Day 1 people please post reply...

Rewzter

Been here since early access, love the game, still find it fun and entertaining but I'm not playing as much due to my newborn so just mostly running dailies for gear and levelling alts for fun, no raids or guilds unfortunately :( I think this game has the perfect mix of everything to keep someone entertained, every MMO hits the "endgame wall" so that isn't unique to this game. I'm still a subscriber and will be well into foreseeable future. I enjoy the cartel packs but do not buy them other then the 500 CC/month I think the new skins and content they provide are great for the game. I'm also relieved to see that the F2P option is working well and has revived this game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played it first on the gamescom in cologne on august 2011 bought the CE on amazon some weeks before (just in case *g*) and played since then (beta + prelaunch day 2).

I will finish my 12th lvl 50 on next sunday, and i am having all storys played through since over half a year.

With legacy boost and mindless spacecombat you could hit 50 in under 50h without quitting any conversation on your class story.

I have tried 4h on the first day of lost island, have written german playthroughs for the chevin event 1h after the event hit the servers, dud just logged in for the raid for some weeks in between, and enjoyed swtor every day.

Been here since the Summer 2011 beta testing. Also did the weekend stress tests in the fall. Early access to the game and been a subscriber since day 1. My first character in the actual game (non-beta) was a smuggler name Korben on the Juyo server. My second toon was a Jedi Knight named Leeloo also on Juyo. The saddest day was when I came back from being out of the country for almost 6 months only to find that Juyo had been shut down and my characters had been moved to Jedi Convanent and I had to rename my characters. so now I have Korbon and Lylou with my Dallas legacy.

Can't wait to play the expansion with my April 9th early access!

Edited by xRadicalEdx

I didn't join BETA but I have been here since general release.

I have not unsubbed. There was a period (this time last year) where I lost interest but I came back...! Only a lot of my friends were gone when I regained interest.

- Arcada

Been here since beta.

Subscriber the entire time.

6 level 50's and working on 3 more.

Run one ops every week and usually run two. Still better than last year when I was sometimes running 3 or 4 a week and getting close to burnout.

Not going anywhere as long as the release new content in a timely fashion. Having too much fun playing with friends and the community.

don't like that Bioware/EA never listens to the community.

See and I think BioWare listens too much ;)

Been in beta, play since early access, all this time subscribed (well, had to skip a month couple of times due to RL issues, but never went f2p, just was not able to play) and do not feel like I am wasting my money. Especially since monthly price is about the same as two visits to the cinema for me, so TOR is one of the cheapest entertainment regarding time/cost ratio.

Game became better over time, many bugs fixed (not all, but still, just remember early days, how horrible some things were!), they added many features I wanted to have (cross faction mail, both-faction GTN, match to chest and hide head slot for companions, group finder, more characters per server, etc), so there's hoping they add more(legacy bank! oh please, legacy bank!!!). Makeb looks good from previews and I liked changes for 2.0 I seen on pts.

Game sure had it hiccups, but overall I'm pleased. The only big disappointment for me is that they do not plan to continue class stories in foreseeable future, as stories are the main hook of this game, and there only so many times you can run the same story till you get physically sick of it (I have 12 characters, 9 of them are 50, so the mere thought of going to Ilum at the end of the stories hurts me). Hope they will introduce story expansions frequently enough not to get sick of Makeb too.

Here's my SWTOR history:

"October 2008 site account creation

Day 1 CE pre-order

Beta Tester from August 2011 - December 2011

Day 1-Wave 2 Early Access

Subscription never lapsed, currently 6-month subscriber"

So obviously from my history following this game, I am a big fan and follower. Yes there have been issues with the game, but it never bothered me as much as it did others. This was my first MMO so part of my enjoyment had to do with my lack of expectations in regards to what features a Triple A MMO should launch with. My guild was very small and took over a year for everyone to hit max level, so we have only recently started into endgame content. This has also helped keep me interested and avoided burnout. I will continue to play and support this game as long as I am having fun, and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

I've been here, and subbed, since launch. I took a 4 month break last summer, but returned to check out the changes post-FTP and found the game to be vastly improved.

Having fun, can't wait for the 9th!

Was there for day 1. Played a massive amount till 1.2 when we full cleared HM Ec 2 weeks after release. We left shortly after and just returned this jan. I however stayed subbed while gone from june to nov. The game is worth the money if your looking for a social game. Its fun and easy. The problem i have with SWTOR is customer service. I have reported a lot of bugs and my tickets always get replied to with "Your lying". Then a friend sends in the same ticket and they reply with "Yea that sounds like a terrible bug thank you and here is your item refund". This has been a trend since me and my raid team reported the bugged chest in HM EC back last april where the chest before minesweeper was bugged one week and our whole team was called a liar in our tickets and on the forums. Only to have it fixed the next week. If you plan on playing this game and dont expect anything from GM's then it is totally worth your time and money.

