Analysis: The Force

Wolfninjajedi

Alright now here is another Analysis thread of mine, now I know its not another Starfighter thread which I was planning to do. But I wanted to explain something about The Force here, not in the way Aurbere is doing with different Force Powers but to just give a better general understanding of what its capable of doing...so lets begin here.

=======================

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

―Darth Vader to Admiral Conan Antonio Motti, referring to the Death Star

Known as the Way in ancient times, the force was viewed in many different aspects, these included but are not limited to the light side, the dark side, the Unifying Force, and the Living Force. Though the Force was in all living things, its power could only be harnessed by beings called 'force sensitives' which were found by a high count of midi-clorians which gave the being's Force potential.

Manifestations of the Force which were mental based abilities tapped through the person's willpower and could take all forms. These included telepathy, psychokinesis, and enhanced physical and metaphysical preception. The Force could be used to bend the will of weak-minded beings and guide an adept's body. Users who were very good at using the Force could cease merely reacting to their surroundings and actually predict events in the very near future, such as the next blow in a duel. Guidance like this enabled Luke Skywalker to launch a proton torpedo into an extremely difficult target on the Death Star in the Battle of Yavin.

In addition to enhancing their own skills, Force users could manipulate the world around them such as Sith using force lighting and choke while Jedi used it to heal and protect. Manipulating the Force entailed significant risks, however. When a person used the Force beyond their body's ability to sustain it, the individual could suffer physical damage, accelerated aging, or in an extreme case, certain death by burning their own body cells from the inside out. Palpatine, and Dorsk 81 are prime examples of excessive Force usage and the consequences.

======================

In short folks, the Force can do pretty much whatever the hell it wants. The only time it stops anyone, is if the person is unable to sustain the ability that they are using which could cause damage to their bodies. You guys remember what Yoda said?

"Size matters not."

Well he wasn't kidding, as evident that he was able to lift up Luke's X-wing. Dorsk 81 proved this further, shoving 17 Imperial Star Destroyers out of a star system with a Force Push, 17 STAR DESTROYERS!. He died doing it sure, but it proves that size doesn't mean jack **** to the Force.

The Force doesn't care about how big something is, if the person is trained well enough they could do pretty much anything with the Force. Lets look back to Vader's quote up top.

Hes right, look at what it takes for the Death Star to destroy a planet. It takes all this technology, and yet the Force could kill anyone with a mere thought as evident by Vader choking Motti with nothing more then a simple hand gesture.

So there you have the thread folks, just wanted to get it out of the way seeing as all these posts about Galen being OP and Force this and Force that has been popping up lately.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Analyzing the Force is a big job. You did a pretty good job with providing a basic analysis of the Force. However, the Force is incredibly mysterious and there is much more to uncover.

I had actually planned on examining the Force in all it's aspects. I probably will, but once Force powers are done, I'll move on to Force theories (Living Force, Unifying Force, Insidious Force, etc.).

Good read. :)

Analyzing the Force is a big job. You did a pretty good job with providing a basic analysis of the Force. However, the Force is incredibly mysterious and there is much more to uncover.

I had actually planned on examining the Force in all it's aspects. I probably will, but once Force powers are done, I'll move on to Force theories (Living Force, Unifying Force, Insidious Force, etc.).

Good read. :)

Was merely trying to get the point across, that its capable of doing anything. It somehow shocks people, or people say so and so is OP doing all sorts of crazy things with the Force when there hasn't been stated any limitations to the Force.

Was merely trying to get the point across, that its capable of doing anything. It somehow shocks people, or people say so and so is OP doing all sorts of crazy things with the Force when there hasn't been stated any limitations to the Force.

Oh I know. I think the "unnatural" stuff that happens kinda throws people off. Like massive lightning storms, or moving Star Destroyers. The thing is, the Force encompasses all things. It is everywhere, like the air, it's just there. Who's to say that someone couldn't wrap the Force around a Star destroyer and move it. It would take some heavy willpower and stamina, but it is possible. Especially in the case of Dorsk 81. While it destroyed him, it showed that such a feat is possible.

Great read.

I love Yoda's quote: "Size matters not."

I've observed that the most important thing in a Jedi/Sith is their faith in the force. Sure - midichlorians help, but in the end what matters is how much you trust the force. If you can lift a rock with the force, then you should be able to lift a planet (at least that's my interpretation).

Great read.

I love Yoda's quote: "Size matters not."

I've observed that the most important thing in a Jedi/Sith is their faith in the force. Sure - midichlorians help, but in the end what matters is how much you trust the force. If you can lift a rock with the force, then you should be able to lift a planet (at least that's my interpretation).

Well, I doubt someone could lift a planet but the analogy is good. Size does not matter. But to use the Force requires a number of factors:

1. Midichlorians... Obviously. The more you have the greater your connection to the Force.

2. Dedication to your path... To use the Force requires dedication to your path, Light or Dark. Your dedication to the Light or Dark Side can also determine your ability to command the power of the side you have chosen.

3. Willpower... Where there's a will, there's a way. Great feats with the Force requires a strong willpower. The will of the Jedi can decide what he can do. Can he move the rock? Should he will it, then yes.

Midichlorians are the most important part of this trifecta, but the trfiecta forms a circle. Dedication and willpower revolve around Midichlorians, but Midichlorians can mean nothing without the proper training and the other two parts of our trifecta.

• 3 weeks later...

A good read and i agree THE FORCE can do whatever it wants.

I however am getting very anoyed with the large amount of over the top force users.

I mean if the emperor can achieve inmortality true willpower alone(and perhaps a ******** of miliclorians) who says others cant do the same?

Or how darth nox binds spirits making him probley even stronger then the emperor.

Bring back the time when jedi and sith where still mortals please and not dimigods.

A good read and i agree THE FORCE can do whatever it wants.

I however am getting very anoyed with the large amount of over the top force users.

I mean if the emperor can achieve inmortality true willpower alone(and perhaps a ******** of miliclorians) who says others cant do the same?

Or how darth nox binds spirits making him probley even stronger then the emperor.

Bring back the time when jedi and sith where still mortals please and not dimigods.

This goes back to the determination and knowledge aspect of things with achieving immortality, finding that knowledge let alone understanding it is more then likely difficult. The binding spirits...I don't see making Darth Nox stronger then the Emperor that just seems far fetched really. Would make Nox powerful, but not more powerful then the Emperor.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi