PLEASE!, Server transfers for Asia-Pacific

LUCASCASADEIS

Oh Hai Bioware!

What a joke of a post. Actually, all of your posts in this thread must surely be jokes...is this your stand-up routine? A joke.

I've been playing this game since launch and on Master D since it opened. I have two eyes and know how to use them. According to my eyes, here are the facts:

-Today it is hard to get over 100 people on imperial fleet even in prime time

-Over the past few months, that number has been steadily decreasing. At start of the Oceanic servers we had multiple instances of fleet, with 400+ players on fleet

-At 1.2 that number we had a temporary spike with 200-300 people on fleet

-At 1.3, well there was a spike for maybe 2 days, until people realized what a fail RWZs were

-For the past 3 months, we have rarely gone over 200+ on fleet

-For the past month, we struggle to break 150 on fleet

-For the past two weeks, we struggle to break 100 on fleet

See the trend?

Most of the guilds that were here at opening of Master D are no longer here. Their players long gone.

Making "new" friends every 2 weeks is tiresome. You need some stability to keep people motivated to build relationships - what's the point leveling/gearing with someone if the guy you liked grouping with is going to be gone in a few weeks?

I have been in exactly 5 guilds on this server. 1 guild had over 100 members and another had over 300 members at one point. Only 1 has not yet "/gdisband".

But to you, the servers are "loaded" and fine. What a joke. Maybe if you don't like competitive playing, then yeah I'm sure this server is working out great for you. But a LOT of us like competition (whether it be excelling at PvP or PvE). WIth small numbers, being the best means nothing.

We need mergers, or at least allow us to transfer. You must be blind not to see this.

I've been on Master D since the beginning as well, 50's in both factions, I'm 100 percent addicted to this game and play nightly.

I've seen the massive fleets that used to be Master D pre Diablo 3, and I've seen the numbers dwindle down extremely.

Last night, I spent the majority in PVP queue, and maybe played 4 matches? Pops every 20 mins or so, even with a couple of matches ending early, this was in prime time.

I've seen and posted in multiple threads about APAC SWTOR, and there has to be a merge at least with the PVP/PVE server.

Nearly every single person in Master D would give the lowbie pvp beating up for a healthy queue and constant LFG's etc.

The RP folks it would be 100 percent up to them if they want to merge or not, but a transfer to US-EU server would be absolutely horrendous. Some of the top PVP'ers in Master D have noted they won't move out due to a handsome ping that no other MMO offers and it's 100 percent true, I wouldn't go back to a US server.

I'm a bit of a gambling man and I'm willing to throw a bet on the fact that Bioware are waiting for f2p before merging, this would be a really bad move, cause I'm telling you now, numbers are going to get thinner and thinner before most folks would even realise.

Bioware need to act on this asap.

Errrrr no. Server pop has been steadily dropping off in Master D and it looks like Gw2 is basically the final nail in the coffin. We have pop yes thats true but after speaking to a few republic Gm's its just getting harder and harder to fill up raids and apparently filling RWZ's are now a nightmare.Doing a HM FP out of guild is normally a 30-2 hour wait.

Don't get me wrong we do have some pop but is it enough? I feel it's not. Havent seen fleet go above 70 people in the last week and thats during our peak time (8pm AEST)

Now asto merges..... I don't see how it could work.

LOL, ppl transferred from US server to asia server,

only 4 countries can do,

now u want them to transfer back????

last time i logined there, there were 2xx ppl .

only 4 countries can do,

Where do I state i want to go back to a US server? and lol you obviously haven't logged onto master D in about 6 weeks.....

only 4 countries can do,

I don't when was the "last time" you log in and which server for your 2xx ppl.

I play in Dalborra server (the most populated one amoung Asia servers), I log and play almost everyday, I mostly log in prime time and weekend, but sometimes week day morning before go to office, if I wake up early. For weeks, the server status is always light to medium, never heavy. On the passed Saturday and Sunday, during prime time, we hardly have over 90 ppl at the fleet, mostly 60ish to 80ish, 10mins to 15mins wait between WZs queue.

Fanboi will say its becoz of school kids back to school, or when ppl get disappointed with GW2, they come back. Useless excuses.... so I have to wait until next summer for the server being populated again? And even some ppl will disappointed with GW2, do you think SWTOR is the only place they can return? Mostly when ppl leave, they just leave.