Overall SWTOR is a fairly average MMO with a amazing backing called STAR WARS. Everyone loves starwars =D

I started from day one with a collectors edition, but I had to create a new account cuase of a super idiotic thing with the security questions, they dissapeared on me so I could never log in anymore (happened right before christmas) so I started a new account about a week ago and now this happens :mad: :mad:

Been around since the later beta days. I have my complaints, but this is still a great game, in my opinion. It took a long time, and a lot of alts to find that Scoundrel is the best fit for my playstyle. One thing I do want is server transfers, so I can bring all my chars to one server. Me and my buddies all played on bastion, but when they quit, I switched to a european server because I get less lag.

I have been here since open BETA and pre-launch. I am just wondering how many have stuck with it and what are your thoughts? I know I have a few and will elaborate with other posts. I have paid my monthly all the way through but is really worth it?

Was here for the November Beta, and a current paid subscriber from "Day 1." For me it's "really worth it."

The game needs 'work', BUT I see good progress in getting that 'work' fleshed out. Seen and played too many online games that essentially collapsed in their second year. Not seeing those warning signs in SWTOR.

Will SWTOR fold or hold? Will know more in year three.

//* Survivor of 20th Century Oubliette, Air Warrior, Neverwinter Nights, and Ultima Online.

//* Player of a whole lot of 21st Century online games; dead and living.

Pre-ordered CE, got early access and been subbed since with some varying length breaks along the way.

I'm still enjoying the game even with all the problems this game has had. Then again I feel the game was released far too early but that was the decision they made and this is where we are today. Things may have been different if the game had been launched December 2012 instead of 2011.

What annoys me most right now is the lack of focus on looking after loyal subscribers due to the recent emphasis on getting people to spend money on Cartel Coins and focus on the Cartel Market while subscribers don't seem to be getting enough Cartel Coins per month to be able to buy much of anything on the Cartel Market. In the end, this deprives the loyal subscribers from being able to access things simply because they want to pay their sub fee and have access to all the features the game has to offer but not always being able to gain access to those features because of the new SWTOR game experience. Also, with all the stuff coming out on the Cartel Market but not much appearing at the special vendors seems to also suggest that the focus is on the Cartel Market.

Fine, if that's what the devs want then they can continue on with this and see what happens with the game and the loyal subscribers.

The other issue I have is that I am a casual gamer and only have so much time to dedicate to this game. However, I also want to be able to have the opportunity to complete my codex and participate in everything the game has to offer so that I am still able to complete things even if it's at a slower pace. This issue ties in to events more than anything because where others have had the time to be able to dedicate to such events, others haven't necessarily been in a position to dedicate such time to be able to participate in such events and gain the rewards whatever they are including having been able to complete elements of the game because they have had the time. If I don't have the time and miss out on events, I'll always feel like I'm missing out on things simply because I don't have the time even though I want to be able to participate in these things, get the rewards and complete content in game.

I hope the devs take this in to consideration a bit more for the casual players who do actually want to complete content and gain the rewards from participating in these events because if I keep missing out on them due to not having the time then it'll only frustrate me further and maybe one day the frustration will reach a point where I just give up on the game completely and then they've lost a loyal subscriber who hasn't unsubscribed at all since launch.

However, what the devs do is up to them and all they can do is make their own decisions and whatever the consequences will be will be.

For now I'm continuing to stick with the game because I still have a lot to do since I've only completed the SI and SW stories.

Edited by ratty

Started 13th december 2011, stopped around march 2012 and came back in november 2012. The game is quite good comparing to launch days.

Still need a big performance tweak, but i think its doing ok for what it offers (a very linear but highly cinematic theme park mmo).

So, ill keep playing : )

Been here since day one. Subscriber all the way. Looking forward to 2.0., ordered it in Dec. I expect to be here for a year or two more, depending on game world events like the Rakghouls and Hutt Scavenger Hunt, and new expansions.

I like that I can solo and level at a decent rate.

I like my guild and events I do with them.

I love the story lines.

I love the character story lines, for the most part.

I think the graphics and animation are first rate.

Maybe there Is too much gear to chose from, but then there always is in any game today.

CS does a decent job. I give them all the info. they require and they have always come back to me with help.

I like the way the dev's continue to 'tweak' the game. I think they do listen. . Over all I think the dev's. do a decent job.

I don't like crafting and I feel that I should. Every character on every game I've played, I've crafted. When I hit 400 I thought well, now when I send my guy out, he can make 5 items at a time for me. Great. I should like that, but I don't.

There are some items recipes need that are so expensive that they make making it myself prohibitive. I just collect the mat's and pay someone else, or buy it on the GTK. I will work for the expensive items.

Crafting has paid off for me in that I make items for my own low level characters and companions cheaper than I can buy them. And enjoy it. I don't enjoy grinding dailies for a week to afford one item I need (like molecular stabilizer for hitls) to buy off another player, to be able to make one item myself. I'm working on that by leveling all crafting to 400.

