Outrageous!

Totaltrash

I usually don't start threads, but I'm really pissed off.

I'm subbed since launch.

I've gotten my full WH gear shortly after it was released in April 2012 with 1.2.

It was one of the ugliest armor sets in the game, so I created my own outfit - many players did the same.

At ~45K per armor/mod/enhancement pulled, that was a significant expense!

8 months later, you expect me to still have the empty WH shells for EWH trade-in?:mad:

Effectively, you have reduced a 12-month subscriber to the same level as a fresh 50 (minus the MK-2 recruit gear, of course!).

With such blatant disregard for long-term customers, it's no wonder that your player numbers keep slipping and slipping!

You needed to trade in your BM shells for WH...what made you think that when they introduced the next tier of gear anything would change?

I had to buy an extra slot for my cargo but it was worth it seeing on how many shells, mods, enhancements and armorings I have in there.

Also I feel like you think you are entitled to something when you are not.

Edited by cycao

You needed to trade in your BM shells for WH...what made you think that when they introduced the next tier of gear anything would change?

I had to buy an extra slot for my cargo but it was worth it seeing on how many shells, mods, enhancements and armorings I have in there.

Also I feel like you think you are entitled to something when you are not.

Boom goes the dynamite.

wow. you are probably the only person who didnt understand that you need to have shells to trade in. what? you thought the trade in was only for BM to WH gear? you never thought to yourself, "hey, i need BM shells to trade up to WH gear, so i better hang onto these WH shells for when new tier comes out".

keep this bumped....

I'm with you. Yet again anyone that has been here since day 1 gets shafted. The joy of grinding yet another set of gear is very frustrating. Not to mention that what I realy want for mods out of the new gear totaly destroys my endurance if I want more power...

Now i know there has been several threads over this and to no avail our loyalty to this game deserves some reward.

Hell even when SWG screwed us with the NGE they gave us an elder robe and few trinkets to thank us for the long term loyalty.

THANKS BIOWARE for spitting in our faces again.

Whats the point of grinding out EWH when a month or 2 they going to giv it away again?

Just curious though did you guys get the elite war hero offhand and Mainhand?

Did you require your WH stuff for that? I am assuming that would have been a sign for you.

That being said I still think you should be able to just trade the gear with all the armorings and such to get the elite counterpart if you wanted.

keep this bumped....

I'm with you. Yet again anyone that has been here since day 1 gets shafted. The joy of grinding yet another set of gear is very frustrating. Not to mention that what I realy want for mods out of the new gear totaly destroys my endurance if I want more power...

Now i know there has been several threads over this and to no avail our loyalty to this game deserves some reward.

Hell even when SWG screwed us with the NGE they gave us an elder robe and few trinkets to thank us for the long term loyalty.

THANKS BIOWARE for spitting in our faces again.

Whats the point of grinding out EWH when a month or 2 they going to giv it away again?

I have been here since early access and in no way do I feel "shafted". I have been through every single gear grind they threw at me and this includes two months on the battle master rng grind from hell. This is to bridge the cap, which hopefully will get more players to BiS so its more about skill and not gear.

Honestly when I hear someone complain about this kind of rage about them making gear easier to get I think that they need that gap as a crutch and normally I don't think that but, yeah sounds like you need it as a crutch.

To add, what was done to SWG when they went from the CU to the NGE was the worst garbage update I have ever witnessed in any mmo and is not even in the ball park...no its not even in the same league compared to the changes made today.

Edited by cycao

Ah, fan boys - I should have known. :(

You guys were probably not even playing when BM gear was devalued.

8 months ago, there were no plans for another pvp gear set, nor were there any announcement that future gear sets would also require a trade-in. Until today, the BM-to-WH gear trade-in was unique.

I bet if they would have done that to PVE gear, all hell would break lose. But screwing the PVP'ers has become modus operandi for EAware and apparently the PVP'ers put up with it.

8 months ago, there were no plans for another pvp gear set, nor were there any announcement that future gear sets would also require a trade-in. Until today, the BM-to-WH gear trade-in was unique.

I bet if they would have done that to PVE gear, all hell would break lose. But screwing the PVP'ers has become modus operandi for EAware and apparently the PVP'ers put up with it.

I thought for sure they said when WH comes out that there would be more gear. Particularly, better looking gear. While the EWH gear does not fit that better looking part; I never felt like there would be no more gear at all.

Not too much offense intended, I try to stay positive on the forums, but your argument is the same as your username bud.

I don't want to call anyone names, but it strikes me as a bit naive to think that you wouldn't need those WH shells anymore. That said, I think I have an entire tab full of gutted shells on one of my toons (some of the shells are for other toons). having to hold onto all of them does seem a bit excessive. perhaps if optimizing didn't require so many repurchases.... lol Edited by foxmob

I'll tell you what really sucks... Optimization. It don't even matter that I kept the BiS WH pieces, they all are tied to a different stat allocation at the EWH level, so I need to farm a different WH piece for the trade in anyway...

It sucks... They should implement a modest, comm trade-in for legacy pieces. We would not have this problem, if they did.

Edited by L-RANDLE

II got rid of a lot of shells too but that was because i'm an idiot and its not biowares fault. It takes like 2 days to grind a full set back again..

Honestly. No real difference in what most people had to do for getting the mods/enhancements you needed for optimizing. A lot of the shells I have are for sorcerers and I use the healing ear chip.

First of all, I'm glad all you guys kept your shells - good for you.

My post was not about gear progression and it was not about entitlement.

I earned my WH set and I don't want the EWH set for free.

I'm not asking for credits back for the mod pulling or commendations for all the extra pieces needed for optimization. All I want to do is trade-in my custom set, since 8 months after release, I don't have the shells anymore.

My post is about how EAware blatantly mistreats long-term subscribers and how PVP'ers get screwed patch after patch.

I thought for sure they said when WH comes out that there would be more gear. Particularly, better looking gear. While the EWH gear does not fit that better looking part; I never felt like there would be no more gear at all.

I don't want to call anyone names, but it strikes me as a bit naive to think that you wouldn't need those WH shells anymore. <snip>

Of course, I expected gear progression!

What I did not expect is that gear progression requires a trade-in again. Ok, maybe I was naive but you didn't have to trade-in Centurion for Champions for BM gear, nor can you trade-in Recruit gear for Recruit gear MK-2 now. Nor do you have to trade-in any of the PVE sets for the next better set.

The BM->WH was the exception and EAWare did NOT ANNOUNCE 8 months ago that all future PVP sets will require that.

Wrong. You forgot about the WH - EWH Weapon/Offhand trade-in post BM - WH trade-in.

At this point, you just trollin'...

...and that was released only a couple of months back, check the patch notes. By that time, my shells were long gone.

Not too much offense intended, I try to stay positive on the forums, but your argument is the same as your username bud.

Ah, when you got nothing meaningful to say, try to insult the poster.

A simple fix would be for Bioware to require the armoring for turn-in. IE: WH head armoring to get EWH headpiece. That way, everyone is on the same page, regardless of whether or not you kept your shells.

Well ideally I would like it so you could just buy the mod/enhancement/armoring, I don't even care if the cost is 1k ranked comms it would just be nice to have that option.