Welcome the famous "Bradleey" to JC!

klonkimo

I'm 100% sure it's a video of acorns carrying the ball w/o a light and then scoring 6 times in the span of about 2s in a watchmen vs. ld50 rated game. and yes. that did happen. whether it was an exploit or a glitch, I cannot say.

You're kidding yourself if you think that was a glitch.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that. Yes, that was actually a glitch involving a helmet Acorns used. Don't even ask me how a helmet could cause something like that because I have no idea, but I can tell you it has already been acknowledged and fixed by Bioware. Acorns still has the screenshots of the chats with customer service I think.

Try Hards is basically dead. People left to go back to old guilds (even some Unicorns). I really don't even know how they got thrown into the mix. They don't even check the forums at all really. Pillowz is now guildmaster of Try Hards anyways.

So the person that told me that I was wrong for saying Unicorns troll/crap talk alot. Have you seen the post that Dargos made? What gives him the right to talk ish? Just because he is in LD50? LD50 keep QQing about superQs and other random crap that doesn't even matter. It's a game. Seriously. I honestly only have problems with maybe, 4 people in LD50? It's the ones that talk ish all the time and never shut up(IE combatmedic/dargos). Unicorns has all the right to troll and talk ish just like LD50.

BONES!!!!!!!!! Hey buddy :D Sure solo kills are useful, especially when they result in me capping the offnode quickly afterwards :) Also, for a guy that doesn't care, you sure complain in /say alot :p

-- Much love

I just complain that 90% of our imp pugs do less than 100k in a warzone. You can get more than 100k in a long warzone just by auto shooting :( It's just sad that people talk so much ish about a game.

Maybe I'll come to pub side and chat with you for a bit. I like you :)

Oh, that. Yes, that was actually a glitch involving a helmet Acorns used. Don't even ask me how a helmet could cause something like that because I have no idea, but I can tell you it has already been acknowledged and fixed by Bioware. Acorns still has the screenshots of the chats with customer service I think.

If only all members of your guild could respond to posts in such a manner without starting a flame war. I take into account your point. I do find it rather hard to believe that absolutely nothing was amiss, however, If a helmet was a part of that It would not surprise me.

Although it would not come as a surprise if this glitch was known and exploited for the purpose that it did indeed serve in that video.

wow i think the waaambulances are all out on call. if you guys still care enough about this crap to scroll down this far you need to be sterilized so the world will not suffer your stupidity through your progeny. if this post is making you angry you need to immediately cancel your account and proceed to your nearest pastor/rabbi/therapist/whatever and work out some deep emotional issues that have obviously been rooted since your early childhood years. i pity you and hope you can learn to deal with yourself before you spiral into a deep dark depression that will end in schizophrenia/and or other severe emotional/mood disorders. thankyou and goodnight

After we figured out what caused it, he never did it purposefully. If he saw the glitch occur when he picked up the ball, he would throw it away or pass it to someone else. And I can assure you it never happened in ranked. But I digress, said glitch has long since been fixed and is now a non-issue.

Try Hards is basically dead. People left to go back to old guilds (even some Unicorns). I really don't even know how they got thrown into the mix. They don't even check the forums at all really. Pillowz is now guildmaster of Try Hards anyways. .

minigilgamesh, cade/cyde or something? saw them in 3 separate WZs tonight. some mara by the name of sain or sayin or something. saw smashmagician the other night (more frequently on healer alt). it doesn't take a village. we're talking about reg Qs. that is, if you're referring to my passing mention of guilds that supply useful/good premades on imp side.

You're kidding yourself if you think that was a glitch.

it definitely looks suspicious. but at the end of the day, I can only suspect. I don't suspect US of superQing. I was in one (not realizing what I was pugging into) for a minute. and, of course, various guild members have freely admitted it. what's comical to me is that you could see one as cheating and not the other.

Edited by foxmob

After we figured out what caused it, he never did it purposefully. If he saw the glitch occur when he picked up the ball, he would throw it away or pass it to someone else. And I can assure you it never happened in ranked. But I digress, said glitch has long since been fixed and is now a non-issue.

I understand what your saying. Personally however, from the evidence I can see from the video, I can't believe that there wasn't some intentions behind it. For example. lets say that it gave you invincibility and speed, why would you then proceed to jump backwards and forwards across the goal line to score 6 goals lol.

Ofc you can't see that from the video but I highly doubt a piece of gear give you and "insta" win in huttball without some kind of input from the player and recognition of this.

I am aware that this is a non issue now and I only brought this up as a side note to another argued point. I accept your points, have stated my opinions on it and really this doesn't really require much more discussion in my opinion.

I don't suspect US of superQing. I was in one (not realizing what I was pugging into) for a minute. and, of course, various guild members have freely admitted it. what's comical to me is that you could see one as cheating and not the other.

They are fairly different issues so comparing them both on a measure of "cheating" or not is a bit redundant.

There are many many posts about this where members of US speak about their thoughts on this and it is argued at great length.

You can refer to them on the issue. This thread had nothing to do with that.

To be honest I'm a bit tired kicking a dead unicorn :p in regards to this argument.

