Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

Completely different... I'd happily let Vader have a Star Destroyer. If he LIVED on one. The Singularity was pretty much Cronals Home... If there's any ship anyone should get, it's Cronal and the Singularity...
So Vader gets a floating meditation sphere, and his personal Imperial Palace on Coruscant? Aruk gets his palace too?

No houses, not capital ships.

P.S. Vader did spend a lot of time on the Executor. A lot of time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But again you forget that you don't have a clear shot at every single one of their vessels, and the Aggressors will be at the front. And if any shield can be taken down with a couple of laser blasts, it should be discontinued.

Any shields can be taken down with a couple of laser blasts given the right circumstances.

The strength of a shield completely depends on how much power is being diverted to it, and they have no reason to devote anywhere near as much power to the rear shields as the front.

I know I wouldn't have a clear shot at them all, but the Agressors would still need to be turned to do any good against Malgus' Stealth Fleet, and all MSF would have to do is fire at the larger vessels to have the same effect. Then of course there's the factor of the complete Disarray the introduction of a new fleet would bring... And the Disarray at the Opening of the conflict, where the fleet is ripped out of Hyperspace and Immediately fired upon...

So Vader gets a floating meditation sphere, and his personal Imperial Palace on Coruscant? Aruk gets his palace too?

No houses, not capital ships.

P.S. Vader did spend a lot of time on the Executor. A lot of time.

You said Weaponry... So not palaces, no. Come on dude, You can't give Vader the huge advantage of an Incredible fast personally modded Starfighter, and not let me have a Standard Imperial Star Destroyer >.>

They weren't even that good, It's just extra fodder for me :p

Edit: And it'd only be in battles Cronal would be in, which certainly isn't many.

Edited by Selenial

Can we talk about mass drivers?

Because game mechanics aren't a problem, mass drivers will be a one-hit kill to any weapon system or special attachment such as a gravity well or anti-missle field. They completely disregard shields, are impossible to avoid or deflect, and are a huge physical impact that will rip through pretty much everything.

Can we talk about mass drivers?

Because game mechanics aren't a problem, mass drivers will be a one-hit kill to any weapon system or special attachment such as a gravity well or anti-missle field. They completely disregard shields, are impossible to avoid or deflect, and are a huge physical impact that will rip through pretty much everything.

Mass Drivers are projectiles, and thus as far as I'm aware, still negated by the Gravity well of Interdictors.

Edit: Not sure why, but i always thought those were only on Cosortium space stations.

Edited by Selenial

Mass Drivers are projectiles, and thus as far as I'm aware, still negated by the Gravity well of interdictors.

Nope, mass drivers aren't affected by interdictors.

At least, I've never seen them be. Need to get out Forces of Corruption and find out, I suppose.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Any chance I can get the source on this?

Well, apparently gravity wells actually attract mass, such as space debris. Mass drivers are, effectively, mass. The reason missiles are disrupted is because they're guided. So the field disrupts the guidance system, sending it off course. However, weapons that go straight, such as torpedoes, and mass drivers, aren't affected.

Weaknesses part of this page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Immobilizer_418_cruiser

Well, apparently gravity wells actually attract mass, such as space debris. Mass drivers are, effectively, mass. The reason missiles are disrupted is because they're guided. So the field disrupts the guidance system, sending it off course. However, weapons that go straight, such as torpedoes, and mass drivers, aren't affected.

Weaknesses part of this page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Immobilizer_418_cruiser

Coolio, of course it would require a Direct shot to a Vessel that would Likely be Near the edge of the fray...

Quick question though, which Consortium ships had Mass Driver Canons?

Edit: Nvm, found them

Edited by Selenial

You said Weaponry... So not palaces, no. Come on dude, You can't give Vader the huge advantage of an Incredible fast personally modded Starfighter, and not let me have a Standard Imperial Star Destroyer >.>

They weren't even that good, It's just extra fodder for me :p

Edit: And it'd only be in battles Cronal would be in, which certainly isn't many.

I said personal starfighters and weaponry, not capital ships. Else I'd be allowing G0-T0s Yacht and the Executor. I can't pick and choose, no ifs, buts or onlys - rules are rules I'm afraid.

Also don't forget the Kaggath isn't fair, kudos to Canino for choosing the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy.

And like you said, the Singularity is just bantha fodder. I mean its not as if its coated in stygian-triprismatic polymer making it almost impossible to detect at sensor range and nearly invisible to the naked eye in deep space. Right?

