I'm Finding it Hard to Play a Dark Side Character, Suggestions?

Berronaxftw

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll answer this quickly.

If you have difficulty playing a Dark Side character, don't be one. This is an MMORPG. Emphasis on the Roleplaying-Game part, it's critical you remember that. If a playstyle (or "life style") isn't fitting for you, then don't do it. If you don't enjoy playing the game that way, then you aren't playing the game right. The point of RP is to pretend to be what you want to be. To end this quickly, don't do what's uncomfortable.

Okay, I'll answer this quickly.

If you have difficulty playing a Dark Side character, don't be one. This is an MMORPG. Emphasis on the Roleplaying-Game part, it's critical you remember that. If a playstyle (or "life style") isn't fitting for you, then don't do it. If you don't enjoy playing the game that way, then you aren't playing the game right. The point of RP is to pretend to be what you want to be. To end this quickly, don't do what's uncomfortable.

True, but it's just I feel like i'm missing out on a lot of stuff :confused:

True, but it's just I feel like i'm missing out on a lot of stuff :confused:
Then perhaps you should approach the story differently. Your original backstory is a good one, but here's another, one the SW story itself facilitates for:

You are a Sith, but you are not evil. Upon beginning your training you quickly became disenchanted with the Sith ways (as you as a person have). But instead of defecting from the Empire which you hold in such high esteem, you attempt to reform it from the inside, by rising in power and influence and making yourself an example to others. It is not always necessarily to slaughter innocents, torture, back stab and betray, your enemies can be used, converted to the other side. Have you played KOTOR 2? If so adopt Kreia's policy 'do not adhere to a single idea' adapt to the situation as you see fit and do what you think is right. I'm sure you'll end up with a very interesting character who if rolled male, gives a lot of options for Vette and LS Jaesa. (LS Jaesa will be a boon to developing your character and emphasising on this stand point, as her philosophy would mimic yours.)

SI can be done in a similar way, though I'd suggest SW first. Just remember, playing LS Empire works a lot better than playing DS Republic, you'll soon find that. LS DS choices are there for a reason, so you can develop your own personal character, and that's whoever you want it to be.

Then perhaps you should approach the story differently. Your original backstory is a good one, but here's another, one the SW story itself facilitates for:

You are a Sith, but you are not evil. Upon beginning your training you quickly became disenchanted with the Sith ways (as you as a person have). But instead of defecting from the Empire which you hold in such high esteem, you attempt to reform it from the inside, by rising in power and influence and making yourself an example to others. It is not always necessarily to slaughter innocents, torture, back stab and betray, your enemies can be used, converted to the other side. Have you played KOTOR 2? If so adopt Kreia's policy 'do not adhere to a single idea' adapt to the situation as you see fit and do what you think is right. I'm sure you'll end up with a very interesting character who if rolled male, gives a lot of options for Vette and LS Jaesa. (LS Jaesa will be a boon to developing your character and emphasising on this stand point, as her philosophy would mimic yours.)

SI can be done in a similar way, though I'd suggest SW first. Just remember, playing LS Empire works a lot better than playing DS Republic, you'll soon find that. LS DS choices are there for a reason, so you can develop your own personal character, and that's whoever you want it to be.

Very nice idea thanks.

Part of me wants dark side jaesa simply cus.. well that's the only way to romance her and vette is a bit lame ><

Then again dark side jaesa sounds like she will obviously stab you in the back at some point :sul_eek:
Actually she's quite loyal, the same can't be said for everyone... but yeah I'd give LS Sith warrior a whirl, you'd be surprised how well it turns out and I reckon it could be a very compelling story.

I'm playing a mostly dark sided Sith Assassin. She will do anything for the Empire. She'll bribe, manipulate, torture to finish a mission. She won't harm innocents on a whim, but she'll unleash force lighting on a civilian holding back valuable info. But once info is taken, what happens is no longer her concern.

She has a job to do, and that's it, infact most times it's nothing personal. It's her job.

