 3rd for medals and kills (TK spec). The dude in first had over 550k dmg and 40 or so kills - and yes, he was also a sage. So, it's not all dread and gloom as some people will tell you. Sage is a great class to play, if you understand it's advantages and limitations. Edited by Dashevel
Mistyped submit