Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read most of this thread..and I believe its time to bounce some things off the masses.

now first off

Arsenal Merc (not a pvp favorite atm. however its my personal favorite and the toon from which this post is based.)

i've been playing close to 10 months now. by the second month i was lvl 50 and had a valor rank of 50. I play at least 2-3 hours a day, at least 5 days a week. i have the time. i run at least 6 warzones per day.. most days many more.

its been 8 months since i hit 50. i'm still 2 peices short of fully augmented warhero. i solo que. and only a hand full of times have i been able to group que. as a solo que Imperial on Jedi Cov...and what used to be Canderous Ordo.

i avg 8 medals per warzone. i've got 12,900 some odd kills currently, and a total of 315 wins since i started pvping. mind you over 100 of those are from 10-49 bracket. my valor rank is 79. when i que for a day...i might win one out of every six to ten matches. even with 8 or more medals I don't make alot of comms. i spend roughly 1500 warzone per week on WZMed-packs. my avg dps is 350-400, my avg damage is 300k. and i normally have 7.5k defender.

i'm more defence than offence. i know each map, i've read every thread i can on pvp, i've done everything i can to better myself. i use Grenades. and stims. i normally die around 8 times per WZ.

anyhow...sorry for the ramble of stats and junk...my point was thanks to Pre-mades on my server.. its taken me over 8 months to get warhero gear. is this what Bio-ware wanted? damn near impossible to get pvp gear? i don't really understand how the newbs are supposed to get gear...i understand why alot quit...it takes so long its gonna take me at least another 4 weeks to finish getting my war hero at this rate. this is not fun. its painful. anyhow thats just my thoughts on why Pre-mades are killing Random Warzones.

How did you get 100 wins before 50s bracket if you broke 50 8 months ago, before pre season 1? You were counting them personally?

By doing dailies and weeklies you can get about 2000 rwz comms a week (7x 100 + 300 + (1000/3) = 1333 + about 300 a day that you get from wzs is 700 rwz comms a week. It's not lightning speed, but fast enough for people to get 1 piece a week. And in 1.6 it will be much faster with WH.

Also why do you collect WH gear if you don't do competitive PVP with others? If you do PVP just for fun I think that you forgot that purpose.

Edited by enteri

See the logic in grouping up?

<.< have you been up 48 hours again? That statement clearly says most "good" players see the logic in picking their team.

Unless you're refering to the comment about premades beating pugs via coordination... which isn't coordination a skill, and a sign of a good player?

If they made an ingame voice system instead of relying on third party software I would say yes. But when it comes to forming a premade and using a third party chat system for organization. Then no. There is none.

There is nothing fair about a pug being smashed against a premade or hell even a match where the other side is clearly outgearing the other.

Its why premades should be stuck with other premades. Then comeback and tell me about your skill in that match.

See a military get taken out by an unorganized group of morons even if they have the same set military grade hardware?

You entire argument is based around you having the time to make friends and be on the same game time to have fun with them. Come to master darnalla and see how far that logic will get you or any APAC server.

People keep deluding themselves:

THE DEVS STATED THAT THERE WILL BE NO SPLIT QUEUE

Please stop the wishful thinking and deal with reality.

That doesn't mean it won't change, when the subs start dropping out and the income dwindles they will be forced to adapt their matchmaking system to suit their customers. Just because they said it doesn't mean they will be forced change it. Never make that assumption with something as fickle as PvP queuing.

That doesn't mean it won't change, when the subs start dropping out and the income dwindles they will be forced to adapt their matchmaking system to suit their customers. Just because they said it doesn't mean they will be forced change it. Never make that assumption with something as fickle as PvP queuing.

Something as fickle as PVP queueing? You are making the same wrong assumption the the dev's made in the beginning. That PVP isn't a big deal and that it doesn't matter to most players. Well Guess what you beyond wrong.. The day they make this game so that you can no longer group with your friends/guildmates to play PVP or any other activity for that matter is the day everyone will pack it up and Unsub. And not just unsub they will stop playing. The metric trackers they have will plummet beyond acceptable losses. They will undo it.. send out mass apology emails and free service time with the roll back. Basically it wont happen.

I don't even know how this post is still going.. If you don't want to play with other people via joining a guild or making friends, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING AN MMO? There are millions of XBOX/Playstation games that can give you the same experience you are looking for without forcing you to be social.. This game is not for you anti-socials, So quit trying to ruin in for everyone else.

