More Companions

JulianAjax

So I know this gets brought up from time to time in other threads, and this is probably a touchy subject given how this latest patch jazzed up companions. I would like the chance to buy some of the NPCs I have met form the original chapters and have them as companions.

With all of the companions we got from KoTFE, and now pets and droids, I have all of these companions that I really have no feeling for, or attachment to. Instead of giving us more companions with a made up backstory, give us the ones we already lived the backstory with, Regardless of what happened to them in canon.

I would pay serious cartel coins for Jaxxo and Watcher 2. To a lesser extent Former Minister of intelligence, Thana Vesh, Hesker, Crysta Markon, Darth Baras... I mean there could be quite a list.

Take some of the wireframes from the cutscenes, slap on a generic companion rotation, and cut and paste of of their previous dialogue for their action quips. and start printing money. The don't need an update to the story or an explanation on how they ended up as my companion.

I give you cartel coins, you give me the companions I want. No questions asked!

:)

While I like the idea of bringing back old NPCs as companions (or even just NPC contacts), I can see a problem with making them available through the Cartel Market and that problem is storyline choices. Specifically, the fact that, by a player's actions, some NPCs can die (sooner or later), which would need a lot of choice flagging, lockouts and whatnot most likely to keep dead characters from coming back as living companions.

Examples, using some of your suggestions..

Jaxo - subject of a choice to save her or a prison full of Republic POWs, so she can end up dead.

Crysta - Killed by a Jedi seeking revenge because you collected a bounty on a friend of his.

Watcher Two - If an Agent becomes an SIS double-agent, she becomes one of the enemies fought on Nathema during the Conspiracy Flashpoint.

Darth Baras - even if you don't kill Baras in the vanilla game, he becomes part of Vinn Atrus' conspiracy and dies on Nathema

I'm not trying to trash the idea, though, just point out some difficulties. I know that I've got a couple Troopers who would be willing to allow Fuze to rejoin Havoc Squad (though probably on probation with a demotion to Private) after he renounced his treason and

redeemed himself by helping you on Tatooine.

Edited by turbomagnus

Well I just figured that they could 'bypass' the linking to the story choices and make them neutral companions. Sort of like they did with HK-55 (I won't put any spoilers here). Not a perfect example, since the wrote a story for that event.

Maybe I am just too attached to some of the NPCs ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah they should actually sell story characters no longer vital to the current plot.

Even if you are allowed to kill them or they forcefully die somewhere on the story it doesn't mean all players would take that path.

Me for example, I am one of those who really felt touched by Vaylins story and ended up wanting to spare/redeem her, cuz she only needed a hug to be honest. Yet we weren't even given a try at it.

I do want to be able to have story characters I really cared for that are now just forgotten on old content. Devs should promote their freaking "choices matter" slogan with this sort of content. Cuz my choice is to keep these people around me one way or another. lol