DPS Build

Talon_Starfire

Not a fan of this build for PvE, but it might work OK for PvP with a couple of tweaks.

From a PvE perspective, you would be much better off with a full Lightning or Madness build. You are missing out on all the buffs to your dots in Madness and you don't get Thundering Blast or the procs from Forked Lighting or Lightning Storm in the Lightning tree. Backlash and Electric Bindings are useless for PvE. This is probably going to be a full 10 percent or more behind the sustained DPS of either a full Madness or Lightning build.

On the PvP front, you might enjoy the stun from Backlash and the root from Electric Bindings, although if you want the bubble stun, I would just go ahead and put both points into Backlash. Chain Lightning is a bit of a waste without the procs to give you instant cast higher in the Lightning tree. You are almost never going to get a chain lightning cast off without being interrupted in PvP. It's way too long a cast time. Plus, the damage isn't spectacular for the amount of time you spend casting and risking interrupts.

What would you suggest for a Lightning build & I'd like instant cast chain lightning please?

Thanks

I will let someone else give you a specific lightning build as it has been a while since I have run one, but in general, if you take Lightning Storm, you can get a proc for instant chain lightning.

In general, a full Lightning build works well in PvE but not so much in PvP because you spend way too much time standing still and casting, which means you get interrupted a lot.

Yeah I assumed it would look like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfcMMoMbZcMcRsrkb.2

I need to PVE so I am guessing it is probably not an option, need more out of crushing darkness and deathfield. I can live without the 31 point talent in madness but the other stuff are kinda needed.

Don't discount the value of Creeping Terror. In PvE, it is right there with Affliction as one of your best abilities as far as damage per cast time. And in PvP, that two-second root on low cooldown is spectacular. In Huttball, it can trap people in fire and buy you extra time to burn a ball carrier because it is not affected by the resolve bar. It's also really good in general for PvP both as a tool to let you get distance from melee and to keep people from escaping and using line of sight against you..

:sy_empire:How is this?:sy_empire:

Thanks

Most people using a full madness build are putting three points into Seeping Darkness in the corruption tree for the extra force critical chance. You should also consider putting a couple of points in reserves. The extra force pool is really important. I would take the points from lightning barrier and put them in reserves. Then you have a choice. Sacrifice either the three points in convection or electric induction. I personally keep electric induction because it keeps me from running out of force. Convection will boost your damage a bit on Crushing Darkness, but with a Madness build, you aren't using the other three skills boosted by convection. And I find I get more bank for my buck taking electric induction and using the extra force to weave shock into my rotation while on the move.

What about this please?

Thanks

That is a pretty standard full Madness build. It's actually the build I use. It really comes down to whether you want 3 points in Electric Induction or Convection. I put mine in Electric Induction. Others prefer Convection. It's totally up to you.

I put the 3 points in convection, then 1 point in electric induction, and 1 point in reserves. You'll be able to keep your steady rotation for at least a constant 6 minutes. That pretty much covers most enrage timers. Plus on most bosses, there will be some times of a DPS pause which you can refill on force by spamming consumption then your free heal.

I put the 3 points in convection, then 1 point in electric induction, and 1 point in reserves. You'll be able to keep your steady rotation for at least a constant 6 minutes. That pretty much covers most enrage timers. Plus on most bosses, there will be some times of a DPS pause which you can refill on force by spamming consumption then your free heal.

So this?

Full lightning is not a great PvP build. You simple spend too much time standing and casting which makes you immobile and subject to interrupts. A sorceror who is not moving in PvP is dead. Either go full madness or use one of the myriad hybrid builds that gives you some of the utility in the lightning tree without relying on procs from lightning strike.

Full lightning is not a great PvP build. You simple spend too much time standing and casting which makes you immobile and subject to interrupts. A sorceror who is not moving in PvP is dead. Either go full madness or use one of the myriad hybrid builds that gives you some of the utility in the lightning tree without relying on procs from lightning strike.
Is this a good build or could you point me to one I already know about Noxic and I want Chain Lightning as well as the Spamable Lightning talent?

Thanks

Is this a good build or could you point me to one I already know about Noxic and I want Chain Lightning as well as the Spamable Lightning talent?

Thanks

That's fine for PvP if you want the instant-cast chain lightnings. It probably wouldn't be a great PvE build, though. You are missing out on all the bonuses to your DoTs in the upper Madness tiers, especially deathmark.

Thanks

I use this spec for pvp and find it the most reliable,the only thing that differs on mine is that I don t put the 2 points in suppression but in seeping darkness instead.I have gone all over power with my gear so i need some extra crit to be at least at 30-31% crit with the 5% buff.

I use this spec for pvp and find it the most reliable,the only thing that differs on mine is that I don t put the 2 points in suppression but in seeping darkness instead.I have gone all over power with my gear so i need some extra crit to be at least at 30-31% crit with the 5% buff.
Do you mean this?

Thanks