anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?

Almghty_gir

Seriously. Is it that hard to add a RE'd orange schematic result to various items that match a specific skin in white/green/blue versions?

All you've got to do is add a set of orange items with no real stats that match those visuals. This should be cake for an experienced MMO team, right?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude at one point in beta just about every crafted item in this game was "custom". that was so much cooler. i understand why it was changed but i still wish it was so every crafted item was modifiable. (that was when you couldn't pull mods out of items, you could only put new ones in)

you wouldn't need to RE schematics from orange loot drops because you could get a custom version of every item in the game from regular crafting schematics.

the other cool thing is that you could craft a bunch of stuff at your level while lvling and put the mods in all your gear so you were always at-lvl gear-wise. (of course it makes cybertech a little redundant to armor crafting) you can still do it, but it has to be one of the "custom" shells.

Edited by MorgonKara

• 2 weeks later...
Really disappointing. To RE and get a chance for schematic for any orange world drop would be awesome and make a welcome vitalization of ingame crafting. Hope BW is reconsidering this mechanic.

• 2 months later...

I agree with the outrage here.

I have been mostly frustrated with the fact that as an armor crafter and seeing some greens that i can research into purple, become totally worthless at level 50. Maybe I'm just a noob ( I wish) and this is already possible, but I want every craftable weapon/armor to be researchable into a custom empty shell of the same item. Even if it has to be researched up through purple first is understandable. I have seen some armormech and synthweaving armor that I want to wear at 50, but it would be a terrible decision stat-wise unless I can have a empty shell version to put end game mods into. As of now all I see on my purple crafted items is "No research available."

Why is this not an option in the first place? It would add tons of customization options for players and the development team wouldn't have to do much in the way of making it a reality, relatively speaking.

Heck, make an armor and weapon design feature to let players design their own weapons and armor, bet it would be a huge hit, and would be something that hasn't (to my knowledge) been in an mmo before. (A feature similar to the game, Spore, where you design your own creature).

But that's a topic for another time. All I really want is to be able to make custom shells of my all craftable weapons and armor. Doesn't seem like that much to ask, considering that I was almost certain I heard bioware say this was going to be possible in 1.2 or 1.3.