And like you said, the Singularity is just bantha fodder. I mean its not as if its coated in stygian-triprismatic polymer making it almost impossible to detect at sensor range and nearly invisible to the naked eye in deep space. Right?

Shhh... It's a secret ;)

Seriously though, it makes sense.... Either way, I doubt, and i mean HIGHLY doubt Vader would survive long in a fighter anyway. He'd let off such huge echoes in the Force Traya could relay his location immediately...

Mass Drivers are projectiles, and thus as far as I'm aware, still negated by the Gravity well of Interdictors.

Edit: Not sure why, but i always thought those were only on Cosortium space stations.

Mass driver cannons hurl projectiles at roughly 2 km per second. Not a chance would be man made gravity well be able to negate it. Else they'd be tugging in starships as well like a miniature black hole.

Oh and just for a run down, the Vengeance-class frigates, Keldabe-class battleships are armed with mass drivers. The former has four and the latter has 1.

EDIT: They effectively move as fast, if not faster, than regular turbolaser fire.

Edited by Beniboybling

Shhh... It's a secret ;)

Seriously though, it makes sense.... Either way, I doubt, and i mean HIGHLY doubt Vader would survive long in a fighter anyway. He'd let off such huge echoes in the Force Traya could relay his location immediately...

It doesn't make sense if we don't allow the Executor. Living in it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

And Force users don't generate Force echoes, deaths do. And pin-pointing the exact location of a starfighter in space, even if in the same system, with any level of accuracy, is impossible for anyone.

Regardless if Vader where to attempt an escape, he would do so by cloaking the Merciless when the going gets tough and moving out of range of the Interdiction Fields (which would be difficult as they need a target to project to) then either flee in his starfighter or jump to hyperspace. The space battle providing a distraction.

Regardless we haven't decided who is going to win this battle yet. I expect what ever the outcome both sides will take extremely heavy losses, so in reality its a case of who can recover the fastest.

Mass driver cannons hurl projectiles at roughly 2 km per second. Not a chance would be man made gravity well be able to negate it. Else they'd be tugging in starships as well like a miniature black hole.

Oh and just for a run down, the Vengeance-class frigates, Keldabe-class battleships are armed with mass drivers. The former has four and the latter has 1.

EDIT: They effectively move as fast, if not faster, than regular turbolaser fire.

Well, it would actually be quite simple to avoid by angling the Hull towards incoming fire, thus leaving the Gravity Well Projector safely out of the firing line...

Though trench hasn't been shown to do this due to his very limited number of appearances, is it allowed?

Well, it would actually be quite simple to avoid by angling the Hull towards incoming fire, thus leaving the Gravity Well Projector safely out of the firing line...

Though trench hasn't been shown to do this due to his very limited number of appearances, is it allowed?

Its an incredibly unorthodox tactic, evident from a particular episode when Ashoka suggested it as a last resort and everyone was like "you crazy?"

But I expect they will perform some kind of evasive manueveres if they react quickly enough. Remember they will not be aware of the mass drivers, and it may come to late. And of course the Vengeance-class frigates can cloak, and then drop right on top of them. I expect once the FE learns what they are, they will become top priority.

However this will draw fire from the rest of the fleet, for a time.

It doesn't make sense if we don't allow the Executor. Living in it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

And Force users don't generate Force echoes, deaths do. And pin-pointing the exact location of a starfighter in space, even if in the same system, with any level of accuracy, is impossible for anyone.

Regardless if Vader where to attempt an escape, he would do so by cloaking the Merciless when the going gets tough and moving out of range of the Interdiction Fields (which would be difficult as they need a target to project to) then either flee in his starfighter or jump to hyperspace. The space battle providing a distraction.

Regardless we haven't decided who is going to win this battle yet. I expect what ever the outcome both sides will take extremely heavy losses, so in reality its a case of who can recover the fastest.

When I said it makes sense, I mean it makes sense not giving it to me... I could have written that better.

What was Kreias little lecture about Force Users being like a Mynock, flapping their winds creating ripples in the sand? Eh, can't remember the whole thing, but I think she could find Him, though it would be almost impossible to relay his exact location to trench now that I think about it, just the information he's in a fighter and thus vulnerable...

People would notice the flagship disappearing halfway through the battle, Trench would track it.. And the part I highlighted in Red, did you mean Wouldn't?

Yeh, I'm going into a more In depth Scenario for tomorrow, focussing more on the individual ships this time too, going into what ships would target which etc...