So here we go

1 group make up of a premade is random friends (since you think its always 4 man groups ill play this game)

a 4 dps

b 3 dps 1 tank

c 3 dps 1 healer

d 2 dps 2 tanks

e 2 dps 2 healer

f 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank

g 1 dps 2 healer 1tank

h 1 dps 1 heal 2 tanks

I 4 healer

j 3 healer 1 tank

k 2 healer 2 tanks

L 1 healer 3 tanks

m 4 tanks

2 Now anyone of these groups has a HUGE disadvantage when paired with 4 random pugs

examples (ill go with what you think is common)

a 2 healer (since u like to say cross healing) 1 dps 1 tank premade group now the pugs are 2 healer 1 dps and 1 tank .......thats 4 healer 2 tanks 2 dps pretty weak group what you really wanted from the pug was 1 tank 3 dps or even 4 dps

b 2 healer 2 dps premade pug group 3 tanks 1 healer......not a very good combo having 3 heal 3 tanks

I can go on and on about this but i think you get the point ... reg wzs are like a box of chocolate you never know what your gonna get

3 All premades are good.... this is so far from the truth....not really even gonna talk about it

4 All premades are geared....once again....you fail....Ill play along tho

a this now leaves 4 players that might all be in recruit gear (meaning half the team is easy pickings)

b since qs are random your team could be all full wh players or even half....teams are now even

5 mumble and vent ( yes this is an advantage but not that big ) you still have 4 people not on it so if you have to call inco well still got to type it....but yes going for CC caps it helps (until that guy not in mumble comes over and screws it up)

What you are really crying about!!!!!

group comp ( hate to tell you but I still cry when going into wz with a full premade and looking at the other 4 players that will be with me )

In short non ranked pvp or reg wz are not for competition its for fun if you are not having fun stop pvping or make a group..... it is alot more fun with a group of friends but you do not have to (its a choice)

First, why does it take an hour or two to form a group? You don't have to have the absolute best players. Ask in guild chat when you log on. If your guild has any sort of subgroup that PVPs on a regular basis, you should find someone to play with quickly. You can still solo queue if no one says yes.

And you've already proven my point about it actually. A little organization and playing with players you trust goes a long way.

I say lets see how this matchmaking thing works out.

Of course it goes a long way. You missed the point. Not everyone who logs on wants (or has time) to form groups. Think of the free player who wants to check out warzones. No premade on your side? Dead player. Said player never goes into PvP again because the odds are completely stacked against him/her.

Want to chase off the new player base? Keep letting premades destroy regular WZs.

of course it goes a long way. You missed the point. Not everyone who logs on wants (or has time) to form groups. Think of the free player who wants to check out warzones. No premade on your side? Dead player. Said player never goes into pvp again because the odds are completely stacked against him/her.

Want to chase off the new player base? Keep letting premades destroy regular wzs.

you have the same chance of playing with a premade as against one

It doesn't work like that. Its not "log on and form your own group".

First, for many people, making a group takes time. That is time we don't always have. It can take upwards of an hour or two to from a competent group of people to queue up. This is taking time away from what most of us want to be doing: playing the game.

Even if marginally better, premades offer so much in terms of organization they more than make up for any issues they have. Generally speakin, premades that even run a sliver of communication will have a tremendous advantage in a system DESIGNED to allow puggers to pick up and play.

If the PvP system was specifically designed with a group in mind, then puggers wouldn't have much of an excuse as they wouldn't even be allowed to play. You know as well as I do that pugs keep the system alive. Without them it dies a quick death.

Premades of 4 or more need to go to their own queue, end of story. It got so bad in WoW they had to do the same thing. It got completely out of control.

this.... well said

Of course it goes a long way. You missed the point. Not everyone who logs on wants (or has time) to form groups. Think of the free player who wants to check out warzones. No premade on your side? Dead player. Said player never goes into PvP again because the odds are completely stacked against him/her.

Want to chase off the new player base? Keep letting premades destroy regular WZs.

If they don't have time then that is THEIR issue not BW's, I pug when I don't have time too, but difference is I understand it will change my odds and deal with it.

Since my guild kind of vacated this game, and mostly before that I have only PUGed. I used to group with a guildy or 2 or 3 every once in a while when this game was new and all were excited, but I will tell you the big gap between a 4 man premade and a PUG is you can trust your buddy (hopefully) to not be an idiot and to communicate. If not, you kind of talk to them and try to get them on their game. The problem with a PUG is everyone knows everything and finds no reason to listen to anyone else; and from what gets said in those groups, there really is no reason to listen to anyone else

Honestly, I have seen full PUG groups talk before the game starts and everyone listen and follow through for a good win; but that usually is a wash by attitude, when the deck may already be stacked against you. If they have you PUG against other PUGs; I fell all it would do is allow you to just be less bad than the other guys.

