2.7 New PvP gear set

-KeggER-

I have a question. With 2.7, they are adding a new set of pvp gear that will be available for ranked comms. Assuming conquerors will go away and the obroan set will be available at reg comm prices. Are we going to need to trade in the obroan gear for the new gear along with the ranked comm price just as we have to now?

I have a question. With 2.7, they are adding a new set of pvp gear that will be available for ranked comms. Assuming conquerors will go away and the obroan set will be available at reg comm prices. Are we going to need to trade in the obroan gear for the new gear along with the ranked comm price just as we have to now?

That's what everyone is expecting. I suggest you count on it.

Even though it is stupid as hell, especially for the implants/relics/earpieces.

Edited by Evolixe

Wish they'd change that. Would be nice to be able to keep some of the older skins. Or at least not have to buy them a second time.

Anyway its already enough of a grind getting the ranked gear.

Where exactly did you read that? O.o

Where did you not.....?

I assume you guys are talking about the ranked set awarded at the end of season 1 no? I'm pretty sure that's just a recolored Obroan. If you're talking about an entirely new Gear Tier, I'd be very glad if you could point out where BW announced that :confused:

I assume you guys are talking about the ranked set awarded at the end of season 1 no? I'm pretty sure that's just a recolored Obroan. If you're talking about an entirely new Gear Tier, I'd be very glad if you could point out where BW announced that :confused:

No... How did you miss an entire thread about this:

As you can see (and as many of you have reported), the blue mods are scaling much better than Obroan. We will be looking at Bolster and making adjustments to work towards correcting this issue, particularly as we get towards 2.7 and a new set of PvP gear.

-tw

No... How did you miss an entire thread about this:

Oh that bolster thread...ok yeah, for me "2.7 and a new PvP gear set" actually means we'll try to fix it in 2.7 or in the future when we come close to releasing a new PvP set...I don't know how people managed to understand that a new PvP set will come with 2.7 O.o but if one does come...I'll have to get back to maxing out comms again >.>

Edited by Tevzz

A new set is coming in 2.7, the devs have referenced this fact a couple of times.

I wish they would not release a new set tho, gear grinds are not content. We should only see new sets of gear when the level cap is raised.

Precisely that.

Oh that bolster thread...ok yeah, for me "2.7 and a new PvP gear set" actually means we'll try to fix it in 2.7 or in the future when we come close to releasing a new PvP set...I don't know how people managed to understand that a new PvP set will come with 2.7 O.o but if one does come...I'll have to get back to maxing out comms again >.>

There will be a new set because a new Nightmare operation will drop a new gear pieces. Simple as that...

Why are they giving us another gear set?

Lol, like others have mentioned a new gear set should only be released when they raise the level cap, and I am still working on the ranked gear right now, gonna be a pain in the *** to have to grind for more gear again. I just don't understand why they are doing this without raising the level cap. At least add some content to the game, instead of another gear grind.

Also, I been augmenting my gear with mk-9 and purple 28's.... At least I can reuse the 28's, but damn all those mk-9 kits.... and we probably have to turn in our old skins, which is really disappointing to me, because I liked the skin for Obroan Operatives.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

If that happens I'll leave the game.

There will be a new set because a new Nightmare operation will drop a new gear pieces. Simple as that...

What? Another tier of PvE gear? ***...seriously, Bioware should just wait until a new level cap increase and give it then...

A new set is coming in 2.7, the devs have referenced this fact a couple of times.

I wish they would not release a new set tho, gear grinds are not content. We should only see new sets of gear when the level cap is raised.

Then vote with your wallet. I will not be staying past April with new games on the horizon, I am not redoing all my toons again, if I only had 1, sure, maybe, but nah, enough is enough.

Time to pull out my old comment again... BW is trying hard to make me unsub. They're trying harder with each patch.

Personally, I don't want to grind another 2 sets of armor to get a good set on my Tank, plus I hardly have my alts geared and every time they get to it a new set comes. No thanks. I'll just play some new huttball and then it might be it.

While I am not completely against new gear, we need enough time notice before a new tier is introduced. We are a month away from 2.7 and we have no clue if there is a new PvP gear tier or not (more likely than not, but no confirmation). Also, new tier of gear is NOT content. Not to mention it will be a new bolster system... We just managed to understand the current one..