What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

Fastdoze

I've encountered some players which I could swear there toon is not the same sex as when they play, by what they say and how they act etc. When encountering a player that does choose this, what are you supposed to think? Judge them in some way? or something else?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you will meet tons of people like that so you will have to get used to it or leave

i got used to it it's not that weird you just gotta think everyone is a men and it works pretty well cause girls mostly doesn't seem to getoffenden when they are confused with a guy on a mmo i think they know about this issue too lol

I am playing a female character, she is an Imperial Agent. I just like the way she looks, nothing wrong with that. If blokes wouldn't play female characters, 95% of people running around would be male, and that would suck.

New to MMOs? This is a common occurance. Hell, half the 'female' toons in my guild are played by male players (and two of the 'male' toons are played by the wives of two of the 'female' toons players).

You can never assume a character's gender matches that of the player in an MMO

Most female toons are guys anyway. It's all about which backside you'd rather stare at :)

You are so right.

I figured out after leveling a male dwarf hunter to 85 in that other MMO, I would only roll females. I got tired of staring at a male butt very quick.

Tomb Raider is just for girls too amirite?

Some of my favorite SW characters are girls. The Shans alone are awesome.

Your character doesn't have to be an exact representation of yourself. Just fyi.

Dunno, I don't spend my time IRL hunting aliens for money using FTL spaceships, blasters or studying the Force, I don't see why it would be more weird to play a female character.

Most female toons are guys anyway. It's all about which backside you'd rather stare at :)

Ain't that the truth! Why else are the Tomb Raider games so popular - I doubt only "girls" play them.

Personally, I don't create alter-egos for myself when playing a game, I don't hard-core RP but still play each toon as an actual "individual" who I follow along/guide through the game. Therefore, I always have a mix of male and female toons in games because that's "who they are" so to speak.

BJ

It bothers me when there are perfectly acceptable male character to chose from. Unless you want to play a character and it only comes in 1 gender (kinda like old school games) I get it. Or, if they replay the game as a female, again, that's fine.

"I want to stare at a girl's butt rather than a dudes..."

I'm not starring at any butts in the game... and if I was it wouldn't be a cartoonish star wars toon's bum.

In the end, it's for the best. People can do what they want. If it wasn't for that, they wouldnt hire female voice actors for the PCs.

Now that I think about it... I wonder which is the least popular class/gender combo in the game... The other day I went to listen to all voices for each class and gender.

I'll say it's probably the Female Bounty Hunter, and then maybe the Female Trooper... which is unforunate because that's Jennifer Hale... then again she is all over the game anyway.

I've made female toons in the past (Previous MMO's), but I always end up regretting it later. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I don't think there's anything wrong with it though. My daughter often times plays a male toon because she doesn't like the attention that a female toon brings and I think she just likes the looks of the male toons. lol

In other games, I might have a problem with. But considering that this one is very voiceover-dependent and I hate some of the male voice actors (Inquisitor, Consular) I've decided to roll a female one for those classes. If anyone asks I will of course say that I'm a man. Nobody has done it yet, though.

There's nothing wrong with it, my first character was a guy because he emulates myself, but I've made several female characters as well. You should try it sometime, it's fun being something that you aren't in real life. (That's why we play games anyway, isn't it?)

The first time I played a female toon was in WOW. I played a Night Elf druid and decided to roll a female because this was going to be my main healer. To be perfectly honest, I got tired of the following...

- Guys asking me if I was a girl IRL... all the time. Some of them didn't believe me even when I said I was a guy "You're probably a hot girl and you just don't want the guys to flirt with you!"

- Guys flirting with me, because they assumed I was a girl IRL.

- Guys asking to cyber, because again, if I'm playing a girl toon, I must be a girl IRL!

Anyway, I stopped playing that toon and have played male characters since. IMO, in TOR, it makes more sense due to companion relationships. I certainly don't need Corso or Aric trying to get into my pants all the time. ;)

I don't think anything of it.

I am female and I have been playing video games since Atari, so I have played as a lot of male characters over the years, as sometimes you do not get a choice. And of course, it's already been mentioned that there are popular video games with female leads that I am sure males have played and enjoyed.

Yes, you do get a choice in this game, and most of my characters are female, but I do have one male character (and planning another.) I play them all as characters in a story, not as myself. I do talk as myself in chat, but I am just here to play the game with people, not get intimate, so I do not understand why it would bother anybody.

Guess what? I am not an Imperial Agent in real life either. ;)

Edited by lornalove
clarity and ocd