I am not a SWToR hater, I like this game so I open my wallet and pay for it. But lets face the fact, we need some serious fix here in SWTOR, or more ppl with leave, 'coz we like this game, but we don't fall in love with this game.

Free unlimited transfer like RIFT.

Cross-servers War-zone/Flashpoint like all another 647,342 MMOs which ALREADY have.

Merge more dying servers, most planets are empty to play.

Multi talent spec., so ppl don't have to reroll & reroll & reroll with the boring PvE content or stuck with only one playing style.

Give us real space combat, not Star-Fox 2012. (ppl is still playing space missions??)

SWTOR has been way too slow in bug fix and improvement. Don't tell me again how long it takes WoW Vanilla to have this and that, for goodness sake that game was year 2004 and monopoly the MMO market with no serious competitors, what year is now and how many other MMOs out there?

It is not GW2 or WoW-Kungfu Panda killing SWTOR. Its Bioware itself.

I don't when was the "last time" you log in and which server for your 2xx ppl.

I play in Dalborra server (the most populated one amoung Asia servers), I log and play almost everyday, I mostly log in prime time and weekend, but sometimes week day morning before go to office, if I wake up early. For weeks, the server status is always light to medium, never heavy. On the passed Saturday and Sunday, during prime time, we hardly have over 90 ppl at the fleet, mostly 60ish to 80ish, 10mins to 15mins wait between WZs queue.

Fanboi will say its becoz of school kids back to school, or when ppl get disappointed with GW2, they come back. Useless excuses.... so I have to wait until next summer for the server being populated again? And even some ppl will disappointed with GW2, do you think SWTOR is the only place they can return? Mostly when ppl leave, they just leave.

I am not a SWToR hater, I like this game so I open my wallet and pay for it. But lets face the fact, we need some serious fix here in SWTOR, or more ppl with leave, 'coz we like this game, but we don't fall in love with this game.

Free unlimited transfer like RIFT.

Cross-servers War-zone/Flashpoint like all another 647,342 MMOs which ALREADY have.

Merge more dying servers, most planets are empty to play.

Multi talent spec., so ppl don't have to reroll & reroll & reroll with the boring PvE content or stuck with only one playing style.

Give us real space combat, not Star-Fox 2012. (ppl is still playing space missions??)

SWTOR has been way too slow in bug fix and improvement. Don't tell me again how long it takes WoW Vanilla to have this and that, for goodness sake that game was year 2004 and monopoly the MMO market with no serious competitors, what year is now and how many other MMOs out there?

It is not GW2 or WoW-Kungfu Panda killing SWTOR. Its Bioware itself.

Unfortunately, I simply believe that BioWare have given up. F2P is a ploy to postpone the inevitable shut down of this game. I love this game, but eventually we are all just going to have to bite the bullet.

I play 5+ hours a day mainly on the asia-pac RP-Pve server. we hit 40 on fleet now and then. It is more often around 20 prior to 10 PM. I play both republic and empire sides.

Please post the screenshots of the 100s on fleet.

2 out of three servers are struggling population wise, I have not personally been on the PvE server for some weeks so i will not be ignorant and post re numbers there.

Please do not speak for all three if you think the pop is fine.

Edited by Elkirin

So glad to see other people getting together on this issue. I posted on another thread about this, but here's a stat for you.

I played last night between 10:30pm and 12:30am AEST on the PvP server. I was on Hoth. Population total = 1 (me) for the whole two hours.

Yeah

So glad to see other people getting together on this issue. I posted on another thread about this, but here's a stat for you.

I played last night between 10:30pm and 12:30am AEST on the PvP server. I was on Hoth. Population total = 1 (me) for the whole two hours.

Yeah

Chances anything will be done about this? At the moment Bioware is too busy posting updates about thier "Exciting new content coming soon!" since April.

Yeah

Welcome to the "Lonely Planet" series, now by Bioware.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I would sell my soul to get a character off the AP Server and back onto the US WEST server I am on...

I know you all like you mythical pings and your imagined Asian hosted servers but over the years of many many many MMO's I have come to realise that I prefer the US servers for roleplay and guilds. .. (being an insombiac helps a ton) .. I'm not saying anything against the AP servers thats very cool .. I just want a paid transfer so I can move a 47 Sniper back to the US servers.

pleeeeeeeese .. come on Bioware take my money and move my character :):p

PS ...