So here we go

1 group make up of a premade is random friends (since you think its always 4 man groups ill play this game)

a 4 dps

b 3 dps 1 tank

c 3 dps 1 healer

d 2 dps 2 tanks

e 2 dps 2 healer

f 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank

g 1 dps 2 healer 1tank

h 1 dps 1 heal 2 tanks

I 4 healer

j 3 healer 1 tank

k 2 healer 2 tanks

L 1 healer 3 tanks

m 4 tanks

2 Now anyone of these groups has a HUGE disadvantage when paired with 4 random pugs

examples (ill go with what you think is common)

a 2 healer (since u like to say cross healing) 1 dps 1 tank premade group now the pugs are 2 healer 1 dps and 1 tank .......thats 4 healer 2 tanks 2 dps pretty weak group what you really wanted from the pug was 1 tank 3 dps or even 4 dps

b 2 healer 2 dps premade pug group 3 tanks 1 healer......not a very good combo having 3 heal 3 tanks

I can go on and on about this but i think you get the point ... reg wzs are like a box of chocolate you never know what your gonna get

3 All premades are good.... this is so far from the truth....not really even gonna talk about it

4 All premades are geared....once again....you fail....Ill play along tho

a this now leaves 4 players that might all be in recruit gear (meaning half the team is easy pickings)

b since qs are random your team could be all full wh players or even half....teams are now even

5 mumble and vent ( yes this is an advantage but not that big ) you still have 4 people not on it so if you have to call inco well still got to type it....but yes going for CC caps it helps (until that guy not in mumble comes over and screws it up)

What you are really crying about!!!!!

group comp ( hate to tell you but I still cry when going into wz with a full premade and looking at the other 4 players that will be with me )

In short non ranked pvp or reg wz are not for competition its for fun if you are not having fun stop pvping or make a group..... it is alot more fun with a group of friends but you do not have to (its a choice)

Just gonna keep spamming this till I educate people

AND YES YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF HAVING A PREMADE ON YOUR TEAM AS YOU DO PLAYING AGAINST ONE...If you make your own premade you have 100% chance of being in a premade...but not 100% chance of winning

Edited by TheBigBee

AND YES YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF HAVING A PREMADE ON YOUR TEAM AS YOU DO PLAYING AGAINST ONE...If you make your own premade you have 100% chance of being in a premade...but not 100% chance of winning

--------------------------

I see this line over and over again, so i guess premades dont get it. I dont want to play vs a premade and I dont want to play with 1 either (and yes, anytime I que up and get on a team with a premade I leave that grp). Choices being to get rolled or cheese the wz and win...or to be frustrated or bored. Why would I want to cheese my way to an effortless win, that's not any better than being rolled. Solo que ppl want a fair fight. That's all we ask for. Premades obviously dont want that, or theyd be in rated.

--------------------------

I see this line over and over again, so i guess premades dont get it. I dont want to play vs a premade and I dont want to play with 1 either (and yes, anytime I que up and get on a team with a premade I leave that grp). Choices being to get rolled or cheese the wz and win...or to be frustrated or bored. Why would I want to cheese my way to an effortless win, that's not any better than being rolled. Solo que ppl want a fair fight. That's all we ask for. Premades obviously dont want that, or theyd be in rated.

Well you want something this game does not offer and will not offer. I would say u don't get and the premades do.

Well you want something this game does not offer and will not offer. I would say u don't get and the premades do.

..and that brings us back full circle yet again.... solo que ppl slowly quit and game dies due to lack of subs. Congrats....

1. The reason premades are not in rated is because there are no rated ques or players are trying to finish a daily/weekly. Most would probably care less, who they face. The point is to complete the task asap. Sure it might be "selfish", but it has nothing to do with them wanting to roll people for epeen 99% of the time. When I roll with guildies(like once or twice a week) I don't even bother logging into TS. They know how to play, and don't need coaching or "watching" to make sure they are doing what they are suposse to be doing. We don't even need to speak to each other, and typically are rofl at something totally unrelated to the WZ when we are on TS.

