Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally received a response from Bioware regarding this, though they have not formally sent anything through the BBB yet. Just thought I would share a snippet of the response regarding our concerns:

Following a recent contact from the Better Business Bureau, I have reviewed your case.

I would like to provide you with some information regarding the issues you have encountered. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, please feel free to reply to this email, should you have any questions regarding this or any other matter.

I have reviewed your past tickets and forum posts, I understand that you have been inquiring about the Oceanic server situation. I would like to assure you that, as mentioned by Joveth Gonzalez, the Online Community Manager for Star Wars: The Old Republic, your concerns are important to us.

We want you to have a great gaming experience and you can be reassured that we would be happy to help with any concerns you might have. Unfortunately, regarding this particular subject, I do not have any more details to provide you with but Oceanic players will be updated as soon as we have more information.

....We take your comments very seriously and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this particular matter.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

So to sum it up, it's a lot of words to say "We're doing nothing about it". It is coming up to three months since US/European servers had their upgrade, and yet still they have not found a solution to address our issues. Anyway, I am awaiting to hear how they responsd, but I am guessing it will be the same level of poor service.

I'm loving the "..." in that quote. Nothing says professional like pretty much saying "Well, um, yeah.. So like.."

Edited by Setsugetsuka

It seems pretty clear they just want to get Free To Play out the door before they mess around with servers again. I have no problem with that, it makes sense to me. I can wait a couple of weeks.

The problem i see with this is that when ftp comes out with paid transfer, those that can afford it/cbf'd waiting will transfer to US servers right away. When that happens our servers will have such low populations (not including the most likely irritating kids that MIGHT come with ftp, play for a couple of weeks then never come back) that merging them wont help much for higher level, experienced players that refuse to fork out the $$ to transfer...

How cool it is having players from 3 AU servers joining together and asking for a server merge. If ever a server consolidation will really happen, we can all meet in game, and have compeititve PVP /RWZ and lots of PvE. Really looking forward on it guys!

How cool it is having players from 3 AU servers joining together and asking for a server merge. If ever a server consolidation will really happen, we can all meet in game, and have compeititve PVP /RWZ and lots of PvE. Really looking forward on it guys!

lol'd @ your sig being changed to the bastion XD

Master Dar' who?!?

It seems pretty clear they're waiting for the free to play release before making any decisions. I agree that this is probably the best solution from their perspective, but they've absolutely failed to get the community onboard

Why are you hiding from us Bioware? Do you seriously expect us to believe you're still 'actively investigating the issue?' I can't see a legitimate reason why you can't tell us what you're planning, or issues that are stopping a solution from occurring. Without input from you, people give up and quit or reroll on other servers making the issue worse. If you told us you were waiting for free to play, I think most people would accept that and stick it out. Silence leads to apathy.

This is about your relationship with your consumers and unless you engage with us we just won't care. There are other games we could be playing, show us we made the right decision sticking with SWTOR.

I think over the last few months there support has been a lot worse with even in game tickets now taking up to a week the game is on a knifes edge and a downhill slide. I thought SWTOR could be saved they did have great ideas but the attitudes of the people they hire are just rotten and selfish but not all staff are like this and this makes it bad for the good ones that do help people.

All the Oceanic community wants is fair play with a population where they can enjoy the game or manual transfers to a server of there choice.

You're all gonna hate me for saying this, but I don't really encounter many issues with the population on Master Dar'Nala. That said, I do play doing prime times.

Also absolutely love my <100ms ping.

10 bucks says this is just Alphababe trolling

Creating bad for the press for the game on websites is not going to do anything good for SWTOR. It is a good game and deserves much better press than it already has.

They obviously need to see how f2p affects the servers before merging them. Their servers are half a planet away from their main office, so its reasonable that we may get some delays. They do care about us, hence why we have our own servers in the first place.

I can understand why they might want to wait for F2P before changing anything, but I believe their thinking is flawed.

Here are the reasons:

• "APAC" severs only are beneficial ping wise for Australian players, maybe New Zealand as well
  • New players that like to group won't want to play on low pop servers.
  • People will go to play where their friends are, many players in the APAC tiem zones are playing on US west servers
  • Word of mouth is that the APAC servers are dead
  • Anyone who tries both an APAC server and an NA server will likely have better experience on the NA server.
  • Anyone who has read or heard of this thread will realized playing on the APAC servers means you get inferior service.

And the thing is, anything they do now, could be reversed if required.

A server merged, could be split later, transfers now, could transfer back again later.

Some communication would be nice, but a distant second to some action on this matter.

This really is horrible customer service.

They obviously need to see how f2p affects the servers before merging them.

Let me do it for you.

1) SWTOR goes free to play. New APAC player decides to play and choose server. See's Harbinger and Bastion at Heavy/Very Heavy at 8pm AEDST, or all of the APAC servers at Light, unless there is some action happening on Gav Daragon, which would make it standard.

2) The APAC player begins leveling on an APAC server. Throughout the starter and capital planets the population will vary between 5-20 players.

3) The APAC player then hits Balmorra/Taris. The population never goes past 10 and has to wait 30 minutes for a pvp match.