Oh, and As for the Who could recover faster, it all hinges on the question i asked earlier... Is this how it works?

Supply planet can produce ships your supplier produces,

Shipyard produces your original ships...

??? If that's it, then I can recover faster, due to the fact Sienar produces as many ships as my fleet, and Raxus is arguably a better shipyard than Yaga Minor, and faster, combined with Bonadan producing my normal Fleet... I think i could reproduce faster, especially as the only ship the IGBC has is the Munificent.... And lolz at that thing.

When I said it makes sense, I mean it makes sense not giving it to me... I could have written that better.

What was Kreias little lecture about Force Users being like a Mynock, flapping their winds creating ripples in the sand? Eh, can't remember the whole thing, but I think she could find Him, though it would be almost impossible to relay his exact location to trench now that I think about it, just the information he's in a fighter and thus vulnerable...

People would notice the flagship disappearing halfway through the battle, Trench would track it.. And the part I highlighted in Red, did you mean Wouldn't?

Yeh, I'm going into a more In depth Scenario for tomorrow, focussing more on the individual ships this time too, going into what ships would target which etc...

Oh, and As for the Who could recover faster, it all hinges on the question i asked earlier... Is this how it works?

Supply planet can produce ships your supplier produces,

Shipyard produces your original ships...

??? If that's it, then I can recover faster, due to the fact Sienar produces as many ships as my fleet, and Raxus is arguably a better shipyard than Yaga Minor, and faster, combined with Bonadan producing my normal Fleet... I think i could reproduce faster, especially as the only ship the IGBC has is the Munificent.... And lolz at that thing.

I meant would, see this image. The path of the vessel has to be plotted first, so the enemy would have to be aware of it.

Also note that while yes, Trench can track the magnetic signature of a vessel. It does not seem to provide a lock on its location, or at least allow him to fire on it through conventional means. As he could only use tracking torpedos.

Interdictors it should be noted, are practically immobilized when activated, making evasive maneuvers impossible, and they cannot raise their shields. The debris field surrounding Raxus Prime may also pose a problem, as the Interdiction field will draw in debris. Potentially damaging the vessel and those around it.

Also Yaga Minor, being a renowned shipbuilder, likely possess better shipyards. And Bonadan is only able to produce small veichles. So I would give a ship advantage to the Imperium. Especially given the fact that stealthed ships will take longer to manufacture.

I meant would, see this image. The path of the vessel has to be plotted first, so the enemy would have to be aware of it.

Also note that while yes, Trench can track the magnetic signature of a vessel. It does not seem to provide a lock on its location, or at least allow him to fire on it through conventional means. As he could only use tracking torpedos.

Interdictors it should be noted, are practically immobilized when activated, making evasive maneuvers impossible, and they cannot raise their shields. The debris field surrounding Raxus Prime may also pose a problem, as the Interdiction field will draw in debris. Potentially damaging the vessel and those around it.

Also Yaga Minor, being a renowned shipbuilder, likely possess better shipyards. And Bonadan is only able to produce small veichles. So I would give a ship advantage to the Imperium. Especially given the fact that stealthed ships will take longer to manufacture.

Then you meant wouldn't, as it "Wouldn't be hard" for them to escape the Interdictor if stealthed...

Point, I guess.

Wasn't the space battle above Raxus Segundus? o.0

Yaga Minor would have worse, In my opinion, shipyards than Raxus Prime. And Bonadan just adds onto that.

Bonadan would only have to produce small vehicles like Fighters and the Small Stealth ship really, and Raxus Prime would make up for the longer construction time with the fact it's shipyards are, again IMO, better than Yaga Minor.

I don't have time now, but I suggest you read up on Yaga Minor.

I also suggest you consider the following words: Sith assassins, boarding parties. :jawa_wink:

I know of Yaga Minor, but the Imperials were building Raxus up to Rival Kuat, of course though, this time being completely for the Empire, no one else...

Then again, it's possible it never achieved it's prime so we might have to discount that and just keep it as an average Shipyard world... But then again, a Strike on Yaga Minor wouldn't be hard, with stealthed vessels, How hard could it be to cripple a shipyard.... I mean, come on, the Assassins crippled the Harbinger with relative ease... :p

When you say Boarding parties, which ships were you thinking of? I'd considered it, but I'm not sure how many would really be worth it, Unless of course I sent them to like 30 crusaders, or a few Keldables...

Sooooo... Can I get an answer on the cloning facilities?