2. Do you consider 1 PuG stomping another "fair"? There is no such thing as a fair fight in this game. Premade or not, gear or not, class or not, 3 on 1/4 on 1 or not, good team comp or not, skilled or not. A ton of factors contribute to PvP puzzle. Yes, premade can sway the odds to be more in your favor, but what about all the rest of the factors? Oh I know, premades are why WZ suck, and is the only explaination.:rolleyes:

3. An "effortless" win is no different from a "hard earned" win... Same thing with losing... Its just a matter of learning to accept it/moving on/getting better or complain/ask for a design change/it's not me; it's you. People who complain about premades are mostly the latter and only want "token competition". If you sign up for PuGin', then you got to take the good with the bad... but people just quit a WZ when a premade is around cause its an easy way out instead of using it to learn about said premade...

4. And no, we don't need separate ques... Not at this point.. Split ques=No ques. That would actually be like removing life-support... They already tossed peeps a life jacket with the trivializing of gearing up in 1.6, so I am going to put my crash helmet and prepare for more premade QQ, cause it's coming..:rak_03:

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

I agree with your point. Premade a are rediculas in PvP, and makes life miserable for gearing/fresh players.

I could see something like this fixing the problem:

make solo que option only available if you are not in a group.

But you will still see fully war hero geared players queuing solo and shifting the balance.

Really, we just need to deal with it. Things may get better with war hero available for comms, I hear (but have no proof) that elite war hero gear has a very minor stat difference.

Just gotta w8 and see.

..and that brings us back full circle yet again.... solo que ppl slowly quit and game dies due to lack of subs. Congrats....

OK Mr. sky is falling, Why is it on my server (The Shadowlands PvE) that ques have not slowed once since server launch and I can get a pop 24/7? Should it have not slowed already? premades have been here since launch.

Take the gear gap reduction and enjoy yourself.

i read somewhere that the "matchmaking" does try to match premade vs premade, but gives cross-faction a higher priority, ie it matches cross faction pug vs premade before same faction premade vs premade. If that is true they should really change that as it would help without hurting anyone.

Also, a question on cross server queues, would that be worldwide? Don't you think there'd be lag issues? If it's continental only, or even east / west coast sepparated i'm not sure if it's the ultimate solution it's made out to be here...

Edited by sanchito

i read somewhere that the "matchmaking" does try to match premade vs premade, but gives cross-faction a higher priority, ie it matches cross faction pug vs premade before same faction premade vs premade. If that is true they should really change that as it would help without hurting anyone.

Also, a question on cross server queues, would that be worldwide? Don't you think there'd be lag issues? If it's continental only, or even east / west coast sepparated i'm not sure if it's the ultimate solution it's made out to be here...

I wouldn't mind a simple matchmaking tool to be used or improved on. if there is one; it would be nice if they communicated it, but I wil have to say I have not seen that many premades myself.

How did you get 100 wins before 50s bracket if you broke 50 8 months ago, before pre season 1? You were counting them personally?

By doing dailies and weeklies you can get about 2000 rwz comms a week (7x 100 + 300 + (1000/3) = 1333 + about 300 a day that you get from wzs is 700 rwz comms a week. It's not lightning speed, but fast enough for people to get 1 piece a week. And in 1.6 it will be much faster with WH.

Also why do you collect WH gear if you don't do competitive PVP with others? If you do PVP just for fun I think that you forgot that purpose.

your numbers look good on paper but they don't Roll ingame.

even with 8 Medals there are games when i only get 35-40 comms. alot of games actaully.

to break 100 comms per game you have to win...or have over 12 medals. even then you don't always break 100.

also...when i started gearing i did not know i could just grab some WH peices. so i did all BM first. then i started swapping to war hero. however the point still stands. its been a long hard road. due to Pre-mades and the Que dropping me in groups against them. 8 months and i'm not fully geared yet. don't think thats what BW wanted.

your numbers look good on paper but they don't Roll ingame.

even with 8 Medals there are games when i only get 35-40 comms. alot of games actaully.

to break 100 comms per game you have to win...or have over 12 medals. even then you don't always break 100.

also...when i started gearing i did not know i could just grab some WH peices. so i did all BM first. then i started swapping to war hero. however the point still stands. its been a long hard road. due to Pre-mades and the Que dropping me in groups against them. 8 months and i'm not fully geared yet. don't think thats what BW wanted.

FYI, 8 medals is the maximum that will affect your commendation count. Getting 12 will not get you more comms. Read the debuff on your bar when you hit 8 medals in a warzone.