Actually she's quite loyal, the same can't be said for everyone... but yeah I'd give LS Sith warrior a whirl, you'd be surprised how well it turns out and I reckon it could be a very compelling story.

loyal? thought she was just power hungry, made me think she would just kill you for a chance at your power

Yes, she is a total psycho. But LS Jaesa is a totally different character and one I reckon you'll find very compelling.

i's such a damn shame you can't romance her.. or maybe have her as a neutral version, where she gives in to emotions but doesn't go full psycho and evil mode :(

those 100 "weak servants" could become your loyal followers if you treat them right, loyalty inspires heroism and those weak servants could become formidable warriors

Too many could and too few guarantees for my taste. Sure Empire needs citizens, army etc., so it's not possible to torture to death everybody around. But sparing random people who have no value for Empire is something, which makes dark side weaker and therefore can't be good for Empire. Resources and potential allies thing is pure excuse for weakness here.

Hmm...

I played my Sith Warrior a little darker earlier in the game. Then she was still uncertain if she would be able to hide her LS-side, being a LS-character on Korriban is not healthy so she is very very careful. Did DS-choices here and there to keep up the charade. As time passed she became more sure of herself and her own power, stopped taking DS-choices for the sake of appearances. Very much loyal to the empire, but sees another way forward than the current vision.

My Dark Side characters have a moral code, despite being dark. Children are always off limits. If there is a child hurting, or in need of help, my character always help them, light or dark. There are other quests that I take a stand on, like Ria Delaru on Coruscant. But at the same time, I have no problems deceiving the Jedi on Korriban. I'm okay with that.

I never was a huge fan of destroying Jaesa's life and personality just for the sake of being able to romance her.

Well don't do it for just that reason :p

I know with my Sith Warrior, wanting to play her differently than most of my other characters (which would mean usually ending up very light sided, but not 100%...LS2-4 depending on the character)...she came off as a bit...bi-polar.

Affection would go up and down with Vette and Jaesa, though interresting enough, usually always down with Qunn. No desire to use the Talz, and never got around to using Pierce in missions.

I never was a huge fan of destroying Jaesa's life and personality just for the sake of being able to romance her.

I think when she goes DS, her true personality she was hiding all life finally reveals and she's happier than before actually.

Then again dark side jaesa sounds like she will obviously stab you in the back at some point :sul_eek:

Actually no she won't she is attached to the sith warrior the SW destroyed everything she loved and now she hooked herself on the SW she "loves" the SW.

During her conversations I keep telling her she needs to learn how to betray me and all that stuff gets what happend? I lost approval. As I said she is attached. As I said she is a pet she is attached and loves and adores the sith warrior.

When I tell xalek to do these things he gains approval he even says when you are weak he is ready to kill you and one of his throw away lines is "One day the student will become the master".

I'll hold of rolling a SW until light-side jaesa can be romanced :), not really interested in vette.

But anyway thanks for the ideas, I think I have enough to go on to create my new character.

Not gonna happen you are never going to be able to romance LS Jaesa the person who wrote the sith warrior story said he is not interested in doing it so stop asking kind of response.

Plus the direction the game is going I don't think we are getting any more companion stories so I think the chance of it happening is pretty much zero.

Edited by lokdron

Not gonna happen you are never going to be able to romance LS Jaesa the person who wrote the sith warrior story said he is not interested in doing it so stop asking kind of response.

Plus the direction the game is going I don't think we are getting any more companion stories so I think the chance of it happening is pretty much zero.

I disagree, I think it will happen and I also believe we're going to get more companion stories and possibly more companions.

Also ffs.. keep getting this bug where whenever I try to post in a thread it asks me to log in, when I log in and click "community" it logs me back out.. really annoying.

I disagree, I think it will happen and I also believe we're going to get more companion stories and possibly more companions.

Also ffs.. keep getting this bug where whenever I try to post in a thread it asks me to log in, when I log in and click "community" it logs me back out.. really annoying.

If the lead writer of the sith warrior storyline himself said that light jaesa is not getting a romance when someone specially asked him.

Its not going to happen. He wrote the story for vette to be the LS romance.

I don't think anything I say will convince you but let me say this you are going to be waiting a VERY long time since its not going to happen.