Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many ppl have read the patch notes where it says their doing a double exp "may the 4th be with you" event? Stop asking for double exp lol

We should get 4 times XP then lol

How is it harsh? We pay to play, we do not pay to keep hearing the words "Thank you for your patience"

Yeah but saying they should lose there job is a little harsh in my book. Don't get me wrong, I am in the same boat as you guys. I am paying for subscription as well and I am also on my last 10 day or so of it. We just have to be patient. I understand if you lost your patience because it has been like what 8 - 10 hours since the servers went down. ( don't know the exact time. Depends on timezone.)

How is it harsh? We pay to play, we do not pay to keep hearing the words "Thank you for your patience"

stop being unreasonable you entitled... person

the games down

**** happens

get a new hobby

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 2nd in order to apply Game Update 5.2.1. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 2 May 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.2.1

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

I have been searching to find an update on today 5/2/2017 and why the servers are not back up. It is now 4:38 PM on the East Coast of USA and I am still showing the servers down. It shows me that all are but I can find no info on why and what is going on? Can you please post something on what is going on? This was only supposed to be four hours and this is way past that mark.

I have been searching to find an update on today 5/2/2017 and why the servers are not back up. It is now 4:38 PM on the East Coast of USA and I am still showing the servers down. It shows me that all are but I can find no info on why and what is going on? Can you please post something on what is going on? This was only supposed to be four hours and this is way past that mark.

Haven't you been reading Dev tracker? They have ran into trouble.

We should get 4 times XP then lol

Heck I don't want xp. I actually HATE doubled xp and wish there was a way to turn it off (if there is, I don't know about it). I would rather have cartel coins. And gawd DON'T give us another pet that I will never use. It will go into the trash bin with all the stupid titles I never use.

We have been talking about this the entire time. Login was messed up but that is fixed but servers are still down because of some major issues, so the developers say. Last thing they said was they are double checking which was about an hour and some change.

Also you can log in, I did, patched, and am sitting at the server list showing offline. So not sure why people keep posting they cant log in.

Oh that's right, you're whiners.

Since we Pay quite a lot for this , maybe we just should stop :p? no info , nothing at all they just take their time and our money :D !

Can't hope everyone agree , lets be optimistic ^^

stop being unreasonable you entitled... person

the games down

**** happens

get a new hobby

How is it unreasonable wanting to use a service I pay for?? You go into a restaurant and order food, you dont get the food in reasonable amount of time, you complain dont you?

Haven't you been reading Dev tracker? They have ran into trouble.

My Dev Tracker is showing the year 2012 I do not see anything for 2017 and I am not sure how the time is on the forums because it does not match mine :(

Any new info yet? The day is almost gone :(

I'm going to assume from the posting times that you hit the Submit button at the same time as the folks posting right before you did and give you the link that they provided:

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

My Dev Tracker is showing the year 2012 I do not see anything for 2017 and I am not sure how the time is on the forums because it does not match mine :(

What URL are you looking at? This one is the one we use. Maybe you're looking at something else?

Edited by dr_mike

How is it unreasonable wanting to use a service I pay for?? You go into a restaurant and order food, you dont get the food in reasonable amount of time, you complain dont you?

I think this is gonna be the time I am just gonna put this guy on ignore.

fair enough but your needless whining literally adds nothing to the conversation

youre pissed and want to play, its not going to bring the servers up any quicker is it

Heck I don't want xp. I actually HATE doubled xp and wish there was a way to turn it off (if there is, I don't know about it). I would rather have cartel coins. And gawd DON'T give us another pet that I will never use. It will go into the trash bin with all the stupid titles I never use.

I know your feeling. Pets are sometimes cool for your stronghold but gets annoying if it is the only reward. I rather spend cartel coins on stuff that i really want or need, even if it is a small amount of cartel coin that is fine. (still for myself I don't care about reward or compensation)

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Wow, what a day trying to get everyone back in the game! As you already know, maintenance today has not gone as planned. So, I felt it was important to jump in and discuss what's transpired and what's going on.

First, during our initial validation steps this morning, anyone using BitRaider to update the SWTOR client quickly discovered nothing was actually downloaded. This delayed the opening by about an hour.

Second, as soon as we were ready to verify everything was working properly (around 11:30am CT), we found we couldn't connect to the game and were receiving a Login Server is unavailable message. Unfortunately, this was a Datacenter wide issue, preventing access to more than just SWTOR. It took a while to identify what was causing the issue, so they were unable to provide all of us with an ETA.

Third, we now have access to the game, and everyone should be able to patch their clients, but we are still having connection issues with the back-end services. Again, we don't have an ETA on full resolution, yet.

I sincerely apologize for all the delays today. I've already had discussions with all the teams involved and it remains my personal goal to have any SWTOR maintenance complete early; not be delayed like what happened today.

Thanks for your understanding and patience with us today!

---Keith