Basically it can be reasonably argued against and for by both sides to varying effects and will never truly be settled.

minigilgamesh, cade/cyde or something? saw them in 3 separate WZs tonight. some mara by the name of sain or sayin or something. saw smashmagician the other night (more frequently on healer alt). it doesn't take a village. we're talking about reg Qs. that is, if you're referring to my passing mention of guilds that supply useful/good premades on imp side.

it definitely looks suspicious. but at the end of the day, I can only suspect. I don't suspect US of superQing. I was in one (not realizing what I was pugging into) for a minute. and, of course, various guild members have freely admitted it. what's comical to me is that you could see one as cheating and not the other.

There is only a hand full of people that que with Try Hards now. Smash,Sayain,Pillowz,Bones,Panzer and a couple others. I'm not saying they don't exist, but they aren't as frequent as Unicorns. Try Hards is just a friends guild now, we don't run ranked....and don't plan on it.

Wow that was alot to read. This is the way I look at US. They are like this friend I have who likes to talk a lot of **** at the random guys bigger then him at the bar. I know he does it because myself and the rest of our friends will have his back and won't let him get hurt because he is a little guy. He is a coward at heart but he is my friend. I know he will never stop and I always got his back. From time to time I try to teach him how to fight so he can one day be a man who fights his own fights.

US you are that friend of mine. I have told you guys this before I don't agree with the super queing and que dodging. I know if you guys tried you could put together a good rateds team. For what ever reason it just doesn't happen. Like I said before I don't agree with what they do and I also do not pay their sub fee so I won't tell them how to spend their time on the game.

The faster you guys accept that they will never stop, the better off you guys will be and just learning how to deal with it.

Lets be honest here. PVP on this server is a joke. It will always be that way until cross server ques come. People on this server are just soft and don't understand what it takes to make a wining team let alone take the time and effort to work through the kinks to make your team better. 90% or more of the people on this server don't even have the right to talk about PVP like you know a thing or 2. Don't be so quick to point fingers because most of you guys doing that are **** at pvp as well.

That is all. Troll on or be civil.

Edited by ImInTheWorld

US you are that friend of mine. I have told you guys this before I don't agree with the super queing and que dodging. I know if you guys tried you could put together a good rateds team. For what ever reason it just doesn't happen. Like I said before I don't agree with what they do and I also do not pay their sub fee so I won't tell them how to spend their time on the game.

yeah I tried for about 2 months to get a rated team together twice a week for scheuled ranked games. We had a fair run and would spend time each week in outlaws den practicing focus targetting, fire pulls, double pulls, sap caps etc in order to better our team... I tried my damnest to get US moving in the right direction with the help of a few notable others such as Fatkat and Totherkins. Unfortunately that team after the first month or so started to have issues with people dropping from the game and such left right and centre, then to the point where I myself had to take a break to focus on my job for a bit.

At some point i may get my finger our and see if I can resurrect a team again with scheduled times but at the moment seeing I have just come back to the came the last couple of weeks I'm just playing it casual at the moment. But who knows, I may see you in ranked one day again.

With regards to super queuing I don't actively go out my way to super queue peronally but I do know my guildies do do it on occasion, and my opinion is much the same as yours, I kinda understand why they do it but I don't pay their subs so I'm not about to tell them what to do. Although the metaphor you used isn't exactly flattering I do appreciate your feedback.

They are fairly different issues so comparing them both on a measure of "cheating" or not is a bit redundant.

ok, we'll assume worst case scenario for acorns: if acorns knows the helm he wears causes the ball to glitch in hb and he continues to wear it because it provides him a distinct advantage, you'd call that cheating, right?

now, reg Qs are limited to only 4m premades at a time. a grp of 8 ppl discover a method (their proverbial helm) to ensure that they get an 8m premade into a WZ, is that not also cheating?

did acorns make the helm? no. did the 8m team make the Q system? no. but they both use them in exploitive ways. it's virtually impossible for BW to prevent jack wagons from superQing the way they do it without eliminating premade grps completely from WZs. think about it. if all you have to do is drop and reQ, eventually, you'll land with your other premade. any Q that allows grps is going to be susceptible to this form of manipulation. do you want to be forced to solo Q all the time? I wouldn't. they found a way to CHEAT the system. and what are their arguments:

1. zabusa: "I can do it. therefore it must be legal" orly? cuz acorns *can* wear that helm...
  2. various others: "we need to do it to compete." translation: we can't win enough to our satisfaction within the rules, so we cheat.
  3. varous others: "we want to play with our friends." - uh...yeah. form a grp of 4. got 5+ friends? run 2 grps.

these are excuses to cheat. and it's all well and good that devil is awesome. that uncensored and ld50 are awesome. that various other guilds have a few awesome players. newsflash, most players who Q are not on par with the cheaters who superQ. just cuz you get spanked by your betters who play by the rules doesn't give you the right to cheat and spank everyone else (who you could usually spank in a 4m, btw). why wouldn't I be outraged when I draw a superQ in a reg? my choices are sit there and get stomped by cheaters or drop and let someone else sit there and get stomped. and then they quit and so on and so forth. grow up. use the Q system as it's designed. and yeah, you bet your ***** i'm gonna chime in on this every time it comes up.

Ran across the Troll diaries in one of my 'lost on the interweb' afternoons. Good stuff folks. Welcome to the server, as I too am new from another server. Hope your journey is as fun as I hope mine is. RP server was .... RP and when my brother and friends I ran with left the game to return to another MMO that I spent 5 years on, I was left with ....RPers *shudder* :eek:

Cheers to JC and to good times inc!