Confessions

chimex

she understands why, she doesn't like how I react - if that makes sense.

but I'm already working on pug pvp Hulk anger managment. It's just a game.

but thanks for advice, will try mentioning to her using one of these examples (already have 2 in mind).

Maybe your husband has it same as me, some things in game that he can't control make him the way he is in-game, while outside being a saint :)

I hope that is the case. But I would much rather hear him yelling out of frustration than being treated like an uber noob.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confession: I spent way too much on the Summer Steam Sale and not on my family...

I feel for you as i spent wayyy too much money on that Steam Sale myself.

Edit: New confession:

My girlfriend is not a gamer at all and actually gets annoyed at me that find enjoyment in games and this upsets me. also she tends to pick apart small things I do and yeah we have not been in the best of places lately. Yet there is another woman in my life who is up to this point been a friend to me but she loves to play games and generally gives me more attention, isn't so serious and well makes me smile more. Don't know what to do and a little confused.

Edited by theUndead

My girlfriend is not a gamer at all and actually gets annoyed at me that find enjoyment in games and this upsets me. also she tends to pick apart small things I do and yeah we have not been in the best of places lately. Yet there is another woman in my life who is up to this point been a friend to me but she loves to play games and generally gives me more attention, isn't so serious and well makes me smile more. Don't know what to do and a little confused.

I don't think it's so much a "don't know what to do" thing as it is a "know what to do but just don't feel like I should".

If she's your girlfriend and you don't think you have that much in common (anymore), then maybe you shouldn't be together. Don't overcomplicate your life with things that are pretty straightforward.

Edited by TheNahash

While my wife isn't what you'd call a gamer (tho she does try on occasions, still trying to get her into Mass Effect) she avidly supports my use of them. :p

At that point it's time to call it off and just be friends or at least reduce the relationship to a "fling".

I know I'll prollie get flamed for what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said.

There is 0 reason to be with someone if you're not happy about being with that person. If you struggle to like someone it ain't working and never will. It's not that you should wait for that "perfect someone" cause that ain't never happening but you also shouldn't suffer being miserable just because being with someone, anyone, is something you think others expect. Life is too precious, short and fragile that willingly suffering is just stupidity.

If you really love someone then great, you can try to figure things out but do not force someone else to be what you want them to be and don't hold grudges. Things change, life situations change, growing up never stops.

I know I'll prollie get flamed for what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said.

There is 0 reason to be with someone if you're not happy about being with that person. If you struggle to like someone it ain't working and never will. It's not that you should wait for that "perfect someone" cause that ain't never happening but you also shouldn't suffer being miserable just because being with someone, anyone, is something you think others expect. Life is too precious, short and fragile that willingly suffering is just stupidity.

If you really love someone then great, you can try to figure things out but do not force someone else to be what you want them to be and don't hold grudges. Things change, life situations change, growing up never stops.

No should flame you. That's a very reasonable response.

Like to add: If you're going to see where things go with this friend, you better wait till you officially end it with your current gal. Do not start a new saga when you're still watching the old one. :mad:

Like to add: If you're going to see where things go with this friend, you better wait till you officially end it with your current gal. Do not start a new saga when you're still watching the old one. :mad:

True.

There could be more JarJars than Yodas in the new saga :p

I agree with you except for one thing and it's something I take great exception to. I am not forcing her to like what I like not in slightest I just wish she was more supportive of it. So please do not say that in forcing her into anything because I'm not and yes I do feel for her it's just I feel like I'm moving away from her more than getting closer to her.

I agree with you except for one thing and it's something I take great exception to. I am not forcing her to like what I like not in slightest I just wish she was more supportive of it. So please do not say that in forcing her into anything because I'm not and yes I do feel for her it's just I feel like I'm moving away from her more than getting closer to her.

Never claimed you were. I meant in general, never to go there.