Dear BW - Rated warzones

mattycutts

Hope someone from BW will respond please:

1st, we have rated warzones for LONG time now with the promise would be extended to individuals not just the curret group ones, when will we see this since very few seem to be doing rated warzones in groups on my server now?

we have tried to sign for rated warzones and sat waiting 2-3 hours in peak times no pop :(

One aspect was really looking forward to was rated warzones not reliant on just a group of 8 on each side signed up.

Would love to see it rate your group and the individual in matches then you could just do away with the "quee group for rated match" since all matches would be rated.

BW should scrap the whole rated WZ idea. remove the rating system and turn current rateds WZs into full 8 vs full 8 WZ with same rewards as normal WZs and no rating system at all. the current system is being abused in a bad way.

if BW wants esport type high level competition in PVP they need to do a tourament system that is run by GM's. any coded/automatic system is always exploited and abused.

Edited by MiaRB

Unfortunately it seems as if Bioware has all but completely abandoned ranked PvP, at least for now. 1.6 is supposed to be a PvP update, yet does nothing to improve the dire state of rated warzones.

I play on the Shadowlands, and like many other servers, ranked pvp is pretty much completely dead. Occasionally we hold 16 man events where we bring in pugs from various guilds and form two teams, but its very rare to see an actual guild team of 8 people in ranked pvp nowadays.

Unfortunately it seems as if Bioware has all but completely abandoned ranked PvP, at least for now. 1.6 is supposed to be a PvP update, yet does nothing to improve the dire state of rated warzones.

I play on the Shadowlands, and like many other servers, ranked pvp is pretty much completely dead. Occasionally we hold 16 man events where we bring in pugs from various guilds and form two teams, but its very rare to see an actual guild team of 8 people in ranked pvp nowadays.

Actually, you might see an improvement in rateds for 1.6. Given the fact that WH gear will be easier to maintain, and the difference between WH and EWH is not as substantial as previous tiers, this may allow more people to field viable teams.

Just a thought, not a defense.

your sitting hour in que because its server only, if they had a cross server que it would help a bit. not to mention any 4 man team that ques goes directly into going up against a pug group. if every 4 man group that qued was automatically sent into ranked up against other 4 man teams you would have a much faster service.

most wz's ive been in is loaded with 4 man premades, it wouldnt take long if they sent them to ranked instead of pugs.

your sitting hour in que because its server only, if they had a cross server que it would help a bit. not to mention any 4 man team that ques goes directly into going up against a pug group. if every 4 man group that qued was automatically sent into ranked up against other 4 man teams you would have a much faster service.

most wz's ive been in is loaded with 4 man premades, it wouldnt take long if they sent them to ranked instead of pugs.

not to be "that guy," but it would only help the 5-10 elite teams. they'd still rofl stomp everyone else who wouldn't Q any longer. I don't know that that's a bad thing. I just wonder if rated wz's have passed the point of no return. the problem now isn't just x-server. it's convincing the casual, moderate and medium talented PvPers to dip their feet in the waters...and in significant numbers so that they don't continually draw elite opponents. I just don't see that happening even with x-server at this point. but I am fairly cynical.....

I'd sign up to get rofl stomped if I could solo queue. 6 medals in a losing fight (not that hard to get) is still more ranked comms then converted warzone unranked victories. It's why my ranking is so terrible- I pug sometimes just for the sake of doing so.

as others mentioned though, Ranked Warzones seems to be an afterthought and it's too bad. For us.

Ranked simply doesn't happen unless you pre-arrange queues with another team. No one wants to sit in suspense waiting for a pop.

I would strongly suggest:

- a dashboard showing all currently queued teams,

- or even simpler, an announcement to /pvp channels on fleet (and /general in all WZs).... Every time a team queues. "A team of 8 heroic warriors of the Republic, captained by <insert name> is waiting for challengers!"

Ranked simply doesn't happen unless you pre-arrange queues with another team. No one wants to sit in suspense waiting for a pop.

I would strongly suggest:

- a dashboard showing all currently queued teams,

- or even simpler, an announcement to /pvp channels on fleet (and /general in all WZs).... Every time a team queues. "A team of 8 heroic warriors of the Republic, captained by <insert name> is waiting for challengers!"

Please don't make queue dodging any easier. Something showing how many teams are queued is fine, who they are shouldn't matter.

Please don't make queue dodging any easier. Something showing how many teams are queued is fine, who they are shouldn't matter.

Personally... what I have been seeing on my server is, "I hear ABC might be queuing.... let's not." In other words, lack of transparency just means less queuing, period.

I think rated would have done much better if they started small like 3vs3 or 4vs4. But of coarse they would have to spend a little money on smaller maps. I'm sure there would be a lot more action. in that setting

I agree with this

BW should scrap the whole rated WZ idea. remove the rating system and turn current rateds WZs into full 8 vs full 8 WZ with same rewards as normal WZs and no rating system at all. the current system is being abused in a bad way.

if BW wants esport type high level competition in PVP they need to do a tourament system that is run by GM's. any coded/automatic system is always exploited and abused.

I completely /Totally agreed with you on that.