4) The APAC player becomes discouraged and does one of two things:

5a) Leaves the game.

5b) Re-Rolls Bastion/Harbinger and enjoys worlds of 50+ people, near instant pvp queue pops.

So what affect does this have on current APAC players?

No influx of new players. There will be hardly any new people willing to stick this game out on dead servers.

f2p won't help any endgame content players what so ever it's a great perk maybe for someone starting out but once your into only raiding the f2p access is worthless the costs to unlock any of the stuff is pricey not just Operations but skill bars and so on. So why Bioware are waiting if they even are but all I can say is support is foul and the way they treat there customers is a shocker.

So..... Bioware is there any chance of getting all 3 APAC servers merged YES / NO

if yes please give us a ball park time frame

if no give us FREE transfer option back to US server of our choosing

Im giving game till XMAS then am going to pull the plug as am sick of being treated like 2nd class citizens (or worse)

Am rapidly loosing faith that anyone there knows what the **** you are doing as everything is done in secret and ahem so called leaked info is usually old news, poor communication is .... well.... POOR and virtually non existant.

Creating bad for the press for the game on websites is not going to do anything good for SWTOR. It is a good game and deserves much better press than it already has.

They obviously need to see how f2p affects the servers before merging them. Their servers are half a planet away from their main office, so its reasonable that we may get some delays. They do care about us, hence why we have our own servers in the first place.

We are not creating bad press for swtor, BW/EA is. We are just asking news website to report at the abject lack of customer service to APAC community in general and this thread in particular.

The only thing I agree with in your post is that it is a good game, but it does not deserver anything, least of all the $15 we are paying BW each month, as frankly we are not getting the service NA users are for the same amount of money.

They do not, I repeat DO NOT, need to see what f2p does. This thread has been going on for much before f2p came into the picture. F2p is not stopping them from popping in here every once in a while to give us updates. F2p is not stopping them from coming here and stating that they are waiting for f2p.

yeh their servers are located half a planet away, but we dont need all of BW austin to come here to do server merges. They have shown they have the tech for it by merging US and EU servers. As for the some delays, I belived the US/EU servers were meged 3 months ago. it it was a slight delay we would understand, this is just ridiculous.

They do not care about us, they gave us the servers as they thought the SW franchise will get them 300k APAC customers, and it did at the start, but their complete and utter ineptness and ******** decisions, and the way they have treated the APAC community has left them in this hole, and instead of trying to climb out of it, they are just digging it deeper.

I am lucky I run with a guild that does PVE/PVP all the time. If I was a pug I would have left this ages ago. The only thing that keeps me is weekly raiding and some PVP with guild, otherwise there are other better MMO's to play

Edited by sankalp

They do not care about us, they gave us the servers as they thought the SW franchise will get them 300k APAC customers, and it did at the start, but their complete and utter ineptness and ******** decisions, and the way they have treated the APAC community has left them in this hole, and instead of trying to climb out of it, they are just digging it deeper.

I don't get that you think 1.2% of the entire country was going to play this game. I expected this game to get around 5-10k subscribers from Australia over the long term.

Would prefer cross-server PvP/E than a server consolidation or character transfer to a NA server.

Perhaps they're working on that?

Are those that are QQ'ing now the same people that cried out for an APAC server in the first place?

I'd like to thank BW for listening to us in the first place and providing us with what we wanted :)

Would prefer cross-server PvP/E than a server consolidation or character transfer to a NA server.

Perhaps they're working on that?

Are those that are QQ'ing now the same people that cried out for an APAC server in the first place?

I'd like to thank BW for listening to us in the first place and providing us with what we wanted :)

They didn't make APAC servers for you or anyone else that's using them. They made them to make money.

Somehow now I'm sure they are convinced ignoring us is going to make them more money too.

I can understand why they might want to wait for F2P before changing anything, but I believe their thinking is flawed.

Here are the reasons:

• "APAC" severs only are beneficial ping wise for Australian players, maybe New Zealand as well
  • New players that like to group won't want to play on low pop servers.
  • People will go to play where their friends are, many players in the APAC tiem zones are playing on US west servers
  • Word of mouth is that the APAC servers are dead
  • Anyone who tries both an APAC server and an NA server will likely have better experience on the NA server.
  • Anyone who has read or heard of this thread will realized playing on the APAC servers means you get inferior service.

And the thing is, anything they do now, could be reversed if required.

A server merged, could be split later, transfers now, could transfer back again later.

Some communication would be nice, but a distant second to some action on this matter.

This really is horrible customer service.

Only thing i'd add to this is that with f2p they will bring out paid character transfers with the result being many current players leaving APAC for higher pop servers before f2p makes any impact

Only thing i'd add to this is that with f2p they will bring out paid character transfers with the result being many current players leaving APAC for higher pop servers before f2p makes any impact

Won't make a difference for me tbh, I have 3 more toons to finish the story on and a month to do it in.

EA you had your chance, thanks to your poor decision making and lackadaisial attitude to us Oceanics you will have lost some very loyal customers.