Yes I am based in Australia so I too was silly enough to move to the AP servers.

Edited by Mudge

TL;DR Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala has a low population. (Details here).

As of Monday's analysis (9/10/2012), Dalborra (PvE) is at 85% of it's numbers as of 2 months ago. The average PvE server is at 84% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. Dalborra is fine.

Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) is at 96% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. The average RP-PvE server is at 104% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. Gav Daragon is fine.

Master Dar'Nala is at 58% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. The average PvP server is at 68% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. PvP is decreasing rapidly. Master Dar'Nala is losing population faster that.

In summary, Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine, and are doing as well as most servers of their type. Master Dar'Nala has experienced a population drop of 42%, which is higher than most PvP servers.

Data here - check the APAC analysis tab.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

There is no requirement for any merger for the Asia Pacific we have one each of the servers that are available to everyone which is PVE, RP, PVP.

All with healthy populations thus far..........

Where do you get this from? Gav Daragon is a dead server now. MD is heading that way. Only Dalborra, which had about 140 on Imp fleet at peak time last night, is doing well.

TL;DR Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala has a low population. (Details here).

As of Monday's analysis (9/10/2012), Dalborra (PvE) is at 85% of it's numbers as of 2 months ago. The average PvE server is at 84% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. Dalborra is fine.

Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) is at 96% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. The average RP-PvE server is at 104% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. Gav Daragon is fine.

Master Dar'Nala is at 58% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. The average PvP server is at 68% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. PvP is decreasing rapidly. Master Dar'Nala is losing population faster that.

In summary, Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine, and are doing as well as most servers of their type. Master Dar'Nala has experienced a population drop of 42%, which is higher than most PvP servers.

Data here - check the APAC analysis tab.

Paige

Logins are not indictive of anything to do with server health.

Logins are not indictive of anything to do with server health.

I agree with that, depending on how you define "server health".

Server health is a rather subjective thing that incorporates, in my mind, things like the following: how nice is the community? Are new players tolerated and trained? Do people steal quest objectives? Do people participate in RP? Are there active warzones? Do people PUG for flashpoints? What's going on with the auction house?

I can't speak to any of those very important measures of server health.

I believe the point of the thread was transfers for APAC servers based on a percieved lack of logins?

I'm merely giving you an idea of approximately how many other bodies are there on the server with you. I do not claim to have any insight on anything other than number of logins.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

I agree with that, depending on how you define "server health".

Server health is a rather subjective thing that incorporates, in my mind, things like the following: how nice is the community? Are new players tolerated and trained? Do people steal quest objectives? Do people participate in RP? Are there active warzones? Do people PUG for flashpoints? What's going on with the auction house?

I can't speak to any of those very important measures of server health.

I believe the point of the thread was transfers for APAC servers based on a percieved lack of logins?

I'm merely giving you an idea of approximately how many other bodies are there on the server with you. I do not claim to have any insight on anything other than number of logins.

Paige

I'll restate my comment. It is not indictive of the amount of players online, as certain things can contribute to having to relog on to a server. Such as, and not limited to, server dropouts, going afk for long periods of time and the like.

I'll restate my comment. It is not indictive of the amount of players online, as certain things can contribute to having to relog on to a server. Such as, and not limited to, server dropouts, going afk for long periods of time and the like.

On this I must disagree. The numbers are based on the *two week average* server status, sampled every five minutes, and then averaged, as described in the methods here (LINK). This average is a substantial amount of data collected and averaged over the two week time period, and reflects average server status as people log in and out.

Paige

On this I must disagree. The numbers are based on the *two week average* server status, sampled every five minutes, and then averaged, as described in the methods here (LINK). This average is a substantial amount of data collected and averaged over the two week time period, and reflects average server status as people log in and out.

Paige

Again, my last comment stands and is a valid point.

Edited by Jarlgon

Hm. I must not be explaining this well. Or maybe I don't understand you.

Is the basic logical gap here is that you believe that the average number of players on a server over the last two weeks is a meaningless number?

If so, cool. :-) Don't use that number for anything.

Or is the basic logical gap that you believe my estimate of the average number of players on a server over the last two weeks is incorrect?

If so, cool. :-) Show me a better way to get at that number? My original methods are discussed (at length) here.

If you don't/can't/won't read that wall of text, that's cool too. Just let me know what your method is and I'll give it a try.

Paige

• 6 months later...