I'm not saying this as well as I wanted to: I just think that the difference between what I craft and what I can sell on GTK dose not warrant the time I spend on the high price items.

I would like to see a better way of sorting the crafting recipies.

I don't like the Cartel store selling armor for 'real money'. I realize that it is here to stay. But it is another undercut to in-game crafting.

I don't like calls going out for Flashpoints/Ops with the defining call: "be geared and know the fight"-within a week of the new Flashpoint/Ops coming out. Slap NDAs on beta testers and don't allow them to set up video tell-all's before the game has gone live. But this is the way it is everywhere. I don't have to use any of those sites, I like to explore and find things on my own., and I do.

But, to play Flashpoints/Ops I have to do this in order to get grouped. So those videos I watch.

Being able to 'google' all the games content without putting any effort into figuring out game content themselves, is detrimental to both the game and themselves. Gamers flock in like locusts, google, play, leave. And then excellent games like SWtor are forced to go F2P. F2P not a bad thing in that it saved more than one game, I guess.

I played Everquest from day one, Mar. 1999, for 8 years. Then played a variety of games that never matched up to what I was expecting, since I had cut my teeth, so to speak on EQ. None ever will match EQI think.

SWtor is closest I've found for long term play, that I not only enjoy, but actually intend to stay around for, since I played EQ. So yes I will stay for the long haul.

I've been present since early access as well - and I've stayed subbed all through it, even when I took a break from the game for a few months shortly before 1.3 went live.

And I'm also very happy to see that the game is on the rise again after a very troubling period - and I hope the devs will manage to keep it that way. :D

I was in the open beta under another user id. I did not sub right away hence why I do not have the Founder tag. After spending $150 on the CE subbing right out of Beta was a rather tall order... Once the Ilum issue was repaired I came back. and have been a sub since.

I started with beta, played for a while, took a short break for medical reasons and returned. HATE PvP with a passion but that's a personal preference and not a reflection on the game. LOVE the detailed storyline for each class and the voice acting is great. It's nice to have PvE content that is truly story driven. I love the companions and being able to interact with them as it makes them feel more real and the story more dynamic.

I'm not a day one person--when the game was announced and all the hype was building, I was in a bad place financially and just couldn't think about an MMO. Once I was situated financially, I was sucked up by the Mass Effect franchise. Had a friend who was in the beta for SWTOR tell me I had to play--but I was too excited looking forward and replaying in preparation for ME3. Once that came out and the ending broke my heart, we decided to give SWTOR a chance. So... I subscribed in April of 2012, making me under a month short of getting the founder title...

And I've been addicted ever since. :) Still subbing a year later--as is my husband--and we specifically bought better computers just to enjoy the game more. I've taken a few short breaks in playing (most recent run of the Gree event really burnt me out--the grey helix components being bound to character made things really frustrating. I have 13 on two of my characters, 10 on another, and 22 on a fourth, and by the second week, I just couldn't handle running the heroic more to get the parts I needed to get the weapons I wanted. Managed to get one lightsaber and I guess I'll have to be content with that), but I just got my fifth level 50 this weekend and I'm looking forward to enjoying this game for years to come.

On a side note, I'm a strange person: Even though I do have the five 50s, I still love doing all the side missions on planets and listening to the conversations. It's all just so fun. Give me voiced leveling quests over boring dailies any time. :) I've also yet to complete an operation: I've done most of Karagga's palace, but couldn't beat the Hutt himself, and haven't gotten a group together again. I'm looking forward to stretching myself and trying to get some better gear soon.

TL;DR: While I haven't been here from day one, I've been here as a subscriber for a year, and I love this game. I'm nervous about 2.0, but I plan on staying around as long as the game exists. :)

First subbed in February after the initial launch. Not exactly Day 1, but fairly close. I dropped my sub for about 3 months for financial/time reasons. Came back once F2P was announced. Subbed again once I realized how limited my gameplay was as a F2P. Had 3 50's, and couldn't do much with 'em.

What I stay for:

FP/Ops and low-level PvP (I like the gear grind, to some extent. If not playing for that, and I'm informed early on, I really don't mind helping fresh players. You do have to let me know ASAP in a FP/Op)

My Guild

Storylines

It's Star Wars (allows me to overlook smaller issues quite often)

What I hate:

Gen chat post patch (seriously, we know not everything got fixed. If the game was completely broken, you wouldn't be typing. Chill)

Cartel Market (some of the gear is awesome. Trying to get more money out of me without providing a credit-based alternative is not)

Open world PvP on PvE servers (Looking at you, Gree Event. I picked a PvE server for a reason. You want to gank someone trying to finish a quest? Go to a PvP)

I missed the Jan 7 deadline for preorder, but I did pick up RotHC. Very anxious to check out Makeb. Til then, can't complain too much about the update. Needless to say, I can't see myself unsubbing just because of one patch/xpac.